[Complete]PASSED: SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION: Repeal "Commend Mikeswill" [Complete]

Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation

Category: Repeal

Resolution: SC#55

Proposed by: A mean old man

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #55: Commend Mikeswill shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The World Assembly,

RECOGNIZING the long time span over which the nation of Mikeswill has managed to remain delegate of its own region and finding such a duration of time to be somewhat impressive,

BELIEVING that the extensive length of time that Mikeswill has spent as delegate of the region called "Nationstates" is due in part to the fact that the delegate of the region has never been democratically elected, is thanks to the key role which defenders played in preventing the invasion of the region on September 10, 2010, and is partly due to Mikeswill's long-held invader ties,

IDENTIFYING "The Highlander 1" as a nation which was secretly controlled by the administration of Mikeswill and further identifying The Highlander 1 as a member of the notorious invader group DEN and as the founder of the invader hideout Ile de France,

NOTING the strong position against the World Assembly Security Council which Mikeswill maintained for many years, and noting the nation's constant appearances in the WASC forums not to debate or to aid others, but to place a previously prepared message within the discussion on the resolution at vote which did not address the topic of the debate but rather advertised the nation's region, criticized what the nation believed to be defenders' "cowardice" for resorting to liberations when a region was captured by raiders, and which generally put down the Security Council itself,

FURTHER NOTING that, while the nation of Mikeswill has supposedly stood against every function of the Security Council since the council was established as a legitimate division of the World Assembly, the nation has not had the modesty to refrain from approving various proposals to commend itself over the years, and believing this choice to be rather hypocritical and distasteful,

DETERMINING that, based on this knowledge, Mikeswill might not be the best candidate for a commendation which praises the nation's alleged "dedicated service to the World Assembly,"

FURTHER BELIEVING that calling Mikeswill "one of the most dedicated nations in the world" is a nice gesture, but when such a grand claim is barely backed up by a resolution's text the World Assembly must disregard the claim and not allow such vague ideas to influence the WA's collective opinion,

HEREBY REPEALS the commendation of Mikeswill.

Co-authored by Wordy.

The vote began at 0400 GMT Tuesday 1 November, 2011 and should close at approximately 0400 Saturday, 5 November, 2011. (This corresponds to midnight EDT or 9:00 p.m. PDT.)

WA members residing in TNP, pease note your vote in this thread, or by sending me a PM here, or a TG through Nationstates. All messages will be noted here.

Does anyone have an opinion on this resolution at all?

I need to cast a vote by tomorrow, and so, WA members, your opinion counts!

I should have noted that AMOM asked for an approval for quorum, but this proposal had quorum by the time I saw that TG, but I certainly assume that he's want us to vote for his proposal on the floor.

Tally 1 For 1 Against.

At the moment, the prevailing opinion is Against. If it changes before the vote closes, and I catch it in time, I'll make the change.

However, there are only 7 hours left, and it is Friday, so it's not likely there would be much more feedback.

<b>Voting on this resolution has ended.</b>

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the UN Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back