Open Letter to the Delegate

HEM

TNPer
Mr. Delegate,

- What are your plans for the upcoming term? Could you lay out your agenda on a week-by-week basis?

- Could you please specify the role of your Cabinet posts and speak to why you are only holding two positions, when there are multiple un-needed government forums created.

- Would you tell us why it took you so long to make your Cabinet announcements, and what gives you confidence in your two candidates?

Does this administration have any plans what-so-ever to improve the state of this region? Perhaps our delegate isn't used to be held accountable by the people, but he should very quickly become accustomed to it.

Does this administration have any plans what-so-ever to improve the state of this region? Perhaps our delegate isn't used to be held accountable by the people, but he should very quickly become accustomed to it.
IIRC I didn't try to coup the elected delegate a couple weeks back.

For reasons that are probably becoming more striking and telling by the hour. This government has failed to lay out any agenda for the future, and treats questions toward it as if they are jokes.

Nobody here seems to be willing to stand up and say the obvious truth: We are, and have been endorsing an agenda of apathy to the extent that this government feels that asking it to do actual work is 'chuckleworthy'.

You have stumbled upon the great paradox that is "The North Pacific".

As far as regions go, it has one of the most dedicated and hardheaded memberships in Nation States, but they only excel in times of diversity.

Many of the most prolific members of this community only shine when there is the potential of revolution or opposing a villain. By and large, the masses in TNP are apathetic when things are peaceful because many of them are content to simply address issues and ho-hum through their existance here.

That has been so for a very long time and I do not believe it conceivable that it will change any time soon.

Not a specific candidate as much as a list of needed traits:

- Innovative ideas.
- Active player.
- Willing to speak out.
- Good Communicator.

Gracius Maximus for delegate!

After all he meets all the qualifications you set

Innovative: Mass ejections before it was the cool thing to do
Active: He dedicated time enough to eject 3200 people in a single sitting
Willing to speak out: obvious fact is obvious
Good communicator: He could take the topic of an apple, write a 10 page essay on it, and at the end convince me it was an orange

Gracius Maximus for delegate!

After all he meets all the qualifications you set

Innovative: Mass ejections before it was the cool thing to do
Active: He dedicated time enough to eject 3200 people in a single sitting
Willing to speak out: obvious fact is obvious
Good communicator: He could take the topic of an apple, write a 10 page essay on it, and at the end convince me it was an orange
Honestly, he sounds like a pretty good choice.

I am quite possibly the worst choice for Delegate from the viewpoint of most nations currently residing in TNP.

I am of the position that Influence is wasted if it isn't used.

Exactly, and making you delegate would force everyone to stop sitting on their hands and do something to remove you.

We vote someone delegate just so that we can oppose them?

Well, it is a novel approach.... But faux conflict is hardly likely to rouse any passions.

Gracius Maximus is no mere someone. He is the tyrant of all tyrants. The king of all kings. We would have no choice but to band together, come up with a solution, and implement it in the most brilliant of manners to remove him.

Meanwhile he would be cleansing the dead flesh off the open wound so the region may heal and become anew. To rise up and reclaim what this region once had that which adds dead weight and drains from the system must be purged. Only that which wills itself to thrive and better the region must be left. At this point we may begin anew.

Without that which drags us down we are able to grow and prosper. The system here in TNP is at its roots a sound one, however it has begun clogged and bloated. We have to begin to strip the government back down to its roots and the rebuild the system once more. This time structured more to the current times and able to be changed as the game does.

That could be fun, but our government isn't bloated Limi.

It's just inactive.

Point me to a rule that isn't useful that we have. I challenge you.

Setting a long term agenda, telling their Ministers what to do (Preferably after actually setting real portfolios) etc.

Back