[Complete]PASSED: SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION: Condemn Lone Wolves United[Archived]

unibot

TNPer
SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION AT VOTE

Condemn Lone Wolves United
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Lone Wolves United | Proposed by: -Tim-Opolis​

Description: The Security Council,

ACKNOWLEDGING Lone Wolves United (LWU) as one of the oldest and most notorious raider regions,

NOTING that Lone Wolves United, which frequently griefs regions despite the detested nature of the practice, is among the most prominent raider organizations in the world,

DEFINING "griefing" as the act of damaging or destroying a region and possibly re-founding it to use it as a trophy,

RECOGNIZING Lone Wolves United as having recently entered and having forcefully gained control over active regions with long-established communities such as Anarchy and Gardeshia.

NOTING that LWU successfully thwarted others' attempts to enter the regions and protect them and their citizens from harm,

FURTHER RECOGNIZING that Lone Wolves United, thanks to the espionage committed by the leader of the attack on Gardeshia which allowed this leader to gain influence in the target region, was able to overrun and destroy Gardeshia despite the fact that the region had a founder and an active community,

APPALLED by the fact that Lone Wolves United has been using such tactics for years without having been condemned by the Security Council,

NOTING that Lone Wolves United has influenced the staging of successful coups of the governments of both The East Pacific and The West Pacific,

FURTHER NOTING that Lone Wolves United is responsible for banning The Game Administrator's Realm of SalusaSecondus from its home region twice,

BELIEVING the aforementioned actions to be heinous and physically detrimental to established communities of the world, and, as such, believing that this body should acknowledge said actions accordingly,

Hereby Condemns Lone Wolves United.

Co-Authored by The Weed-Choked Lawn of A mean old man
Co-Authored by The Raving Wolverhampton Fans of Connopolis

This came to a vote on the floor of the WA General Assembly at approximately 1600 GMT, Saturday, 19 November 2011, or 11:00am EST, Saturday, 19 November 2011 and will end at approximately 1600 Wednesday, 23 November 2011, or 11:00 am EST, Wednesday, 23 November 2011.

Grosseschnauzer:
TNP-resident WA members, please post your position on the resolution in this thread, or send it to me by PM here, or by TG at nationstates.net.

Unibot, I appreciate your getting this up, but I had to correct the time calculations. Not a big issue, but when the US goes on standard time for the winter, the difference with GMT/UTC with the US east coast is 5 hours. Which is why I keep the forum time settings on GMT (with so many TNPers being in Europe or Asia.)

He wanted to post it himself so he could get the first word in.

For, and might i point out the proposal never said we kept the region, it only says we successfully thwarted some attempts, which we did.

Blue Wolf II:
For, and might i point out the proposal never said we kept the region, it only says we successfully thwarted some attempts, which we did.
Barring the significance for the native community, how significant is this gloating and why is this something you'd like included in your Badge of Honour? You're an unsuccessful griefer, this is doubly something to not be proud of. I feel like I should condemn you out of pity.

Nonetheless, the first premises of the resolution put too much stock into your organization's supposed superiority over other raiding groups when out of the only two cited cases of griefing by LWU included a failed raid. So the whole proposal seems weakly justified and borders on praising your organization and neglecting to note its 'failures'.

Hence, I remain Against.

Grosseschnauzer:
Unibot, I appreciate your getting this up, but I had to correct the time calculations. Not a big issue, but when the US goes on standard time for the winter, the difference with GMT/UTC with the US east coast is 5 hours. Which is why I keep the forum time settings on GMT (with so many TNPers being in Europe or Asia.)
Your times are incorrect, proposal went up at noon on EST. That I can assure you since I'm in EST. Proposals always begin and end at noon or midnight in the EST/EDT timezone. That's the beginning of update.

If we can't use the condemn for what it was made for (to note the actions of those who do "evil" deeds and express our displeasure thru said condemn) then the Security Council's condemn/commend is completely worthless, leaving only the liberation proposals, which were created specifically to benefit defenders in their mission against region destroyers.

So if raider regions can't be condemned because defenders think it would be "honoring" the raiders, then I guess the SC is utterly useless, isn't it? A plaything to one side of game play.

Also the fact we took Anarchy at all is a resounding success, since not only was TITO and UDL in that region less than a week before the raid, TITO banned the nation that would later endosurf, return to the region with full endorsements, and act as pointman in the follow up raid that finally took the region. I think defenders are more embarrassed that Anarchy was even mentioned than anything else.

unibot:
Grosseschnauzer:
Your times are incorrect, proposal went up at noon on EST. That I can assure you since I'm in EST. Proposals always begin and end at noon or midnight in the EST/EDT timezone. That's the beginning of update.
According to this site (The World Clock), there is a 5 hour time difference between GMT and EST; it's four hours when the U.S. is on DST (i.e., EDT).
A noon or midnight time in EST, therefore, is 0500 or 1700 GMT.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back