ARCHIVED: New TNP Democratic Union

For any kind of recall, I would say about 10% of the assembly needs to support it, and at least 2/3 needed to officially recall. We don't want to be scheduling special votes all the time, but we should be able to recall a deputy or chairman.

As for Egalotir, I would agree that those are reasonable terms.

Yea I don't think we're gonna have as many special elections or recalls as we think hahaha at least let's hope. But it's good to have the procedures there. I'm for

Egalotir:
Yea I don't think we're gonna have as many special elections or recalls as we think hahaha at least let's hope. But it's good to have the procedures there. I'm for
Same

I think waiting 2 weeks for a session is a bit too much. I think the chairman should have the responsibility of admitting nations who pass the requirements we set up. If someone is heavily opposed they can bring their concerns up at a session. I think the chairman would be well qualified to judge whether to admit nations or not.

Edit: the admittance of "temp nations" I think should be reserved for session.

That seems fair.

If there isn't anything else to discuss, I can start the rough draft of the procedure and present it here.

I'd be inclined to say the chairman would decide, and if anyone had an issue with it, it would be discussed at the sessions.

I have no problems with what has been discussed so far.

Fenichi:
That seems fair.

If there isn't anything else to discuss, I can start the rough draft of the procedure and present it here.
Go for it. I'm at work now multitasking :p but tonight I'd be happy to keep working on this with all of you.

But if the issue with the certain member is addressed and a majority agree with the said issues. What happens? Are they excluded as members? If so, what majority would be required for their removal?

A majority vote will do. I'm not expecting tons of people to join, so as long as there is at least 51% who agree to address an issue should be fine. I would also assume it would depend on the severity of what they did.

Also, who wants to host the DU's headquarters?

I would say treat it as a recall. 10% to start vote, but maybe 3/4 to actually deny membership.
Sauceistan's capital Sasdidly will gladly host the DU.

How about those whom have been nominated by someone else or themselves to host cannot vote for themselves?

Alright. Expect the rough draft by tomorrow or Friday. If there is anything else to add don't hesitate to post it down here.

But then the headquarters is always moving. We could claim international land on the map. Then the DU has a set headquarters and then no one country has control over it.

Seems good. But what will happen if the deputy/chairman quits it's position before the next elections? I think it should be similar to the case where the old deputy doesn't want to be the next chairman, and, if in the case the chairman quits, the current deputy takes it's position.
Also: count me in! :yes:

The Democratic Union (D.U.)

After a failed attempt to maintain the United Democratic Nations of the North Pacific (from here on referred to as the U.D.N.N.P.), nations of the North Pacific have banded together once again to form the Democratic Union, an organisation seeking to establish democratic standards and resolve issues through peaceful debates.

Goals of the D.U.

The D.U. has kept the main values of the U.D.N.N.P., these goals being to (in no specific order);

1. Promote democracy and similar principles
2. Maintain and encourage economic development between nations that reside in the North Pacific region
3. Preserve the culture of the nations of the North Pacific, as well as promote said cultures
4. Seek regional peace, stability and and values
5. Assist in promoting social values that will assist in promoting political and social freedoms
6. Provide a stable and peaceful environment for nations of different cultures and ethnicity to band together and discuss current issues

Issues can range from climate change, political tensions between two nations, civil conflict as well as trade agreements, scientific research and political arrangements.

Political Sessions

In order for the D.U. to operate, member nations will meet together every other week to discuss issues such as (but not limited to) the ones above. Each session will be monitored and organised by a Chairman and a Deputy Chairman.

Headquarters

As an inter-regional organisation, the Democratic Union must have a headquarters where the nations can gather and discuss important events. As a result, the headquarters will be held on an island which will be considered international territory.
Nations will not be permitted to attack, colonise or disrupt the island in any sense
Nations are not permitted to bring a military force of any kind on or in proximity the island
The island is strictly for the political usage of member nations

Leadership

The Chairman and the Deputy Chairman have to different roles. The Chairman is in charge of deciding which issues need to be addressed and how they should be addressed. They are also in charge of monitoring sessions to ensure that the session is held in an efficient manner and admitting new members. The Deputy Chairman is in charge of assisting the Chairman in his duties as well as inform members of upcoming events.

Elections

Elections will be held every four months. During elections the Deputy Chairman will replace the Chairman, and members can vote for a new Deputy Chairman.

In the event that the current Deputy Chairman refuses to become Chairman, the Deputy Chairman will have to act as a sitting Chairman while a two-week election period is held. This period will be divided as such;
Days 1-4: Chairman/Deputy Chairman candidates will be campaigning their position by addressing issues and ideas that will be best for the D.U. to be guided from
Days 5-7: Chairman/Deputy Chairman candidates will engage in a debate which will be used to argue the other candidates position
Days 8-11: Members (including candidates) will use this time period to vote for their preferred Chairman/Deputy Chairman
Day 11: Votes are counted
Day 12: The new Chairman and Deputy Chairman is announced
Day 13-14: The new Chairman will use this time period to prepare a short speech
Once the election period is done, the new Chairman and Deputy Chairman will assume office

Vote of Non-Confidence

If, for any reason, the current assembly finds the current Chairman and Deputy Chairman unfit to act out their roles a member can call for a vote of non-confidence. If 10% of D.U. members support this call, the vote will commence. If by the end of the voting two-thirds of D.U. vote against the current Chairman and Deputy Chairman, they will recall their roles and elections will be held.

Membership

One of the main roles of the Chairman is to recruit new members. However, the Chairman must do so under certain guidelines. These guidelines are;

The nation must have a rank of thirty on the Diebold Scale
The nation must have thirty Martin, Jr. Units
The nation must reside in the North Pacific
Sign the necessary application
Sign the needed “Oath of Membership”

If a nation that does reside in the North Pacific does not meet any of these requirements, the Chairman may temporarily admit the nation into the D.U. if they chose to. The nation will have a two month period for them to gain the necessary requirements needed to officially join the D.U.. If the requirements are not met by this time, the nation will be ejected.

Application

Official Title of Nation:
Short Title of Nation:
Capital City:
Region of Residence:
Head of State:
Head of Government:
Democratic Union Representative (if admitted):

Type of Government:
Martin, Jr. Units:
Diebold Scale:

Your Nation's attitude towards Democracy:
Your Nation's attitude towards the North Pacific:
Reason for joining the Democratic Union:

Oath of Membership

I, (Head of State and/or Head of Government) swear to promote the ideals of peace, freedom and progress among the other nations of the North Pacific and beyond. By joining the Democratic Union, I/we understand our role to the region, and will act in such a way that will only benefit its future. I/We vow to stomp out the seeds of evil that only serve to restrict the values that the North Pacific treasures, and will weed out these seed in the hope that one day our proud virtues can grow prosperously.

Sincerely,
[Name(s), Position of Power(s)]

In the event that the current Deputy Chairman refuses to become Chairman, the Deputy Chairman will have to act as a sitting Chairm

I would say if he refuses OR IS UNABLE TO become Chairman. Other than that I absolutely love it. Thank you for taking the time to write the draft. I don't have any issues with it and I am ready to proceed.

Application

Official Title of Nation: Hapriss Confederation (or The Confederacy of Hapre)
Short Title of Nation: Hapre
Capital City: Campgart
Region of Residence: North Pacific
Head of State: Federal Council (7 person group)
Head of Government: Federal Council (7 person group)
Democratic Union Representative (if admitted): Kire Astoc (FC member)

Type of Government: Federal multi-party directorial republic with elements of direct democracy
Martin, Jr. Units: 72/100
Diebold Scale: 68/100

Your Nation's attitude towards Democracy: A base to equality, civil rights and peace.
Your Nation's attitude towards the North Pacific: A great Region, full of care and love, but also full of political descisions.
Reason for joining the Democratic Union: It's a great opportunity to expand our political experience and diplomacy.(and by that, i mean RP experience, just in a fancy way)

Oath of Membership

I, Kire Astoc, Representative of the Federal Councilvswear to promote the ideals of peace, freedom and progress among the other nations of the North Pacific and beyond. By joining the Democratic Union, I/we understand our role to the region, and will act in such a way that will only benefit its future. I/We vow to stomp out the seeds of evil that only serve to restrict the values that the North Pacific treasures, and will weed out these seed in the hope that one day our proud virtues can grow prosperously.

Sincerely,
Kire Astoc, Representative of Hapre's Federal Council

Also, it's pretty nice!

The draft is great!
Also: I'm not Minister of culture, but if you guys need something simple (eg: flag) i can help!

I'll make a new thread sooner or later with the changes Egal suggested. That will be the final draft and then people can apply.

We can see what happens from there.

I second the draft. Or something.

I think we need Civil Rights and Political Freedoms thresholds to be made more higher. At least fifty.

Maybe when the Union is fully settled we good ask for a subforum. That way we could keep the Union organized and not overload the negotiation subforum.

Back