Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Category: Free Trade
Strength: Mild
Proposed by: Bergnovinaia

Legal Safety for Travelers:
Description: The World Assembly:

UNDERSTANDING the popularity and demand for international exchange, work, and travel programs where individuals can broaden their cultural, work, and educational experiences in a different country;

NOTES that in some instances, travelers studying, working, or visiting abroad can be arrested for violating social customs or judicial laws in the nation of study;

DEFINES, for the purposes of this resolution, travelers as individuals who journey outside of their home nation to another nation for any reason;

BELIEVES that often times, violations and consequential arrest are result of misunderstanding in the traveler’s knowledge of social customs and judicial codes, not a malicious act;

ACKNOWLEDGES that while some cases may, indeed, be malicious in intent, many of these accidental violations and their consequences for the traveler can be avoided;

HEREBY implements the following:

Article 1) National Duties

a) All nations that host travelers must provide a publication (e.g. pamphlets, letters, public service annoucements, etc.) prior to or upon arrival in said nation. These publications shall contain the most important legal information for travelers (e.g. laws frequently violated by travelers in said nation), as well as laws that have steep penalties. The publications must also include information on commonplace social customs that, if violated, could put travelers in potentially precarious situations.

b) Such nations must also provide access to additional legal information, such as law books, if individual travelers feel the publication provided contains insufficient information.

c) Upon arresting a traveler for violation of a law, law enforcement must inform the arrested traveler to the reason for which they were arrested, as well as any additional rights offered to individuals upon arrest in said nation.

d) Nations that arrest travelers shall notify the government of the traveler's home nation of the arrest and the charges against the traveler if the traveler identifies himself or herself.

Article 2) Traveler Duties

a) Travelers must receive the publication of laws and social customs that are applicable in their host nation before or at arrival in their host nation. It is highly recommended that travelers read or view this publication.

b) In the event of arrest for violating a law, travelers may choose to give their identification (either orally or otherwise) to law enforcement for identification purposes, aiding law enforcement to comply with Article 1, sec. d.

Co-authored by: Quelesh

I see that unfortunately, people of such great influence have taken positions questionable. At first, i was very confident in the choices of leaders and leaders in the region, but now it is over. I see you put aside the civil rights and make decisions a bit hasty, recently. In my opinion, civilians are a priority, but you show contempt for the welfare of civilians (I do not know if the position was always the same, because I'm recently, so I say "recently"). I say that because:
1º the proposal "repeal" Nuclear Power Safety Act " was defeated (Most of the North Pacific was against)
2º the number of votes against the current proposal is greater
Yours recent actions disappoint me and especially surprise me.
Would willingly receive plausible justifications for such acts.
Sincerely, Hushland!

It is my current policy, as decided by our elected Council of Five, to vote the way those who have explicitly asked me to vote a certain way, and are citizens of TNP, vote.

This was the policy recommended by the MoWA, Unibot. I've asked him to respond to your concerns.

Hushland:
I see that unfortunately, people of such great influence have taken positions questionable. At first, i was very confident in the choices of leaders and leaders in the region, but now it is over. I see you put aside the civil rights and make decisions a bit hasty, recently. In my opinion, civilians are a priority, but you show contempt for the welfare of civilians (I do not know if the position was always the same, because I'm recently, so I say "recently"). I say that because:
1º the proposal "repeal" Nuclear Power Safety Act " was defeated (Most of the North Pacific was against)
2º the number of votes against the current proposal is greater
Yours recent actions disappoint me and especially surprise me.
Would willingly receive plausible justifications for such acts.
Sincerely, Hushland!
This has nothing to do with the welfare of citizens, nor was it a hasty vote. Flemingovianism is the most ideal of all systems, and the influence of foreign ideas and theologies would only dilute its perfection and confuse the population. Missionaries, of course, need to travel abroad. But for them to die is a martyr's death, and so they laugh in the face of danger.

In addition, since I am God, my decisions can never be "questionable". Insead, my son, I sense it is you who is riddled with doubt and uncertainty. Instead of living with the "disappointment" (your words) of your curreny life, why not embrace Flemingovianism, which would give you a hope and confidence for the future and a sure and certain moral code to live by today.

"Why not embrace Flemingovianism, which would give you a hope and confidence for the future and a sure and certain moral code to live by today?"
HOW not thought of this before? It is the SOLUTION to my problems.
:worship: Flemingovianism!

My God...
:facepalm:

Grosseschnauzer:
This has nothing to do with ego-serving pseudo-religions.

Against
I entirely agree with you. This has nothing to do with the false cheese-god followed by Romanffia. For once we concur totally.

It IS to do with not corrupting the true light of Flemingovianism, which must ever remain pure and undefiled.

This resolution is currently up for vote in the WA.

Please post your views and stance on this resolution below. Note, however, that you must have a WA nation in The North Pacific, or on active NPA duty, in order for the Delegate to count your vote.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back