Iro for Speaker

Iro

TNPer
Iro for Speaker of the R.A.
Insightful. Responsible. OPEN TO ANYTHING.

Hey there. I'm Iro and I'm running for Speaker of the RA.

Hopefully, you might remember me from a few months ago, when I waged an (in my eyes) extremely successful campaign for Speaker, receiving just two votes less than COE, who took the stage. Now, however, COE's had an opportunity to show his stuff, which means two things in my eyes.
  • He'll be much harder to defeat, because good incumbents always are.
  • He's had an in-region experience to show us that he's very good at the position of Speaker.
That said, I've made it clear several times that I was happy with Mr. OE's election (how do you glean a last name from something like COE? Now people'll think I'm talking about Oriole). But I'm not running for the competition- it's because I still want the job, and I still think I'd be adept.

The reform policies I promised last term are not as coherent, because COE's done a great job of addressing the problems we faced last election. But I can promise you that I'll still move the RA along and I'll still be as open as possible in order to make the RA a great place for those just coming in as well as those heavyweights who still want to make sure that their regional legislature is in check. I think with me, it still will be.

A lot's clear and possible for this next term, and I won't promise as much right now because I don't want to set limits on what can happen. I think that's a good motto for how I want to set up my stances in this election and this term: open to anything. I will continue to be vocal about the issues of WA security and legislative processing, but I want to take what happens as it happens and keep my, and the region's, options and prospects open.

This term, I'll be open to the region, and I'll be open to anything. I hope that the voters will take that into account, and I'm now open to questions.

Can you write me an overview of a single reform you'll make, in Haiku form please?
You're my new favorite everything :D

when thinking UN,
our current system is flawed.
move to a new one.

EDIT: "UN" is substituted for WA because I refuse to follow standard English.
Explain to me why we must be wary of vote pilers?
Perhaps 'legislative processing' was a bad choice of words, if that's what you're referring to :P I simply meant we need to get bills on the road in a more organized and efficient manner.

Iro:
when thinking WA
I don't mean to "go negative" this early in the campaign, but no matter how you pronounce that last word (e.g "wah" or "double-you-ay") it doesn't come out right. 1 letter != 1 syllable.

Just sayin'... :P

Everyone knows that the letter "W" has one syllable in it, COE. Get with the times. :P

EDIT: I think I should make this clear. Acceptable requests for poetry are:
  • Haiku
  • Sonnet
  • Limerick
  • Acrostic
  • Couplet
  • Ballad
  • Rap/Free Verse
All others will not be acknowledged, unless I'm bored.

I'd like a rap about the benefits of coups
Crap.

Now, let's talk about the benefit of something quite bad.
Let's talk about the benefit of coups.
Sometimes in revolution, the overthrowers win.
But sometimes, they're bound to lose.

I tell you folks, you got to distinguish.
Between two types of coup-couping folks.
One of these types just wants power and fame.
But the other might not be such a hoax.

You see, TNP, coups can be good,
if they're classified in another name.
Some coupers have a better intent in mind.
And they really want to change the game.

You know, government's aren't always gonna be good.
And if they're not, then they tend to oppress.
So when the people rise up in what you might call a coup,
it's a mark of democracy's success.

So folks, don't coup if you just want power,
or if you want to be man of the hour.
But if you speak for the people, speak for the men,
Then a coup can help a region get together again.

WHAM!
I take no accountability for the contents of that rap, but you did ask.

Monsieur Eluvatar, I am happy to proclaim that the Volga (know to the Russians as ??????) River is the longest in length in Europe. After my use of Wikipedia, I advise that you consult the World Book Encyclopedia, which I find a mark less intelligent but mostly more reliable.

Woohoo. Okay, now I'm shaking in my boots at the prospect of getting this wrong.

As a Regional Assembly member, you may absolutely motion to remove COE from office, as the Constitution grants the RA the absolute power to do so.

"3. The Regional Assembly may remove a government official from office by a two-thirds majority vote."

Unfortunately, it's fairly accepted that Ministers serve at the pleasure of the Delegate. But if he can remove a Minister, the RA can too under that same clause, so both scenarios are possible.

HOWEVER: removing McM as MoFA would be completely and utterly impossible if the "govt" tab on the top of the forums were accurate, which states that you yourself, Elu, are the MoFA... not sure what to say about this.

37659044.jpg

Funkadelia:
On behalf of the The North Pacific Civil Liberties Union, I endorse you as the best candidate for Speaker of the Regional Assembly to advance civil liberties in the region.

Is there... a reason for this endorsement?

Yes. Iro is by far the best candidate as far as allowing the RA members to do as they wish within the legal limits of the RA. The TNPCLU does not stand for made up laws unless absolutely required to deal with cases that may appear that have no definition or solution defined in the Constitution or Legal Code. We believe Iro is the only credible candidate who will follow through on his campaign promise to further the liberties of North Pacificans.

Back