Vice Delegate: SC Voting Rights

Tim

TNPer
I would like to request for a Court Ruling on if Vice Delegate is granted a Security Council Vote, as he/she Chairs the Security Council and would thus be a member.

From the Constitution:
6. The Vice Delegate will chair the Security Council and enforce the continued eligibility of its members as determined by law.

No where in TNP Law does it state that Vice Delegate is not an SC Member.

I believe that as Chair of The Security Council, that makes me a member and thus entitled to vote on Security Council Issues.

Could the Court Rule on This?

edit: fixed some spelling

Over the next 48 hours the Court will accept briefs on this matter. All posts found to be irrelevant will be removed.

Ruling of the Court of the North Pacific
In regards to the Judicial Inquiry filed by Tim on the Vice Delegate's Voting Rights within the Security Council

The Court took into consideration the Inquiry filed here by Tim.

The Court took into consideration the Relevant section of the Constitution of the North Pacific:

6. The Vice Delegate will chair the Security Council and enforce the continued eligibility of its members as determined by law.

The Court opines the following:

The only mention of the Vice Delegate in regards to the Security Council as the quoted section of the Constitution above. This section of the Constitution does not stipulate the Vice Delegate does not have voting powers in the Security Council. This establishes the Vice Delegate will serve as the Chair of the Security Council. The Court has no choice but to assume the drafters of the Constitution intended for the Vice Delegate to have voting powers within the Security Council body.

Back