Motion to recall LordRavenclaw

From IRC tonight:

LordRavenclawI'm washing my hands of this. How people can stay in this region for years is truly beyond me. If I want NS stress to transcend to RL stress I'll go and start a fight with another GCR.

'Nuff said.

I fail to understand your motivations on this, nor your desired end.

Lord Ravenclaw:
I fail to understand your motivations on this, nor your desired end.
The desired end is to remove justices who make clearly bad decisions and ensure that the Constitution and Laws are abided by.

That is the point.

And besides, recalling an official is a legitimate tactic afforded the People under the Constitution and Legal Code.

This is a legitimate action.

How very generous of you for being so mild. I was expected a motion to have me hung from a tree.

Since the Election Commission has reversed the decision that prompted this recall, would you like to withdraw your motion? (Hope springs eternal.)

Lord Ravenclaw:
How very generous of you for being so mild. I was expected a motion to have me hung from a tree.
How...how... touching!

And what a failed attempt at marginalizing the issue.

[Warning! Sarcastic and nebulous comment approaching in response to an attempt to marginalize me, as usual]

I have a vision of a tree but it has nothing to do with hugging it. :fish:

I'm terribly sorry, but I went under the belief that to have someone H-U-N-G from a tree was different to H-U-G a tree.

The former is relating to a Witch-hunt, the second is relating to simply being a tad too close to nature.

Lord Ravenclaw:
I'm terribly sorry, but I went under the belief that to have someone H-U-N-G from a tree was different to H-U-G a tree.

The former is relating to a Witch-hunt, the second is relating to simply being a tad too close to nature.
Actually, 'hung' in your reference would be grammatically correct. The correct grammatic term for your assumed reference would he "Hang" and "Hanged".

That's a little pet-peeve of mine, the use of the word 'hang' for 'hung'. Please not that point should you initiate such a reference. :fish:

37864366.jpg

Don't worry Lord Ravenclaw. You aren't a true blue TNPer until someone has tried to recall you.

It's nice to have you here and I guarantee this will not pass.

I find it funny that people scoff at these recalls. Apparently it is permissible for government officials to mismanage their office in such a manner without consequence. Brilliant.

Funkadelia:
I find it funny that people scoff at these recalls. Apparently it is permissible for government officials to mismanage their office in such a manner without consequence. Brilliant.
None of these recalls is going to pass. If someone could show that any official acted with deliberate maliciousness that would be a different story. Otherwise, I'm just not seeing it.

Furthermore, it is a misuse of the recall mechanism. The threat of a recall can serve as a good kick in the pants, but the commission has already taken steps to make things right. Is there some other demand the recall proponents have in mind? Some action they could take to call off the dogs? Or is this just a case of getting on your moral high-horse because someone made a mistake?

If the recallers (is that a word?) were serious about having the EC members removed from office, they would do better to build grassroots support within the RA. Failing that, it is just a big waste of time because it serves no objective.

You know, I offered an alternative to a recall. I think it might've been more appropriate in this situation. If you aren't happy with a government official, you petition them. Perhaps we should consider using those before galloping towards recall.

Funkadelia:
It was for nonfeasance. And the action still happened. Yes, it was fixed, and that is why I retracted the criminal charges.
My point is that there is no strategic objective in this action.

Back