-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Post complaints here. Any format. Any form of complaint.

Be advised I can't do much about complaints that have nothing to do with TNP law however. The Office of the Attorney General will attempt to be helpful nevertheless.

I would like to request the attorney general to look into JAL attempt to use incorrect oath for RA application. I believe it can be view as treason and violation of law 28.

I would like the AG to look into Felasia's attempt to block me from my legal right to RA membership. I mean even Govindia gets RA membership here.

I would also like to point out that the oath thing was merely for lolz.

Sorry I will be off the Internet due to RL issues but I will be back on the 23 of this month BUt will try to come off and on this be in the loop

For reference, the complaint against John Ashcroft Land / The Poo Dynasty will not be graduated into a lawsuit because it is the Attorney General's opinion that no crime was committed, not because non-citizens cannot be tried. Non-citizens eminently can be tried as the Constitution allows for ejection or banning from the region as a penalty, and the Constitution applies to the region as a whole not only those who choose to consent to it.

Reviewing the complaint by John Ashcroft Land, also known as the Poo Dynasty, I must find that the complaint is not without basis and must formally inquire of the Speaker what crimes John Ashcroft Land has been convicted of.

This is an entirely actionable complaint.

The Attorney General's office will be filing charges. In the interim the application may be considered suspended.

Eluvatar:
This is an entirely actionable complaint.

The Attorney General's office will be filing charges. In the interim the application may be considered suspended.
As defence counsel for John Ashcroft Land we protest this decision by the Attourney General most vigorously, and would enquire what Constitutional grounds there are for suspending my client's RA application?

Under TNP Law 28, the Speaker and forum Administration may reject applicants who violate that law.

By Section One, clause 2:
TNP Law 28:
2. Each member Nation will by oath, abide by the Constitution of The North Pacific and The North Pacific Legal Code.

It is presumably the belief of the Speaker and the Administration that JAL is in violation. Therefore, they are not admitting him to the RA. If they are proven wrong by the court they will presumably let him in.

As a FYI for newer residents of TNP -- It has long been the position of many of us that a violation of the R.A. oath currently in Law 28, or of the oath of office in Law 1 (which was the first law ever enacted by a democratic TNP), are independent grounds for a criminal proceeding.

Recognizing that institutional memory can be lost as players retire from the region or from the game, I will be introducing an amendment to Law 22 to assure that this understanding remains part of TNP law.

I look forward to the Attorney General presenting concrete evidence that JAL did not, or had no intention to, abide by the constitution and Legal Code of TNP.

TNP law 28 was designed to ensure that members of the RA adhered to the oath they had sworn, and to give a legal recourse should members of the RA break that oath. It is now being used by the attourney general to block an application to the RA. JAL has not broken the oath he swore on Jul 14 2011 at 12:38 AM. Despite this his application has been stonewalled now for a month.

It could be argued that JAL's history as a rogue delegate is "proof" that he will break the oath. But past track record is not proof of future intent. TNP has a proud track record of giving nations second chances. In fact Dalimbar, a former rogue, was elected as delegate of this region recently. If he was given a chance, why not JAL?

To the defence it appears that there are two possibilities:

1. The NPIA has specific evidence that JAL's application to the Regional Assembly sworn on Jul 14 2011 is part of a plot against the region, and that he will not abide by the oath. If so, the defence asks that that evidence be placed in open court and assessed. Should such evidence be too sensitive for public gaze, then we ask that it be presented in camera before the defence counsel.

2. JAL is being treated differently from other RA applicants, as a result of prejudice against my client. If that is the case, the defence asks that my client's RA application be approved and processed with all haste, and that an apology be offered to my client.

I would also add that the complaint my client made against Felasia in this thread on Jul 14 2011, 03:43 AM has not been addressed.

This was lodged before Felasia's complaint against JAL dated Aug 4 2011, 01:52 PM, yet Felasia's complaint gained an almost instant reaction from the court, JAL's complaint was completely ignored.

Can I ask why?

When the Attorney General investigates this lapse, we would be grateful if he would consider this complaint in the light of my client's righs enshrined in the Bill of Rights, number 5:

All Nations of The North Pacific have the right to be protected against the abuse of powers by any official of a government authority of the region.

Finally, for now, it is the assertion of the Defence that the use of rule 28 against my client is spurious, since Blue Wolf is entirely correct - in its current wording rule 28 only applies to current member of the RA.

The constitution of TNP is very specifice about whether it refers to nations resident in TNP, nations of any region, or nations who are members of the Regional Assembly. In the case of Rule 28 it is worth quoting Rule 28, Article I, Section one in its entirety, rather than the very selective quote used by those blocking my client's application: (the bolding is mine)

TNP LAW 28
Regional Assembly Registration and Membership

Article I

Membership Requirements

Section One

Membership in The North Pacific Regional Assembly does not require UN membership, in accorance with the TNP Bill of Rights. However, the following requirements must be met and confirmed for membership.

1. Assembly member applicants must maintain a nation in The North Pacific.

2. Each member Nation will by oath, abide by the Constitution of The North Pacific and The North Pacific Legal Code.

3. Each member Nation shall refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any other nation or region in a manner inconsistent with the Constitution of The North Pacific.

4. Each member Nation shall refrain from giving assistance to any nation or region against which The North Pacific is taking defensive or enforcement action. Exceptions shall be given to Nations acting with official authorization of the North Pacific Army or Intelligence Agencies, and is subject to the consent of the Cabinet.

5. The use of a proxy server by an applicant for Regional Assembly member status is grounds for automatic denial of Regional Assembly member] application.

a. Proxy server usage is defined as the use of an IP connection with the intent of rendering a forum user anonymous, aka proxy spoofing, or any such practice designed to allow a member to have multiple accounts on the TNP forum.

The context, and especially the use of the phrase "members nation" in clause 2, makes it clear that the regulation quoted by the Attorney general is a regulation binding on MEMBER nations of the Regional Assembly, not on applicants to that body. Therefore it cannot be used to block applications.

Blue Wolf is entirely correct.

Flem, this thread is within the subforum that is labeled the "Office of the Attorney General," so I'm not sure that the criminal complaint has been formally filed with the Court. And as a thread in the AG's office, it wouldn't seem to be inappropriate for citizens to comment on issues related to a matter presented to or by the AG.

This thread is the office of the AJ, the chief prosecutor of the region.
The current AJ posted in the opening of this thread: "Post complaints here. Any format. Any form of complaint."

It is therefore not unreasonable to suppose that criminal complaint can be formally filed with the court here. Certainly that is what Felasia was able to do - unless double standards apply with regard to my client?

I would like to file the following complaints against Govindia for his actions during the September 2011 General Election where he served as Election Commissioner:

1. Violation of TNP Law 26 - As The Voting Booth he set requirements for one to be a candidate in the Sept. 2011 General Election by requiring them to be seconded to be placed on the ballot. The post in question can be found here

2. Violation of TNP Law 26 Section One - As evidenced in the above linked post Govindia, as The Voting Booth, started the elections in question on the 6th of September, while the Legal Code requires them to be started on the 1st.

3. Violation of TNP Law 26 Section One - Govindia did not include the required 3 day delay between the end of nominations and the start of voting. In the post above he states:
The nominations will go for seven days, ending on 13 Sept. 2011 at 0730 PDT (Pacific Daylight Time, GMT - 7). After that, voting will begin.
Nominations ended on the 14th of September as evidenced in this post. The voting thread was then opened minutes after nominations were announced closed as evidenced here

4. Violation of TNP Law 26 Section One - Upon being notified that there is a 3 day delay between the end of nominations and start of voting Govindia announced a 3 day extension to the voting period thereby causing voting to be open for 10 days. This statement can be found here and reaffirmed here

5. Violation of TNP Bill of Rights - Through his action as Election Commissioner, or lack thereof, Govindia has paralyzed the government of TNP denying the nations of the region an organized and operating of the governmental authorities of the region on fundamental principles of democracy, accountability, and transparency by dismissing complaints made against him in regards to the election and his failure to start and end the elections on time. In the case of ending the elections on time he posted 3 times in 3 different topics over a span of 36 minutes on the day election results were to be announced with no announcement as to any possible delay on the results or notification to the region that he was even aware they were over until almost 36 hours after elections were to be ended.

6. Violation of TNP Bill of Rights - As stated in the above complaints Govindia, as Election Commissioner, disregarded sections of the Legal Code in the running of the election in question.

7. Violation of TNP Bill of Rights - Govindia abused his power as Election Commissioner to change both the time and duration of the the election in question and instill requirements for one to be a candidate not set in the Legal Code or Constitution.

Frivolous.

This is nothing more than grandstanding and scapegoating by Limi due to personal bias of him from outdated grudges three years ago.

Yes there was some confusion but there was no willful deceit of voters. I had also posted that I had issues with my computer which was why things were slow this past weekend, along with the fact I had RL stuff to take care of. Surely Limi understands this.

Additionally, I had ASKED people if it would be ok if I extended it and people did not object to such an extension, to make up for the confusion and delay.

People are not perfect and they make mistakes. Even in RL elections these things happen.

since Limi is banned from forum and has been allowed to post only as a witness in the case against JAL , i don't think Limi has the right to complain against Govindia.

Pasargad:
since Limi is banned from forum and has been allowed to post only as a witness in the case against JAL , i don't think Limi has the right to complain against Govindia.
If that is what is decided by the powers that be, then I will submit the complaint.

Grimalkin:
Pasargad:
If that is what is decided by the powers that be, then I will submit the complaint.
You weren't involved in the election, and given you aren't capable of showing respect and civility to everyone here, I do not think you would have a valid claim to file a complaint either, given your level of bias against officials you dislike for silly reasons.

So now civility and respect are precursors for filing a complaint against an incompetent official? Please show me that in the legal code and constitution. And also show me where it says that I have to had been personally involved in an incident. Everything that transpired is public information, I am capable of reading.

You talk about my bias, but it seems that you need to check your own bias when it comes to your official duties.

Grimalkin:
So now civility and respect are precursors for filing a complaint against an incompetent official? Please show me that in the legal code and constitution. And also show me where it says that I have to had been personally involved in an incident. Everything that transpired is public information, I am capable of reading.

You talk about my bias, but it seems that you need to check your own bias when it comes to your official duties.
It can be shown that you would be filing the complaint against me purely out of prejudice and hatred, given your last abysmal performance in trying to file a complaint against me when I was last EC way back when.

Also, you might want to update your signature since you're no longer Regional Assembly Speaker ;)

And I still believe that my complaint was valid. Besides, I am merely supporting a complaint originally filed by Limi. The fact that I filed a complaint on you in the past has no bearing on the validity of this complaint. As I said, you might want to check your own bias when it comes to your professional duties.

I'll get to that eventually, unless you're going to add another warn to my forum account based on some mis-interpretation of a (non-existent) part of the ToS, forum rules, legal code, and/or constitution.

I would like to press charge for Election Fraud against Govindia.

I would like to note an inconsistent in the vote.

Firstly, I would like to direct you to Govindia post here. http://s13.zetaboards.com/TNP/single/?p=8037548&t=6827473

And I quote:

BW's vote is thrown out due to the fact that he voted deliberately for an ineligible candidate.

So his vote here was considered illegal because the candidate is ineligible: http://s13.zetaboards.com/TNP/single/?p=8037397&t=6827473

JAL for Delegate, AMOM for Speaker.

On the other hand, we have Gross vote: http://s13.zetaboards.com/TNP/single/?p=8037303&t=6827473

And I quote:

As far as I can tell, this is the voting thread, so.....

Delegate:
Grosseschnauzer

Vice Delegate:
Pasargad

Regional Assembly Speaker:
A Mean Old Man

An ineligible candidate.

And from Govindia list of voters:

The following people have voted either by posting on the voting thread, or via PM:

Felasia
unibot
Greater Peterstan
Grosseschnauzer
Cakatoa
Vilnoia1
Dalimbar
Blasphemy Doom
Pasargad
A mean old man

Inconsistency. Govindia have accepted Gross vote, but not BW.

The Attorney General's office is prepared to hear complaints from any Citizen.

With the consent of Felasia and Limi, the Attorney General's office will be acting on both complaints together.

Eluvatar:

With the consent of Felasia and Limi, the Attorney General's office will be acting on both complaints together.
Limi can't realyl make a complaint as he's banned from this forum and only allowed to post here as a relevant witness in a trial.

Additionally, BW's vote was deliberate trolling, Grosse's was not.

Additionally, I had stated I did not have editing powers to edit posts, only the topic title.

i have already addressed all this, which Felasia seems to have blatantly ignored.

The Attorney General's Office will discard any aspects of the combined complaint which it does not believe it could successfully prosecute.

I'm afraid I haven't made myself clear. Were a TNP nation to telegram me a complaint, I would act on it. If the complaint were obviously unlikely to be prosecutable, that action would be a reply explaining why I am not prosecuting.

Eluvatar:

I have no objections either

I'm fairly certain a Court Justice shouldn't be allowed to even attempt to throw out a request for criminal charges against themselves.

Also, I don't believe their was a lawful reason for having my entire vote thrown out, it seems Gov acted completely on personal opinion. In any case as a member of the Regional Assembly, I support both complaints.

Blue Wolf II:
I'm fairly certain a Court Justice shouldn't be allowed to even attempt to throw out a request for criminal charges against themselves.

Also, I don't believe their was a lawful reason for having my entire vote thrown out, it seems Gov acted completely on personal opinion. In any case as a member of the Regional Assembly, I support both complaints.
Your vote was lawfully thrown out because you deliberately admitted to trolling in the thread and voted for an illegitimate candidate (JAL).

Limi doesn't have any right to make a complaint I believe as he is banned from the forum.

There is no evidence to suggested I acted out of personal opinion - you clearly didn't want to vote for the Delegate candidates and instead of saying Abstain, you decided to troll instead.

Yes, I voted for one invalid candidate and one valid one. Even as Election Commissioner, you don't have the authority nor the law backing you to throw out the entire vote because of one invalid selection.

Blue Wolf II:
Yes, I voted for one invalid candidate and one valid one. Even as Election Commissioner, you don't have the authority nor the law backing you to throw out the entire vote because of one invalid selection.
Half a valid ballot isn't considered a full valid ballot. Name one instance in an earlier election in TNP where someone voted for an invalid candidate and a valid one?

Back