Official opinion poll on the Admin Team

As I accidentally forgot to add the admins to the last opinion poll I am hereby opening an official opinion poll on the Admin team. Voting shall run until the 9th of November.

I'm not sure a poll on individuals is a very constructive idea here. It should be the "admin team". BTW we already have more than two admins... I think GBM is one and Ator is too (though he is inactive).

Haor Chall:
I'm not sure a poll on individuals is a very constructive idea here. It should be the "admin team". BTW we already have more than two admins... I think GBM is one and Ator is too (though he is inactive).
:agree:

Flemingovia requested a poll himself, and as for more than two admins - GBM and Ator People do not act as admins, they only have the masking.

I simply thought that it would be useful to get some feedback on how satisfied people are with the administration of this forum. I work in an environment where appraisal is regular and honest, and i value it.

There are four members of the admin team, and each of us operates differently. GBM is valued for her wisdom and common sense, but she does not do much actual administration. Ator People has been pretty near absent for months now, and can probably be discounted. Grosse and I do the majority of the routine work. Because of this, lumping the admins together and saying "how satisfied with the admin team are you" would not be useful.

Personally, I rated my performance as "average". I feel constrained in what i am able to do without authorization and (more importantly) there are coding skills that I lack which would enable me to do a better job.

What is already clear is the call for an expansion of the active admin team - something I have been calling for for nearly two months now.

Whew, when I saw this topic I thought I was going to have to give myself a "terrible" mark. Admin is not my strong suit, and I haven't been quick to come down the learning curve. This is a big forum, and there is too much work for the two VERY BUSY admins who do everything. I think they are both conscientious and hard-working. But they could definitely use another hand.

Honestly I think we can do with one more admin member, especially with Elu being AWOL and some other recent developments.

punk d:
Well if another admin is needed is it of the moderator mold or someone with coding skillz?
I'd say we just need someone who can actively do basic stuff like mask, demask, give forum permissions, move forums. That kind of stuff.

So far 14 people believe that Gross is doing a "TERRIBLE!" job and 17 people believe that Flem is doing a "Very good" job.

I motion for a vote to make Flem the new holder of the Root Admin account.

There is no legal authority to hold that vote. Forum administration is not under the Regional assembly or the laws of the government.

Back