Moderation Review?

Georgiana

TNPer
Durk insists that we need a new forum.Why? Our root administrator, Grosseschnauzer. I have a little evidence to show proof to what I said.

Durkadurkiranistan: ''Grosse is trying to sink the Durk/Tim 2012 campaign''
Durkadurkiranistan: ''which is why we need to move forums''

Obviously, if they move the forums, Grosses will not be the root.

We can say he had a little support of 2 others;

Fig: ''could have flemgod as root admin!''
Fig: ''Grosse is convinced that everybody is picking on Gov for no reason''

Tim: ''THEN WHY DO WE NOT JUST OWN OUR OWN!''

Tim is a newbie. He has only been here for like 8 or 9 days. He does not even know anything about Grosses but whatever is said in IRC about Grosses he believes.

This discussion started on the topic of Tyler and Govindia, they got off of Tyler's case and started on Govindia. They wanted Gov banned from the forum but Grosees stands in their way.

People seriously need to grow up and stop acting childish. I have not done anything wrong to warrant banning from this region. Deal with it and have some respect please.

I've done a few things but not enough for this uproar, in fact I'm actually a copy cat repeating what a select few people say...... people didnt say anything then I think people need to awaken and stop trying either to get me banned, or in some other trouble, Milo and Finn got me to crack already, not gonna happen again. If your so sure I'm acting stupid or childish, you should see what some other people say. Also, if you want to tell me how stupid and Reckless and careless I act to everyone else, PM me, this is your first and Last chance. PM me, you wont get in any kinda trouble, none at all. So Pm me guys, But you have to tell me what I'm doing wrong, and how to help me XD Failure to do this can mean very bad trouble.

Obviously, if they move the forums, Grosses will not be the root.

No. This is not obvious.

THis thread is going to go nowhere but become a bonfire.

Locked.

If you can come up with really really good reasons why this thread should be reopened, PM me.

Circumvent this closure by opening another thread and you will be moderated with extra mayo.

Hmmmm. I think I may have been a bit hasty closing the thread. According to Prince Windsor it was opened at Grosseschnauzer's suggestion.

The decision to close it, therefore, ought to be his.

Govindia:
have some respect please.
I love this. Absolutely love it. Every time I've encountered you you've banged on about people not showing enough respect for you. About people needing to 'grow up'.

Yet you frequently fail to show respect for anyone who dares to disagree with you. I could quote dozens of posts from Balder and Osiris, others could probably post numerous others from numerous other regions, but I won't. Instead I'll quote just one post that sums you up quite nicely, as a hypocrite.
Govindia:
Earth:
Just because I like facts, Biyah hasn't really been active in Equilism in years. Or so he said. Not that he's so much a troublemaker, but I'm pretty biased there. ;)

Equilism has been helping TNP lately militarily in more than one instance, and has been a strong ally. The opposition seems to be stuck in a past that many TNPers or Equilism(ers? ites?) people weren't even around for, and ignoring the strong relationship that Equilism has offered through actions lately.
If you say so dearie ;)
Where was the respect there? I see none.

What I see is condescension, belittlement and a lack of respect.

Now I have only been here for a very short amount of time, and you have been here much longer, so I have no right barging in here and demanding you be banned. Which is why I'm not doing that. TNP seems to be a region of second, third, fourth and 26th chances, so I'll give you another one Gov. I'll 'grow up and show some respect'. I'll ask you to do the same.

As to the wider issue of Gross's root adminship, I see no reason to move forums, nor do I see a reason for people to call for a forum move, aside from general trouble making, which isn't surprising considering who the calls are originating from.

I'd like to mention that Windy can take stuff way too seriously. We were mostly joking about a new forum, because that's what sleep-deprived NSers do.

So we're not actually suggesting Forum Switch (except for maybe Durk)

Blue Wolf II:
I do think someone other than just Mutley should have access to the Root Admin account, however.

107866pinmutley_01g.jpg

That would be scary...

Oh, it is scary. I believe Hersfold once gave Flem access to the account before Rin Tin Tin claimed it as his own. I see no reason why he should have access once again.

Hersfold is the actual owner of the account, and he does have access.

If he ever needs to be contact, the information is available to all admin in the ACP.

Flem quit the region, removed himself as an admin, said he was retiring completely from TNP and did not communicate about the matter of the root account with anyone. It's a bad idea, with this region's history, not to have someone here.

Hersfold made the decision to give me the root account access with a new password.

As to starting the thread, I felt that sending me a PM wasn't what Windsor was really needing to do; it made more sense to make sure the sources of this whatever-it-is was clearly public for future reference.

It does seem to me, though, it is getting close to wearing out its welcome, so it'll likely be locked soon so as to prevent the deterioration into a spamming war that some who have already posted in this thread tend to do with just about everything. And Flem, Ator, GBM, DD, and Hileville are free to lock it sooner if they think it wise.

So you're completely against the idea of granting another admin, who has already been granted access in the past to the root admin account by Hersfold himself, access?

I say make me Root Admin, I'll hand it off to BW and in 24 hours this forum will be flooded with people who do machine embroidery with little pictures of wolves piddling on schnauzers.

And what is the point of all this? :facepalm:

Tim:
I'd like to mention that Windy can take stuff way too seriously. We were mostly joking about a new forum, because that's what sleep-deprived NSers do.

So we're not actually suggesting Forum Switch (except for maybe Durk)
I know right? Plus, if you're gonna release logs, cherry-picking individual statements out of order is not a credible way to do it. :duh:

For the record: I was quoted as "Fig", though my nick was, in fact, "Figs". My second quote was an explanation to Tim as to why, in many people's understanding, Govindia is not banned from TNP, and my first (which came later) was part of a broader pattern of supporting Flemingovianism. I think it is bad form to release logs of others without permission, so here is only what I, myself, said, both then and on previous occasions:

[10:27] <@Figs> yeah
[10:28] <@Figs> could have flemgod as root admin!
[10:28] <@Figs> could institute the flemstitution!
[10:31] <@Figs> definitely flem
[10:31] <@Figs> Elu is too...
[10:31] <@Figs> oligarchical.
[10:31] <@Figs> <3

[23:00] <@Asta> Flemgod best god
[23:00] <@Asta> down with elu
[23:00] <@Asta> up with flemgod

[18:30] <@Asta> Can you recall everyone?
[18:30] <@Asta> Recall them all, insitute the flemstitution, done.
[18:30] <@Asta> khalas.
[18:30] <@Asta> Finished.

[12:46] <+Detective_Figs> it's not really my place to suggest changes to TNP's government.
[12:47] <+Detective_Figs> ....except to encourage the flemstitution

[23:01] <@Asta> Flemgod best god
[23:01] <@Asta> most benevolent god
[23:01] <@Asta> most simplest constitution god

So yes. As Tim said, we were merely being ridiculous, and as anybody who commonly spends time in that channel would know, it is quite routine to "plot" the downfall of anyone and everyone. I would like to think nobody is actually stupid enough to plan a coup of TNP or its forums in TNP's own IRC. :eyebrow:

I have a request to lock this thread since its OP author feels its served its purpose to alert all admin about the matter.
So it's is being locked by request, if you have a real reason to want it re-open, PM me and explain why.

Back