Lennart's pre-Campaign Rally

Lennart

TNPer
Come gather around me, TNPers, citizens of the largest, most important region in Nationstates: I'm here to officially announce my candidature for the upcoming Delegate elections of TNP.

As you probably know, I wanted McM to run for a third term because I share his vision of a secure, fun, plural and culturally exciting region. But now he's out of the pool and DD will be looking for a revelation, probably naked and drunk, hugging trees in the middle of nowhere. Other than them, I seem to be well known and respected in game, even being the most voted in a poll about "who should be the next Delegate?" (link: http://www.nationstates.net/page=poll/p=6205).

That means I'm active both offsite and in-game, OOC and IC, thus countering the idea of the oligarchic, elite class, rule of feeders. I will be the delegate of all TNPers, just as McM is as of today.

Now, make as many questions as you want, ask away! Your candidate Lennart / Avalon is here to answer.

Thanks for the compliments.

DD, winning without your endorsement isn't worth it :blush:

Alunya, as long as you don't hunt *this* canary, do as you please ;)

What is your view of the raider/defender sub-game, and how should the NPA fit into it?

What is your philosophy when it comes to signing treaties or forming alliances with other regions? What criteria should we be looking for in a region to open formal relations with? What sort of terms do you think treaties should include or omit?

What sort of regions do you think we should pursue military cooperation with?

The platform of the Tyr's Hand party (of which I am a member) states:
Military independence
-It is the opinion of Tyr's Hand that the North Pacific Army should have operational independence with effective oversight. This means that the North Pacific Army has control of its own affairs on a day to day basis, with oversight being provided by the Minister of Defence, and that the Regional Assembly shall only intervene when extraordinary circumstances present themselves, such as a breach of law or operational professionalism.
How do you feel about the Tyr's Hand party view on military independence?

Who would you have in your ideal cabinet? (two categories in this question)

- Of players that are in the North Pacific today

- Overall, including people who have left the game/region

What role would you allow the Vice Delegate to have in your cabinet? Would you expand upon their duties in the executive simply as the Vice Delegate.. offer them a Ministry on top of their VD duties, or simply leave them to focus on their SC responsibilities?

Crushing Our Enemies:
What is your view of the raider/defender sub-game, and how should the NPA fit into it?

What is your philosophy when it comes to signing treaties or forming alliances with other regions? What criteria should we be looking for in a region to open formal relations with? What sort of terms do you think treaties should include or omit?

The platform of the Tyr's Hand party (of which I am a member) states:
Military independence
-It is the opinion of Tyr's Hand that the North Pacific Army should have operational independence with effective oversight. This means that the North Pacific Army has control of its own affairs on a day to day basis, with oversight being provided by the Minister of Defence, and that the Regional Assembly shall only intervene when extraordinary circumstances present themselves, such as a breach of law or operational professionalism.
Thanks COE, here you have my answers.

I have always consider myself to be neutral, but I don't like to annoy other communities. The NPA shouldn't necessarily fit perfectly into that opinion, as it won't be my personal army. But if it did, in my perfect world, the NPA would: 1-defend TNP, 2-defend allies, 3-raid enemies, 4-raid nazis, 5-be active in Warzones.

These days, the NPA raids, it's a fact. And in recent polls I've learned TNPers seem to be fine with it. Some actions are training missions, like the Atlantic raid... It was labelled like that and it didn't destroy the community. I will be perfectly OK with those missions. Other missions involved overthrowing one-endorsement delegates... I don't think we need to do that anymore.

Criteria: size, activity, key members... And also cultural impact. In fact I love to see cultural references and clauses in treaties.

My philosophy in this case would be rather conservative, keeping and signing treaties with large, stable, well known communities. Even better if they are democratic like us, so we can be sure they support the same ideal of liberty we stand for.

That statement, if carried out, would give me more power as a Delegate, since the army would operate mostly under the leadership of my Minister of Defence (i.e. someone I appointed). I personally prefer the Regional Assembly to intervene as it does now.

Thanks again. Next post >> answers for McMasterdonia.

mcmasterdonia:
Who would you have in your ideal cabinet? (two categories in this question)

What role would you allow the Vice Delegate to have in your cabinet? Would you expand upon their duties in the executive simply as the Vice Delegate.. offer them a Ministry on top of their VD duties, or simply leave them to focus on their SC responsibilities?
Thanks McMasterdonia.

First off, it's difficult for me to give a straight answer to that question. I've been thinking about that since I decided to run and there's a couple of people with experience or potential (or both) for every Ministry.

Second off, I respect your current Cabinet very much, it's a great team and I might as well have them in mine. I don't want to say any names to avoid comparisons and that kind of stuff.

Anyway I'm going to be honest but not specific.

I'm impressed with Abacathea and Gladio, R3n's work is simply perfect. Kiwi would perform very well at almost every Ministry and I trust he will make a great Delegate in the future. I would also like to have you, McM, specifically for Defence. I would kill to have Flemingovia for Culture & Entertainment or Communications.

I miss Iro.

I will give my VD an Office if I think he/she is the right person to do the job, has the time and wants to do it. I think the key here is activity and time they can offer. Some people even do many things for different regions at the same time... So it shouldn't be a problem.

Why should I, as an informed voter, vote for you and not Roman? And how could you counterbalance Roman's experience as a justice? What does your experience as a cabinet member bring to the delegacy?

Leekem:
Why should I, as an informed voter, vote for you and not Roman? And how could you counterbalance Roman's experience as a justice? What does your experience as a cabinet member bring to the delegacy?
Thanks, Leekem.

Roman is an amazing candidate. But what I'm offering is something completely different: a natural continuation of the cultural rebirth of TNP both here and in-game, daily activity and attention to details, to new arrivals, a fresh image of TNP in the game world. I don't have to promise all of that because it's already happening.

On the other hand, I don't need to counterbalance his experience as a Justice, because I'm not running for Justice. I've been involved in many interregional events while being a Minister in TNP and in other regions, like the Commonwealth of Crowns, where I used to be Minister of Foreign Affairs, and I got to know many interesting people as well as different ways to do things in different regions... And many offsite forums where I have an account. I learned a lot. I made friends. And I keep moving easily through NS even though I'm not that cosmopolitan anymore.

Can we expect copious amounts of awesomeness from your delegacy?

(Basically, any plans that you may have?)

Lord Nwahs:
Can we expect copious amounts of awesomeness from your delegacy?

(Basically, any plans that you may have?)
^ This and this v

God:
How does a pre-campaign differ from a campaign?
were supposed to be answered in the campaign proper, a more serious thread I wanted to open with a more detailed set of intentions and policies... Now I am wondering if such a thread is even necessary. I will probably post in this thread with my detailed plans after the Flag Day. So Olvern, wait a bit and you'll have a list of awesomeness... Or ask me for anything in particular you would like to see.

And Flemingovia, the campaign truly begins when I call every other candidate a communist.

DD:
Will you ban Olvern as your first action as Delegate?
I will probably banject Catalonia before anything else.

If you were the leader of the IRCabal, what would be the most nefarious plot you would execute?
I am a good guy, don't expect nefarious plots from me.

What, does a donkey have to run for Delegate to get asked an actual cool creative question like that? :no:
Probably. Now I feel I wasted a chance to answer something cool (._.)

Thanks for your questions everyone!

Abacathea:
Would you be willing to toss me a sympathy vote when the time comes? :P
Actually, I want you in my hypothetical Cabinet. I wanted to ask you via PM if you would be willing to be my WA Affairs Minister... Would you? If not, is there any other job you're interested in?

You can answer this privately or publicly, whatever you feel it's better.

Lennart:
Abacathea:
Would you be willing to toss me a sympathy vote when the time comes? :P
Actually, I want you in my hypothetical Cabinet. I wanted to ask you via PM if you would be willing to be my WA Affairs Minister... Would you? If not, is there any other job you're interested in?

You can answer this privately or publicly, whatever you feel it's better.
If I have my way I'll be serving as your VD, assuming that crown isn't too heavy I'd happily continue to stab at the beast that is the WA on your behalf! :D Even if I don't get VD (that sounds icky when said like that) I'll probably still do it :) How can I say no to that charm and charisma? :P

Edit - You didnt acknowledge my campaigning within your campaign thread in the "givez me votez!" :P

Lennart:
Leekem:
Thanks, Leekem.

Roman is an amazing candidate. But what I'm offering is something completely different: a natural continuation of the cultural rebirth of TNP both here and in-game, daily activity and attention to details, to new arrivals, a fresh image of TNP in the game world. I don't have to promise all of that because it's already happening.

On the other hand, I don't need to counterbalance his experience as a Justice, because I'm not running for Justice. I've been involved in many interregional events while being a Minister in TNP and in other regions, like the Commonwealth of Crowns, where I used to be Minister of Foreign Affairs, and I got to know many interesting people as well as different ways to do things in different regions... And many offsite forums where I have an account. I learned a lot. I made friends. And I keep moving easily through NS even though I'm not that cosmopolitan anymore.
Could you please restate your answer regarding what your experience as a cabinet member brings to the Delegacy?

Lord Byron:
Could you please restate your answer regarding what your experience as a cabinet member brings to the Delegacy?
Sure:

I know how Regional Government works from the inside and I've worked with different people in this and other regions. Even if I am not an old, well known player, I'm no stranger to interregional politics and cultural exchange.

Thanks, Byron.

Aba, you have my vote for VD. That goes without saying :P

I interpret his answer as "none".

Lennart - I have some questions for you.

1. What do you believe to be your biggest weakness and how could it affect your time as delegate?

2. What do you believe is the biggest challenge facing the Regional Assembly?

3. And most importantly, boxers or briefs?

punk d:
I interpret his answer as "none".

Lennart - I have some questions for you.

1. What do you believe to be your biggest weakness and how could it affect your time as delegate?

2. What do you believe is the biggest challenge facing the Regional Assembly?

3. And most importantly, boxers or briefs?
You're right, my answer is none.

1- My biggest weaknesses are my lack of experience and my paranoia about regional security. Expect conservative ideas about security and some slow decision making when it comes to interregional defence treaties, derived from those.

2- I'm a little bit concerned about the Constibillicode getting too big, so big most people don't know much about it. I guess the biggest challenge is to move into a more simple legislative frame. It won't happen overnight, though.

3- Boxers all the way.

Lenny! Glad to see you've decided to run. ^_^

People are fundamentally different in why they carry out particular actions, so I would ask you, rather simply, why you want to be delegate? Is it the refreshments? The cookies? Glorious power? Or the ability to initiate change, and further improvement?

James:
Lenny! Glad to see you've decided to run. ^_^

People are fundamentally different in why they carry out particular actions, so I would ask you, rather simply, why you want to be delegate? Is it the refreshments? The cookies? Glorious power? Or the ability to initiate change, and further improvement?
Thanks, James.

why? well, because I wanted a third term with McMasterdonia as WAD, but as it is impossible I thought I could be the most McMasterdonian candidate out there. Of course, I also dream of turning TNP in a hell of an active region, OOC and IC, with lots of fresh blood running.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Would you make the minister of cheese as an offical cabinet position?
Your potential opponets Romanoffia and Mall have answered this question, Why won't you? ARE YOU A CHEESEST? DO YOU NOT SUPPORT THE CHEESE VOTING BLOC CONSTITUENCY? Do you not want the cheese lobby's support or endorsement? Would you rather them endorse another candidate? The news agencies in LibertarianLand Want to know....

I am interested in holding a debate for the candidates for Delegate. Leekem suggested it and I thought well why not, for once I am not running for anything.

Would you be interested in participating in a debate? I won't organize a time for it until after the nomination period has officially started.

Back