Proposed Holiday: McMasterdonian Day

1. Clauses 7 to 11 of Section 7.2 of the Codified Law of The North Pacific are hereby renumbered to 8 to 13, respectively.

2. The following is inserted in Section 7.2 of the Codified Law of The North Pacific,

7. The seventh of April shall be McMasterdonian day, and shall commemorate and celebrate the 200th day of the reign of McMasterdonia and McMasterdonia's service to The region of The North Pacific.

As the bills sponsor I motion an immediate vote and choose to waive the formal debate period and ask that the speaker schedule an emergency vote since those in the RA failed to observe this most important date and did not make a motion in advance to pass such a bill.

Upon passage of the McMasterdonian Day Bill, hopefully we can celebrate retroactively, maybe tie it in to the upcoming flag day festivities.

Thank you.

Also, I would like to state to the speaker, that upon researching the legal code for this proposal I found an error in section 7.2 it is numbered "6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 11" instead of the approprate "6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12"

Don't we have enough holidays?

generally our holidays do not revere a person. There are many people in TNP who have done worthy acts or service to the region. We would either need to give them all a special day or keep personalities out of our civic calendar.

We need to do something. The RA dropped the ball in not recognizing the 200th day. Its shameful to let a historic moment pass without as much as a word said about it.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
We need to do something. The RA dropped the ball in not recognizing the 200th day. Its shameful to let a historic moment pass without as much as a word said about it.
I think there are several members of the RA whose balls have not, actually, dropped.

It is no more shameful than letting other anniversaries mass unmarked:

The tenth anniversary of Nastic's delegacy
The sixth anniversary of Magicality's delegacy
The nine hundred days of JAL trials.
the seven and a fifth anniversary of the move to z13
Ten days without someone asking for a judicial review of something they do not like (the TNP equivalent of running to tell mummy).

etc etc etc

Dang right, I want another paid holiday. McMasterdonian day seems approprate.

There is already Liberation Day and Manumission day to celebrate the ends of two tyrannical regimes. Why not have a holiday that celebrates the life and times of a benevolent successful regime!?!??!

I would support this proposal if mcmasterdonia were first declared eternal delegate of TNP by a constitutional amendment.

I am definitely in favor of such an amendment.

Crushing Our Enemies:
I agree with not inserting personalities into our holiday schedule.
I contest there already are "personalities" in our schedule.

Manumission day and liberation day commerate the end of pixidance and great bright respectivly.

Those celebrate the efforts of many people in removing dictators and returning us to democratic rule. That's very different from saying "Hey, that guy's awesome. We should have a day in their honor."

As much as I like McM, I do not think a holiday should be created around a person unless they are once and for all retiring from the game after a life of service, and even then, more than a holiday, I would make another kind of honor (like Magicality City is one to Magicality :p )

The proposal is now in formal debate, I decline to shorten that debate as the member requests, a matter as important as this deserves full consideration in this Assembly. Formal debate concludes in five days.

Also, I would like to state to the speaker, that upon researching the legal code for this proposal I found an error in section 7.2 it is numbered "6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 11" instead of the approprate "6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12"
I would note this is not within the Speaker's jurisdiction, I cannot make alterations to resolve such errors as to do so would rob this Assembly of its legislative function. The reason for the said error is due to the Flag Day Bill, clause 1 of which read: "1. Clauses 7 to 11 of Section 7.2 of the Codified Law of The North Pacific are hereby renumbered to 8 to 11, respectively."

Upon futher consideration and much to my personal displeasure, as I would like nothing more than to have more paid TNP holidays a holiday to celebrate our beloved current leader McMasterdonia He has voiced his displeasure and uncomfortableness in having such done in his name, and I do not wish undue hardship on El' Presidente' McMasterdonia, (and apparenty some RA object to holidays in peoples honor for some strange reason.) As such, I motion to withdraw this proposal and ask the RA to view my more serious proposal of a more pressing concern which also concerns holidays, that of fixing a numbering error. Thank you.

I'll just go with plan B. If McMasterdonia ever retires from TNP politics to petition the forum administrative team to rename the regional assemby hall in his honor the "McMasterdonia hall of the Regional Assembly" :D

I have a question. Why is there a Llama in this thread?

LlamaHEAD.jpg

Back