Amendment to Law 1 Section 2

Haxstree

TNPer
A bill to amend Law 1 Section 2.

I.
A. Section 2 of Law 1 shall be amended to the following:

I, (insert forum name), do hereby solemnly guarantee that during my correspondingly appointed term as Deputy Minister of Interregional Affairs of The North Pacific I will uphold the ideals of democracy, freedom, and justice of the region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force or bribes or offers of sex, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of (insert government position), with all the awesome powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

As this is a draft, there is one more thing I want to add but I want some advice on how to do this.
With the passage of this bill, I want the current office holders to take their oaths under this amended oath, but such an order would not be explicitly part of amending the Section. So if it is possible, what is the best way this bill can mandate the current office holders take the revised oath if it is passed?

Mate, it would be helpful if you can put the current oath and the proposed revision side by side and show the differences, that's what i am asking for here please.

I.
A. Section 2 of Law 1 shall be amended from:

I, (insert forum username), do hereby solemnly swear that during my duly elected/appointed term as (insert government position), I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of (insert government position), with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

To the following:

I, (insert forum name), do hereby solemnly guarantee that during my correspondingly appointed term as Deputy Minister of Interregional Affairs of The North Pacific I will uphold the ideals of democracy, freedom, and justice of the region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force or bribes or offers of sex, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of (insert government position), with all the awesome powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

And I'd still like the current office holders to have to say the revised oath if it passes.

Please use red text to show deletions and blue text to show additions; that is the way we do it here because otherwise word to word comparisons can be misleading for everybody.

Grosseschnauzer:
Please use red text to show deletions and blue text to show additions; that is the way we do it here because otherwise word to word comparisons can be misleading for everybody.
Yes that's exactly what I was asking...why people can't follow this standard...:(

Haxstree:

I.
A. Section 2 of Law 1 shall be amended from:

I, (insert forum username), do hereby solemnly swear that during my duly elected/appointed term as (insert government position), I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of (insert government position), with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

To the following:

I, (insert forum name), do hereby solemnly guarantee that during my duly elected/appointed term as (insert government position) I will uphold the ideals of democracy, freedom, and justice of the region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force or bribes or offers of sex, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of (insert government position), with all the awesome powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

Fixed.

Back