Almaniania for the Council of Six

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Everybody! I hope everyone's having a great day thus far!

My name is Almaniania and I am running for the Council of Six. I have been a member of NationStates for almost three years and have participated in a number of International Incidents, F7, and Portal to the Multiverse threads. I've been a member of the Regional Assembly and TNP for around a month now and I've enjoyed my time here. Over the month, I've involved myself in a number of debates on different bills to the Regional Assembly, began a discussion between representative governments about a possible defense alliance, and participated in the creation of the Unity Party, a fresh new face that seeks to bring together different sides in the region.

Now I have been nominated to be a candidate for the Council of Six and I am greatly appreciative of this nomination. I would love to become more involved in TNP as a member of the Cabinet, and I believe I would make a great Minister of Culture and Entertainment due to my past experience with Role Playing and Out Of Character Games. I believe in making our Port Thel Role Play and Out of Character Subforums more active and encouraging new members to participate in the creation of new Role Playing Threads as well.

If elected, I will help to continue and expand transparency and the integrity of the Regional Government and work with my fellow Council members to achieve such goals. I will also work to keep you, the voter, informed of different threads that are springing up so that you can play an active part in shaping the North Pacific we live in. Finally, I will continue to help shape a friendly environment for new and old members alike in terms of Role Play and the Regional Government.

So come this Council Election, vote for Almaniania. And remember: Al's Your Pal!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Welsh Cowboy:
How would you accomplish your goals?
Great question, and thank you for it!

In terms of transparency and integrity, I will provide updates on behalf of the Ministry of Culture and Entertainment about developments and changes to the different Role Playing threads and OOC threads ongoing. I would also work with other members of the Council to produce joint statements and cooperate with them to release information that is important to the North Pacific and could have any form of an effect on its members.

In terms of updating people on different threads and Role Plays, there are a few ideas that I have considered. One of those is a weekly Private Message or thread giving a short summary of the hot topics of the different threads and how they have developed recently. Another idea would be to work with the Ministry of Communications and produce a news article each week of the major topics that are ongoing.

I believe that if we take these steps, we will encourage new members to take part in the regional forums and old members to rediscover their love for these subforums.

I hope that answers your question. :)

First things first - why will your experience as a roleplayer help you in -general- within your role, and would you feel confident in a post other than Culture/Entertainment? Do you feel that your relative inexperience within the region will benefit or disadvantage you (or a combination of) and why?

Finally (for now): Why shouldn't I vote for you? Everyone has weaknesses, so what are yours?

Abbey Anumia:
First things first - why will your experience as a roleplayer help you in -general- within your role, and would you feel confident in a post other than Culture/Entertainment? Do you feel that your relative inexperience within the region will benefit or disadvantage you (or a combination of) and why?

Finally (for now): Why shouldn't I vote for you? Everyone has weaknesses, so what are yours?
Thank you very much for these questions Abbey! I know that people have certain questions that I may not have answered clearly, and by asking them, I can better explain to people who I am!

In response to your first question, I have involved myself in Role Playing in a variety of different scenarios that range across a number of different forums. I have been involved in Role Playing in Conferences with different nations, alliances and negotiations of mutual defense pacts, a few different war and crisis scenarios, and finally Character Role Playing. In regard to these Character Experiences, I have been involved with a few Academy Experiences and a number of Experiences regarding Magic. I have also involved myself in Out Of Character games and discussions on matters concerning the Real World that we live in. As Minister of Culture and Entertainment, I would work to help newer players with grammar and their role playing skills using the knowledge that I have gained over the past three years. I would push for good etiquette and grammar as much as possible and do so by:
1. Creating FAQs and expanding upon the current ones to help new players;
2. Summarize parts that may be considered too long or too complex in these FAQs;
3. Work to possibly create a "Roleplay Mentor System" similar to the one in NationStates.

I am sure that others have had their fair share of Role Playing and if I was unable to be the Minister of Culture and Entertainment, I would also be comfortable in the role of Minister of Communications. This role would also fit me because I have had experiences writing articles for a few forums and keeping on task with the story. I also work to minimize my bias in my writing as much as possible. If I were to be the Minister of Communications, I would set the following as my agenda:
1. Cooperation with the Ministry of Culture and Entertainment to create a weekly report of the trending Role Playing threads and updates on them;
2. Reduce bias in the media as much as possible and work to continue the trend of a lack of slander and libel in TNP Wire;
3. Call upon any members that wish to write articles and give them the chance to do so (within the expectations of good grammar and a lack of extreme bias);
4. Connect to the newer members by promoting activities in the TNP Wire and the TNP Wire itself.

It is obvious that I have a lack of experience with the North Pacific and I am sure that many are concerned with the lack of my experience. I will admit it can be a disadvantage when matters of past issues and history come up and I am unable to follow along without asking for some assistance. I will also admit that it can be a source of frustration when attempting to follow along with matters that have began in the past (such as court proceedings) and are continuing at this present moment. This can be a possible issue if I am elected on the Council of Six because it will require me to request assistance on matters that have history and will require a bit of extra time to gather the necessary information and back story. However, I believe it can also be a positive as well. My inexperience within requires me to go through and look over past Role Playing Threads and information that has taken place. Some of the concepts may have been great to some of these Role Plays, but the delivery may have not gone as smoothly as previously hoped. Looking over these Role Playing Threads and past information could present new ideas that, with the proper formatting, could become center to a new Role Playing Thread or series of Role Playing Threads.

A lack of experience could generally be considered one of my strongest weaknesses. It will take a bit of time for me to become fully accustomed and aware of the past Role Playing Threads and information that has taken place. Due to my inexperience, I have not made my acquaintance with everyone or a super majority of the people in this region, and as a result, I have somewhat less knowledge about the Role Playing styles and personalities of different people than some of the members that have been here longer. I hope that if elected, I will be able to solve this by talking with other people and asking them what they expect and hope I accomplish. I also have a habit of formatting my responses and statements repeatedly, so sometimes it takes me some time to respond to a post or a question. There are times when I do respond that it can be too detailed and can be somewhat confusing. There have been a few cases in my posts or responses where a presentation of a possible concept or idea goes awry and doesn't go as I expect it to. As a result, I am beginning to summarize some of my responses and attempt to simplify the post to get my idea or concept across with much more clarity. Finally, there are times when I have been that I take Role Playing and some topics a bit too seriously. I have tried to relax myself when it comes to Real Life topics, but in Role Playing, I like to make my responses to the best of my ability and add substance to my posts.

In Summary/TL;DR:
1. I have participated in a variety of Role Playing and have learned a number of different styles of Role Playing;
2. If I become Minister of Culture of Entertainment, I will cooperate with the rest of the regional government to improve upon the FAQs, have a "Weekly Update" message, and create a Mentor system for newer members;
3. If I can not be Minister of Culture and Entertainment, I would do well as Minister of Communications and would seek to continue and expand upon the lack of slander and participation from regional members in the TNP Wire;
4. My inexperience with the region is a source of weakness, but by researching the past could bring up past concepts and ideas that can be used in the future;
5. My strongest weaknesses are in the form of my inexperience, a bad habit of my responses being either too lengthy or too complex to make sense of at times, and taking certain topics a bit too seriously for some people;
6. I can overcome these challenges by continuing my efforts to improve my skills of summary, by researching the history of the North Pacific, and by relaxing when discussing Real Life topics by taking every post with a grain of salt.

I hope that I have answered your questions Abbey. Let me know if you have any other question. :)

DRUK: Thank you very much! I hope that I do become a member of the Council of Six, and I hope to make a positive impact on the North Pacific. :)

Back