NPA White Paper

Mesian

TNPer
This document was created to address the various issues facing the NPA today. We are suffering from chronic inactivity, lack of direction and difficulties in recruiting. In order to resolve this issues, this white paper shall set out both the standards to be achieved, and objectives the North Pacific Army has set for itself.

Re-Structure

The NPA will be re-structured to reflect an organisation geared towards mainly peace-keeping and defending missions. Whilst this will see a reduced capability to seize and hold regions on the update, it provides the NPA with a solid foundation to defend the delegacy of TNP, as well as work both independantly and jointly, to defend and re-build invaded regions.

Rapid Response Force

The RRF shall be considered an update unit, operating to defend against regions at update, and hold the region to allow the deployment of vanguard and allied forces to re-enforce our positons.

Whilst it shall have no limit on membership, idealy, it would be compiled of teams of 10 nations, who deploy under the command of a Lieutenant. This number will require alot of work to achieve.

The RRF must also have to be able to maintain a response time of 80% in 18 hours. This will not include posted leave (which will be discussed later).

North Pacific Vanguard

The NPV mainly looks at securing regions after the initial defence, as well as deploying troops to support peace-keeping operations and re-structure efforts.

The NPV must be able to maintain a 36 hour response cycle, with 90% attendance. The NPV, like the RRF, will be organised into teams, except for being 15 nation teams, as well as including possible advisors for various facets of gameplay.

North Pacific Reserve

The NPR exist for members who cannot guarrentee a 90% attendance rate within 48 hours, and can see members spend an entire career in TNP holding the delegacy. The NPR are not required to deploy, but on larger missions, encouraged too participate.

Chain of Command

All units will come under the direct command of a Commander. There will be 1 Lieutenant as 2IC.

Also, there is oppurtunity for all ranks from Lieutenant (With 20 days seniority) or sergeant, to take staff officer roles in the fields of recruitment, intelligence, advisory or foreign placements (i.e.: FRA), to further develop their skills.

Ranks

A new rank structure will be introduced, which will have the ability to cope with both standing units, and reserves. Note: Reserves shall feature a red capital R in the Castellar font at the top of the rank slide for officers, and central, with the top of the R alligning with the points of the final chevron in other ranks.

A Colour Sergeant position is not available to reserves.

Ranks of the North Pacific Army

RanksoftheNPA.jpg

Recruiting

Recruiting is the biggest issue facing regions today, and subsequently, the biggest challenge the NPA will face in meeting its goals. As a result, 2 recruiting campaigns will be launched.

The First will target individuals on both frequently traffiked forums, and via PM, to become a member of the NPA, also targetting new members.

The Second will target those eligable for Reserve service, and will target them also via PM and frequently traffiked forums.

The NPA requires at least 15 new members to allow it to become operationally, and 25 to work at desired strength.

It is every soldiers duty to ensure this, and only together, can we overcome the challenges being faced by the NPA today!

Keep it Real

Mesian

Blimey crikey, I wholeheartedly commend your enthusiasm, particularly regarding your recruitment drive.

Naturally, I'll leave the MoD fairly autonomous since separation of powers is always good and you don't want me sticking my nose in every decision you make. However, I would caution that your plans seem to me very ambitious indeed. In particular, we should address what exactly we need the military for; how great is the call for deployment abroad, how great is the call for them to remain in TNP, etc. I direct your attention to this conversation our friends in TEP are having. Since our militaries are pretty much identical (i.e., non-existent), might have some good ideas.

WELL you have my full supoort in this endeavor and was just wondering if i would have same rank or fall under new rank structure.

To Sydia:

I thank you for your advice, and will be sure to look at the topic, but the white paper is there to canvas what we want to achieve. It is now up to us to work within it to achieve it.

As you can see, the reserves will probably be the ones which will make most of our number, and their express aim is to endorse the delegate. Whilst for many this will mean changing nothing, it will encourage people to consider possibly being more active within the NPA down the track.

Right now, I will focus on also getting a force which is deployable, whether that be to the warzones, or on assistant missions. The more active the NPA is, the more people it will attract to both the organisation and to the region.

To FALCONKATS:

Thankyou for your support, at the present moment, we are in a period of transition, but please be assured that for active members, your ranks will be appointed proportionatly to the position you held within the last organisational structure.

Keep it Real

Mesian

Back