Amendment to the holidays section of the Legal Code

Abacathea

TNPer
In honor and respect to McMasterdonia as former delegate for his services to the region, I hereby submit the following changes be made to section 7.2 of the legal code.

Section 7.2: Holidays
6. The first of January shall be known as Remembrance Day, and shall provide an occasion for Nations to remember those players who have left the region and the game of Nationstates.
7. The twenty-sixth of April shall be Flag Day, and shall commemorate and celebrate the adoption of the Flag of The North Pacific.
8 The twenty-sixth of May shall be Manumission Day, and shall commemorate the end of the delegacy of Pixiedance, and celebrate the return of a democratic government to the region.
9. The eleventh of June shall be Delegates' Day, and will acknowledge the hard work of Delegates past and present and celebrate their great contributions to the region.
9. 10. The seventh of July shall be Constitution Day, and shall commemorate the ratification of the Constitution of the North Pacific.
10. 11. The twenty-eighth of July shall be Liberation Day, and shall commemorate and celebrate the overthrow of Great Bight and return of a native government to the region.
11.12. The thirteenth of November shall be Creation Day, and shall commemorate and celebrate the establishment of Nationstates; and provide an opportunity to extend fellowship throughout the NationStates communities.
12. 13. The twenty-third of November shall be Founders' Day, and shall commemorate and celebrate the establishment of the first official forum of The North Pacific, and through it the community which has kept The North Pacific as the preeminent region in Nationstates.

I feel this would serve a day of acknowledgement to delegates sitting, former and future and a overall fun day in TNP :)

What does McMasterdonia's bum smell like? I figured you would know since you've been kissing it. :P

I kid, I kid. I agree with the idea of Delegates day, but not singling out one Delegate like that.

I support this bill, Vice delegate, Mcmasterdonia contributed greatly to region and just like we have presidents day in The United States, we should have a delegates day for all delegates. If this goes to the voting floor I will support it and second it to a vote.

Democratic Donkeys:
What does McMasterdonia's bum smell like? I figured you would know since you've been kissing it. :P

I kid, I kid. I agree with the idea of Delegates day, but not singling out one Delegate like that.
Aye, the flag idea might be a tad too much, I'll edit that out. He just gets to be the inspiration. Also, you're just jealous it's not your bum my delightful nose has been sniffing around. Ass :P

Edit - Edited. :P

Why May 11th as opposed to any other day?

We have several holidays already in the April-May time frame, but we're short of any between July and November. :)

Grosseschnauzer:
Why May 11th as opposed to any other day?

We have several holidays already in the April-May time frame, but we're short of any between July and November. :)
Good catch Grosse. I've spotted nothing in June? And I like the number 11, so i've edited it to the 11th of June. Nice summer date for a Pacific celebration IMO :)

Edit - aye I see the shortage between July/November. But I've always liked June as a month (being a June baby) so I'd like to go with that.

Also DD - You're such a likeable brat you know that? :P

I'm with dd. we have had a lot of good delegates over the years who have gone unmarked. A delegates' day would be better.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
He didnt want my "mcmasterdonia day". I think I may have suggested "delegates day". Im pretty sure that wasnt taken well either and i just withdrew it.

Maybe it was because I submitted it. Maybe you have more clout than me Abacathea

PWL42's McMasterdonia Day Proposal
Yeah I don't support McM day for reasons others have already said.

I don't recall seeing Delegate's day. I don't know how I feel about that either. For one thing - it'll give JAL an opportunity to celebrate himself some more ;)

All the delegates that aren't called Durk. *nods*

But Durk is the only TNP Delegate to CTE in office.

He was deleted by the game mods.

A feat which is unparalleled in our history.

If some of the bad ones did good things for TNP, I see no reason not to at least respect them. But I'm not inclined to differentiate. Primarily because to do so would be clunky and awkward, and TNP's constibillicode is awkward enough as it is :P

As far as I am concerned, the day will celebrate all of those legal elected Delegates who didn't go rogue.

(In the RL US we have a President's Day which originally celebrated the combination of two holidays for George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, but is nw taken to celebrate all of the US Presidents.)

Grosseschnauzer:
As far as I am concerned, the day will celebrate all of those legal elected Delegates who didn't go rogue.

(In the RL US we have a President's Day which originally celebrated the combination of two holidays for George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, but is nw taken to celebrate all of the US Presidents.)
That seems the most eloquent way of putting it :)

At the request of the bills sponsor this piece of legislative proposal is now in formal debate. Formal debate shall last for five (5) days after which a vote shall be scheduled.

That phrasing is awkward.. how about, "The eleventh of June shall be Delegates day, and will acknowledge the hard work of Delegates past and present and celebrate their great contributions to the region."

Minor tweak "Delegates day" should be "Delegates' Day" since it is for multiple Delegates and the possessive voice is required for the word "Day", and capitalizing Day is consistent with the other listed holidays.

I think it does, to read better.

Don't make me propose an immediate "apostrophe insertion act". this is not an idle threat.

Modesty, false or otherwise, is not one of my characteristics. I am, however, burdened with a British dislike of gaudy self-aggrandisement

flemingovia:
Modesty, false or otherwise, is not one of my characteristics. I am, however, burdened with a British dislike of gaudy self-aggrandisement
Really?! A 'British dislike of gaudy self-aggrandizement'? Have you seen Britain's Got Talent?

Anything with Simon Cowell involved is a guaranteed disaster. There's a fine example of an overinflated ego. Puts everyone else down to shame.

Back