Request to recall Abbey.

I am asking that Chief Justice Abbey be recalled for have a significant part of the decision of the court that was not even based in law. It is not okay to allow the Court to make up things and give judgments based on things that do not exist. I hereby formally request that an RA member move for a recall.

Ridiculous.

Do you even see the impression this gives off? "Make a decision I agree with or I'll recall you."

I'm quite frankly ashamed of a number of this region at the moment.

Funkadelia:
I am asking that Chief Justice Abbey be recalled for have a significant part of the decision of the court that was not even based in law. It is not okay to allow the Court to make up things and give judgments based on things that do not exist. I hereby formally request that an RA member move for a recall.
37046468.jpg

Funk, since you are now a member of the RA (pending masking) you'll be able to make a motion yourself soon, in the RA forum. For simplicity's sake, consider withdrawing this request and making a motion there, when you're masked?

Abstain (Edit: And Scarpanto), no motion is on the table for you to second. Funk has requested a motion, not made a motion himself.

From the Bill of Rights:

5. All Nations of The North Pacific have the right to be protected against the abuse of powers by any official of a government authority of the region. Any Nation of The North Pacific has the right to request the recall of any official of a government authority of the region in accordance with the Constitution, that is deemed to have participated in such acts.

That is the same clause which was used to start a vote to recall Pasargad from the SC, in a vote started by you back in January.

Of course you need to prove that it's an example of the Abbey abusing her power and not just doing her job.

Abstain:
From the Bill of Rights:

5. All Nations of The North Pacific have the right to be protected against the abuse of powers by any official of a government authority of the region. Any Nation of The North Pacific has the right to request the recall of any official of a government authority of the region in accordance with the Constitution, that is deemed to have participated in such acts.

That is the same clause which was used to start a vote to recall Pasargad from the SC, in a vote started by you back in January.
Are you trying to argue my policy when it's already been decided? Citizens have the power to request recalls. RA members have the power to move and second them.

EDIT: And the motion you are referring to was made under my predecessor's term as speaker. It would have been improper for me to change procedures on them mid-stream.

"This means that the Election Commissioners' decision not to include Romanoffia on the ballot for the Vice Delegate election was legal, and those elections should continue as planned."

I think this quote from the decision thread speaks volumes about the incompetency and negligence of the court. My recall motion is justified.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Funk, since you are now a member of the RA (pending masking) you'll be able to make a motion yourself soon, in the RA forum. For simplicity's sake, consider withdrawing this request and making a motion there, when you're masked?
Fine. I move for a recall of the Chief Justice, and remove her from the bench as a Justice. Please split this post from the thread then move it to the correct subforum.

I don't think Funk intended to recall Abbey from the position of chief justice. I think he meant to recall "the Chief Justice [Abbey]" from her position as justice, which the RA can most certainly do.

As soon as you're masked, Funk, I'll move this thread to the main forum.

madjack:
Of course you need to prove that it's an example of the Abbey abusing her power and not just doing her job.
Actually, you are quite wrong about that. The Regional Assembly can recall a government official for any reason, or no reason at all. Nothing needs to be proven, nothing needs to have been done.

I would have to prove it if I were to bring her under charges for Conspiracy to commit election fraud, which I am not. I have nothing to prove and I believe she has proven it herself and the TNPCLU has highlighted it clearly.

flemingovia:
madjack:
Actually, you are quite wrong about that. The Regional Assembly can recall a government official for any reason, or no reason at all. Nothing needs to be proven, nothing needs to have been done.
The RA can recall Abbey from her role as a Justice. It can do nothing directly about her role as Chief Justice. Obviously if she is recalled then she clearly can't be Chief Justice, but it is important to get our facts straight.

I think Flem was referring to your claim that Abbey's abuse of power needed to be proven in order for her to be recalled, not to your claim that the RA could not recall the Chief Justice.

Well yes I suppose the RA could do that.

I'd hope they wouldn't stoop to such pettiness but then again we've got a situation where RA members are currently trying to intimidate the court, so who knows really?

Waaaaa, the people in the RA are doing things I don't like! This democracy thing is getting so unappealing, I never realized I'd have to deal with other people!

I'm pretty sure Newmist moved to recall Pasargad when he was only a citizen at the time.

If this has already been realised then meh. I'm tired.

Funkadelia:
I find it funny that people scoff at these recalls. Apparently it is permissible for government officials to mismanage their office in such a manner without consequence. Brilliant.

Not about Abbey but I find it funny that Funk is complaining about people mismanaging their office, considering when he was Assistant AG he wasn't exactly... well, competent.

The reasons why many of these recall motions fail is due to people rushing into them. I would venture to guess that most RA members don't want to recall an officer unless there is a serious transgression.

I thought when I recalled Grosse, it surely could not fail...but it did and then a few weeks later he resigned. It seems that a recall motion can be a prelude to a resignation or an election ouster.

But I think recall motions are sometimes ahead of the RA curve...

Back