Quotable Quotes

Dr. Evil: You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here! What do we have?
Number Two: Sea Bass.
Dr. Evil: Right.
Number Two: They're mutated sea bass.
Dr. Evil: Are they ill tempered?
Number Two: Absolutely.
Dr. Evil: Oh well, that's a start.

“If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time-a tremendous whack.” ------- Winston Churchill

We are oft to blame in this,
'Tis too much proved, that with devotion's visage
And pious action we do sugar o'er
The devil himself.

[Shakespeare's Hamlet Act 3, Scene 1]

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
? Albert Einstein

“What a chimera then is man! What a novelty! What a monster, what a chaos, what a contradiction, what a prodigy! Judge of all things, feeble earthworm, depository of truth, a sink of uncertainty and error, the glory and the shame of the universe.”-Blaise Pascal

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."

-Ferdinand Foch at the First Battle of the Marne, September 5-12, 1914

Foch won the battle and would later go on to become a Marshal of France.

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."
By: John Quincy Adams (6th President of the U.S.)

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.”

? Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Back