Government Structure Chart proposal

I have created a simple flow diagram that shows our government system (I hope), just to let newcomers get their heads around how TNP Government is structured. If I've made any mistakes or missed anything that should be included please tell me so I can change it.

Oh this is interesting.

I don't quite understand what the lines indicate though.

The only progression of ranks is within the NPA. A citizen's rank in the NPA has no bearing on any civilian offices they may hold. E.g. the deputer minister of defense can have any NPA rank or none. The minister of defense is an exception because they temporarily hold the rank of general for the duration of being MOD, but reverts to their previous rank after their stint is completed.

I would also point as a minor error, Speaker is an elected office, not appointed.

Security Council is debatable whether it's elected or appointed.

Edit:
So the majority of all positions are appointed.

Delegate, Vice Delegate, and Speaker are definitely elected offices.
Court Justices are also elected (apart from Temporary Hearing Officers, which are appointed).
Attorney General is also an elected office.

Security Council is appointed by its own members but must have a confirmation vote by the RA as well.
Executive officers are appointed, by the delegate.
Speaker, Attorney General, and Executive Officers can appoint their own deputies.
Ambassadors are appointed by the executive officer who in charge of FA.

A very good project, as I told you via TG. As Chas says, there's some modifications to make for better accuracy.

Also, would you mind to make it a JPEG or PNG or such, so it is better displayed in the thread and everyone can see without having to download it? If you want, I could make it myself in my spare time.

I thought The Minister of Foreign Affairs appointed ambassadors and were in charge of FA?

Here are the changes I have made. And this was the only way I could make it a JPEG so it's a bit small.

Parmistine:
I thought The Minister of Foreign Affairs appointed ambassadors and were in charge of FA?
Yes you're right. Sorry I should have made it clearer, executive officers isn't a separate thing, they are the same as the ministers.

The added paragraph from me kind of looks out of place, it was probably better before :)

I kind of want to do a diagram now but don't want to stop you from doing it.

Edit: You inspired me to do one just for fun. To those who don't know TNP intimately, do you think it's plausible? To those who do know TNP intimately, how many inaccuracies can you spot?

Parm, Chas, your work is getting better and better, I think it would awesome to have a good flow chart like those in this university for anyone to see how this works.

But, when I told you about making it an image, the idea was to host it in a web (like tinypic or whatever you feel like) so you can use the tags and show them in your post. If that's fine for you.

Thanks and keep the good ideas and work coming

Parmistine:
What programme did you use to make this?
Excel. Mostly by format borders. Then pasted into mspaint to save as jpg.

Lennart:
Parm, Chas, your work is getting better and better, I think it would awesome to have a good flow chart like those in this university for anyone to see how this works.

But, when I told you about making it an image, the idea was to host it in a web (like tinypic or whatever you feel like) so you can use the tags and show them in your post. If that's fine for you.

Thanks and keep the good ideas and work coming[/quote]

[spoiler][img]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5967/ykj6.jpg[/spoiler]

I tried making a flow chart to analyze the structure of the government. I had spaghetti for dinner that night. :P

It looks like you have the AG outranking the CJ, but that's not entirely accurate - they're separate offices within the judicial branch without a clear hierarchy.

Oh, and the RA isn't exactly appointed.

SillyString:
It looks like you have the AG outranking the CJ, but that's not entirely accurate - they're separate offices within the judicial branch without a clear hierarchy.

Ok, I'll change the AG.

The RA is kind of appointed, the SC checks them over then decides whether or not to allow them into the RA.

Parmistine:
SillyString:

Ok, I'll change the AG.

The RA is kind of appointed, the SC checks them over then decides whether or not to allow them into the RA.

No you interpreted it backwards.

The green line indicated the SC is appointed by the RA. Technically the SC appoints itself, by approving applicants, and applicants are subject to a confirmation vote by the RA.

So Silly is right the RA isn't exactly appointed. The RA is made up of citizens that apply to join, hence the purple line from citizens to RA. Applicants to the RA can still be blocked, but they are less "appointed" than the SC.

Next version I will include arrowheads to make it clearer.

Deputy Ministers/AGs/Speakers don't necessarily succeed their bosses. An AG/Speaker vacancy would have to be filled by election, and the Delegate can choose whoever he wants to succeed a particular Minister.

Also it's not the SC who decides on an RA application block, it's just the Vice Delegate. I chose to consult the SC, if the situation were to arise, but it's not required of a VD.

Sanctaria:
Deputy Ministers/AGs/Speakers don't necessarily succeed their bosses. An AG/Speaker vacancy would have to be filled by election, and the Delegate can choose whoever he wants to succeed a particular Minister.

Also it's not the SC who decides on an RA application block, it's just the Vice Delegate. I chose to consult the SC, if the situation were to arise, but it's not required of a VD.
Spaghetti. :P

Back