Formal Proposal: Recall of KiwiTaicho

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Pursuant to Article II, Section 3, Clause 3 of the Constitution of The North Pacific:

3. The Assembly may remove any holder of any elected or appointed office or position by a motion of recall approved by a two-thirds supermajority of the Regional Assembly.

I propose the recall of KiwiTaicho, and his removal from the executive office and his position as Minister of Communications.

KiwiTaicho has failed to live up to the high standards expected of elected officials in TNP in that he has launched a personal attack on a fellow Council of five member.. In this attack he used intemperate language unbecoming of an elected official, accusing Romanoffia of deceit, lying and disgusting behaviour. He chose to do this in a semi-public thread rather than pressing charges or calling for the recall of Romanoffia since, by his own admission, his case is not strong enough to do so:

spoke to Grosse about pursuing Fraud charges (against Romanoffia) and he was of the impression that this style of politics meant that such a charge was unlikely to be successful. A sentiment that I shared.

Kiwitaicho’s conduct has elicited a condemnatory statement from Novare Res, Romanoffia’s nation. Kiwi’s conduct has clearly caused a breakdown in cabinet cooperation and good relations.

Given the recent course of debates in TNP, I think it is high time that the Regional Assembly took a strong stand against a recent upsurge the in use of smear tactics against political opponents, and using the court of public opinion to attempt to destroy an opponent when a legal case is not strong enough. The recall of KiwiTaicho, as well as being justified by his actions, will send out a clear message from the Regional Assembly that such tactics will not be tolerated in the future.

The second link you posted is inaccessible:

Error:
You do not have permission to access this topic.
Error Code: 4:2142228

I don't favor this. While I don't agree with Kiwi's expose on Romanoffia, I don't believe he has acted in such a way that merits a recall.

He saw something that he deemed wrong and told the RA about it. Perhaps he could have done it in a different manner, but I'm glad he did and believe he would do so again should similar information come about.

I don't have similar trust levels for some of our other government officials and hope that my fellow RA members would not support this motion.

Govindia:

Error:

That forum is a Council of Five forum and therefore you don't have access.

flemingovia:
Pursuant to Article II, Section 3, Clause 3 of the Constitution of The North Pacific:

3. The Assembly may remove any holder of any elected or appointed office or position by a motion of recall approved by a two-thirds supermajority of the Regional Assembly.

I propose the recall of KiwiTaicho, and his removal from the executive office and his position as Minister of Communications.

KiwiTaicho has failed to live up to the high standards expected of elected officials in TNP in that he has launched a personal attack on a fellow Council of five member.. In this attack he used intemperate language unbecoming of an elected official, accusing Romanoffia of deceit, lying and disgusting behaviour. He chose to do this in a semi-public thread rather than pressing charges or calling for the recall of Romanoffia since, by his own admission, his case is not strong enough to do so:

spoke to Grosse about pursuing Fraud charges (against Romanoffia) and he was of the impression that this style of politics meant that such a charge was unlikely to be successful. A sentiment that I shared.

Kiwitaicho’s conduct has elicited a condemnatory statement from Novare Res, Romanoffia’s nation. Kiwi’s conduct has clearly caused a breakdown in cabinet cooperation and good relations.

Given the recent course of debates in TNP, I think it is high time that the Regional Assembly took a strong stand against a recent upsurge the in use of smear tactics against political opponents, and using the court of public opinion to attempt to destroy an opponent when a legal case is not strong enough. The recall of KiwiTaicho, as well as being justified by his actions, will send out a clear message from the Regional Assembly that such tactics will not be tolerated in the future.
As a member of the Council of Five - I request the immediate removal of a link to a private and confidential area of the forum that as an administrator you should not be looking at.

If you plan to release confidential and classified information to the regional assembly from within the Council of Five - please also release Roman's comments in respect of my original request for him to apologize for his conduct and his rather.... unsatisfactory response. I have personally asked the delegate on this previously and I cannot quote him in this area of the forum for this reason.

That said - while I don't support this motion, the regional assembly is free to recall me if they think I have acted inappropriately. As a cabinet minister I have done all that I promised and that is to uphold the will of the regional assembly.

Please also note that "libel" and "slander" refer to false statements, the statement that Roman lied to the RA is, in fact, truthful which is the ultimate defence to any claim in defamation law.

Considering Roman's nasty response, I expect you to recall him as well. As his was far more personal. Ironically he has slandered me in claiming I am a raider (I have never committed one raid) and in suggesting I have slandered him.

:agree:

I would also like to point out if we're going to start issuing Motions to Recall C05 Members, we might as well do one on Unibot too for the same reason, though his was nothing more than smear-sheet against a RA member due to personal reasons that possibly influenced election results.

As a member of the Council of Five - I request the immediate removal of a link to a private and confidential area of the forum that as an administrator you should not be looking at.

If people cannot access the area, the link is no use to them. There is no point in getting sanctimonious about it.

Whilst I agree that Kiwi has not conducted themselves in the best manner on this matter, I do not consider it to be worthy of a recall, especially not for the reasons put forth by Flemingovia here.

Considering the transcript of the Co5 meeting that has been published, I have far graver concerns over the conduct of other members of the Co5. I intend to wait for the full, unedited, transcript before considering whether to bring recall motions against those other members of the Council.

Additionally, I'd note that Romanoffia has responded in a "tit for tat" manner which is just as deplorable as the original discussion which has prompted this recall motion. For ex., here.

Can I suggest to Flemingovia that either he consider a recall motion for both Councillors, who have both failed to live up to the standards one would expect - or as an alternative, perhaps more suited to the situation, that a motion is put to the RA to censure both Kiwi and Roman for their conduct.

Obviously a Motion to Censure has no legal force, but as a public rebuke from the Assembly, it would be a demonstration of the RA's disapproval of the actions taken by these Councillors and it would be something on their records to consider in future elections.

Flemingovia please do not spam the thread with numerous replies.

If people cannot access the area, the link is no use to them. There is no point in getting sanctimonious about it.
That's not the point! You shouldn't be reading in that area or posting content from it.

I did not use the words libel and slander. I accuse you of "smear" abd "intemperate language" . It is different.

No... but the material you reference does which by extension brings liability to you.

Whilst I agree that Kiwi has not conducted themselves in the best manner on this matter, I do not consider it to be worthy of a recall, especially not for the reasons put forth by Flemingovia here.

Considering the transcript of the Co5 meeting that has been published, I have far graver concerns over the conduct of other members of the Co5. I intend to wait for the full, unedited, transcript before considering whether to bring recall motions against those other members of the Council.

The closed session has no relevant information in this matter but please feel free to pursue such action if you see fit.

No... but the material you reference does which by extension brings liability to you.

Sorry? I am liable for what, exactly?
I look forward to the bringing of charges. I do so love my day in court.

flemingovia:

Liability in the intrinsic/general sense obviously. But you knew that.

KiwiTaicho:
flemingovia:

I am not sure what "intrinsically liable" means?

But when you start using the word "liability" people tend to think in terms of "guilt". Unless you are prepared to back statements like that up you really ought not to use them, because it just looks like more mudslinging and smear.

But you knew that.

flemingovia:
KiwiTaicho:
flemingovia:

I am not sure what "intrinsically liable" means?

But when you start using the word "liability" people tend to think in terms of "guilt". Unless you are prepared to back statements like that up you really ought not to use them, because it just looks like more mudslinging and smear.

But you knew that.
Please don't have a go at me because you don't understand the English language.

Liability means the state of being responsible for something. It is not explicitly linked to any legal connotation.

I have placed a word next to it "/general" which would be more understandable to you. In the GENERAL sense of liability.

As in you cannot dismiss not having said the words if you are going to use them as part of the evidence for a recall. So as a result you are in effect, responsible and accountable for what you post.

I do not believe a recall is in order for any of the parties involved. I do believe it is up to the delegate to determine whether or not the cabinet can function effectively with its current composition.

I do not think so. We know some of them better now. Depends if the election is opened up to lots of people who do not read what is on these forums.

If its open up to the entire region, it certainly could be, as most of them do not read the forums. Unless everyone opts for a negative campaign style which engulfs the region in bitching and drama even more, the results would be based on ballot placement, the blurbs and the campaign posts.

mcmasterdonia:
If its open up to the entire region, it certainly could be, as most of them do not read the forums. Unless everyone opts for a negative campaign style which engulfs the region in bitching and drama even more, the results would be based on ballot placement, the blurbs and the campaign posts.
And who has the most puppets in the region too. :duh:

Haor Chall:
mcmasterdonia:
And who has the most puppets in the region too. :duh:
I believe I was successful in preventing anyone from voting via multiple nations.

KiwiTaicho:
Govindia:

Error:

flemingovia:

If you plan to release confidential and classified information to the regional assembly from within the Council of Five - please also release Roman's comments in respect of my original request for him to apologize for his conduct and his rather.... unsatisfactory response. I have personally asked the delegate on this previously and I cannot quote him in this area of the forum for this reason.

That said - while I don't support this motion, the regional assembly is free to recall me if they think I have acted inappropriately. As a cabinet minister I have done all that I promised and that is to uphold the will of the regional assembly.

Please also note that "libel" and "slander" refer to false statements, the statement that Roman lied to the RA is, in fact, truthful which is the ultimate defence to any claim in defamation law.

Considering Roman's nasty response, I expect you to recall him as well. As his was far more personal. Ironically he has slandered me in claiming I am a raider (I have never committed one raid) and in suggesting I have slandered him.
Oh no. You don't get out of it that easy.

If you can file an FOI request for parts of a transcript that contain material that was not part of an official meeting, I can file an FOI for the contents of the thread you don't want made public.

Your accusations are reprehensible and you have the colossal gall to criticize me for my nasty response? Didn't anyone ever tell you that if you smack a hornet's nest with a stick you had better be prepared to either run like hell or get stung?

And for the sake of transparency in the whole matter, I have just filed a FOIA request with the court for precisely what contents (your comments) in the Co5 section of the forum. To wit: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6945994/1/

Whether or not your recall is warranted is none of my concern but a matter for the RA should what you have done be tantamount to a violation of law and only if it is a violation of law. I have no opinion on that matter.

However, your statements in private parts of the forum and other semi-private sections of the forum are uncalled for and do have the effect of showing that you have no tolerance for opinions other than your own and does constitute a counter-productive attitude on your part which is interfering with the functioning of the Co5.

While you have every right to your opinions, that does not mean you have a right to fabricate, cherry pick and deliberately mis-represent such opinions as indisputable facts via straw-man arguments.

Your high-handed tactics show that you lack a basic understanding of politics, the function of government, and such lack of basic understanding makes me of the opinion that you are incapable of having any other agenda other than disruption and shameless self promotion.

You cannot get away with making personal attacks that are utterly and completely unfounded just because you disagree with someone's well known opinions, and then when your target(s) defend themselves you cry foul. The fact that you can dish it out but you can't take it shows an essential lack of maturity and understanding on your part and is indeed unbecoming of a government minister.

I am appalled and I am apparently not the only one.

I have learned by many years of exclusive citizenship in The North Pacific that to allow such attacks to go unanswered, especially when they attempt to impugn the reputation and honor of an individual in the way you have attempted, cannot be permitted to go unanswered.

You have been given every chance to rectify your actions but have chosen to heap more coals on the fire by continuing your personal attacks.

You launched a personal attack out of the blue, you have tried to use various elements of the government including your own position as a Minister of this government as a tool for unfounded personal vengeance. That, my friend may have crossed the line into abuse of power which is an impeachable offense in my opinion as a former court justice.

[QUOTE[However, your statements in private parts of the forum and other semi-private sections of the forum are uncalled for and do have the effect of showing that you have no tolerance for opinions other than your own and does constitute a counter-productive attitude on your part which is interfering with the functioning of the Co5.[/QUOTE]
I really don't think that, at least from my perspective, that it's Kiwi alone that's interfering with the functioning of the Co5. And I also don't think that it's Kiwi with an issue with tolerating opinions other than his own.

You cannot get away with making personal attacks that are utterly and completely unfounded just because you disagree with someone's well known opinions, and then when your target(s) defend themselves you cry foul. The fact that you can dish it out but you can't take it shows an essential lack of maturity and understanding on your part and is indeed unbecoming of a government minister.
They're not unfounded. At all. You're calling foul because you don't want to actually listen to what he's saying. Maturity is lacking pretty much all round in this debate – you included.

Maybe you should listen to your own advice, eh?

I won't support a recall of KiwiTaicho with the current evidence. Has he handled it perfectly? No. Has anybody? Pretty much without exception, no. Everyone needs to stop squabbling and grow up a bit.

offtopic

This kind of infighting usually precedes a coup in TNP...anyone else getting that feeling

/offtopic

I totally agree with Abbey, can we stop throwing stones at one another.

punk d:
offtopic

This kind of infighting usually precedes a coup in TNP...anyone else getting that feeling

/offtopic

I totally agree with Abbey, can we stop throwing stones at one another.
I'm not going to coup.

Romanoffia:
KiwiTaicho:
Govindia:

Error:

flemingovia:

If you can file an FOI request for parts of a transcript that contain material that was not part of an official meeting, I can file an FOI for the contents of the thread you don't want made public.

Your accusations are reprehensible and you have the colossal gall to criticize me for my nasty response? Didn't anyone ever tell you that if you smack a hornet's nest with a stick you had better be prepared to either run like hell or get stung?

And for the sake of transparency in the whole matter, I have just filed a FOIA request with the court for precisely what contents (your comments) in the Co5 section of the forum. To wit: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6945994/1/

Whether or not your recall is warranted is none of my concern but a matter for the RA should what you have done be tantamount to a violation of law and only if it is a violation of law. I have no opinion on that matter.

However, your statements in private parts of the forum and other semi-private sections of the forum are uncalled for and do have the effect of showing that you have no tolerance for opinions other than your own and does constitute a counter-productive attitude on your part which is interfering with the functioning of the Co5.

While you have every right to your opinions, that does not mean you have a right to fabricate, cherry pick and deliberately mis-represent such opinions as indisputable facts via straw-man arguments.

Your high-handed tactics show that you lack a basic understanding of politics, the function of government, and such lack of basic understanding makes me of the opinion that you are incapable of having any other agenda other than disruption and shameless self promotion.

I have learned by many years of exclusive citizenship in The North Pacific that to allow such attacks to go unanswered, especially when they attempt to impugn the reputation and honor of an individual in the way you have attempted, cannot be permitted to go unanswered.

You have been given every chance to rectify your actions but have chosen to heap more coals on the fire by continuing your personal attacks.

You launched a personal attack out of the blue, you have tried to use various elements of the government including your own position as a Minister of this government as a tool for unfounded personal vengeance. That, my friend may have crossed the line into abuse of power which is an impeachable offense in my opinion as a former court justice.
Your theatrics aside. You have ignored every point I have made. So I will do the same to you.

I requested the release of the Co5 thread quite a while ago. Good to see you are actually reading my statements (not). That thread, in particular, makes you look far worse than me. As I have previously said, I have nothing to hide. But since you aren't actually reading what I have to say. It's not surprising you don't know this.

I have informed the RA as I said I would so I consider the matter concluded. Do as you wish.

mcmasterdonia:
I agree, but I think that negative campaign is very close to start in this current situation :P
(I'm just an observer xD)

KiwiTaicho:
Romanoffia:
KiwiTaicho:
Govindia:

Error:

flemingovia:

Your theatrics aside. You have ignored every point I have made. So I will do the same to you.

I requested the release of the Co5 thread quite a while ago. Good to see you are actually reading my statements (not). That thread, in particular, makes you look far worse than me. As I have previously said, I have nothing to hide. But since you aren't actually reading what I have to say. It's not surprising you don't know this.

I have informed the RA as I said I would so I consider the matter concluded. Do as you wish.
But you don't get off that easy.

You leveled false and unsubstantiated accusations, called me a liar and deceiver, and only because you disagree with my opinions and all to make political hay for some unknown reason. That by itself might be a forgivable offense, but the appearance, in my opinion and the opinion of a number of others, that you used your position as a Minister of this government as a tool to attempt to further whatever your scheme was intended to do is, in my book, unforgivable and unbecoming of a government official.

You initiate uncalled for hostilities against me and then when I defend myself you cry that you are the victim? I've got some advice for you. Don't poke the bear and then blame the bear when you get your face pulled off.

If Kiwi's conduct merits recall (a political decision, by the by, and not a legal one), then one could make the case that Roman and Unibot also deserve the same sanction.

And I'll put everyone on notice now to save myself and everyone else the headsche. I will be looking at the content of the Complaints thread in the AG's office; and if I feel the charges are politically inspired rather than being legally sound and factually complete, including sufficient documentation as to who, what, where, when, why and how, they will be dismissed. I will not authorize the submission of a complaint where due to its insufficiency it would fail.

as to who, what, where, when, why and how
is an old but true adage from any entry level journalism class. It's always proven useful in drafting a complaint. Just sayin' :)

McMasterdonia:
The order of the candidates was randomized on every ballot, actually, so ballot placement at least isn't an issue.

Actually, it is, because the placement on the ballot, random or otherwise would affect where the candidate was randomly placed. Think about it.

No, no. The names were shuffled for each ballot. Very clever. Made me wonder why, if we can do it here, why can't the state do it? Too complicated for them, I guess.

Great Bights Mum:
No, no. The names were shuffled for each ballot. Very clever. Made me wonder why, if we can do it here, why can't the state do it? Too complicated for them, I guess.
Some governments do do it.

It adds a small expense to the printing, though.

Back