Embassy of The Commonwealth

Thanks bunches! We will have the ambassador over here soon!

Dear Minister,

Thank you very much for setting up this new embassy. I look forward to getting to know your lovely region. :D

By the way, on a more personal note, hi HEM!

As a special note, I would like to regretfully inform TKR that Henry I and rEVOLutionairs seceded from the Commonwealth. Could any Commonwealth-specific masking please be removed from those two accounts?

Now, with your regularly scheduled update.

flag1.gif

COMMONWEALTH FOREIGN AFFAIRS UPDATE

Friday, 6 March 2009 Edition
By Vario Marx

COMMONWEALTH GOVERNMENT:
King: Charles I
Crown Prince: Shadow-Bonzi
Prime Minister: Vacant
Intelligence: Devestation
Defense: Trinity
Foreign Affairs: Vario Marx
Interior: Vacant
House Speaker: Shadow-Bonzi
Supreme Court: Subron
Civil Court: Lord McEntire
District Attorney: Vario Marx

COMMONWEALTH REGIONAL POPULATIONS:
Kingdom Of Ireland: 190
Kingdom Of Great Britain: 112
The Kingdom Of Sparta: 91
The Isle Of Malta: 46
The United Islands: 37
Alteran Empire: 241
The Union: 32
Total: 749

What's News at The Commonwealth?
smilie_news.gif

The Commonwealth has four private newspapers:
The Independent: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcvggpg5_34g6x43sg4
The Crown Circular: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgcxqvqc_78xnfgcdm&hl=en
The Crusader: http://crusaderpaper.blogspot.com/2009/02/...on-sits-as.html
The Commonwealth Weekly: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcp2576k_15d8k9dmfj
For all the latest news please check them out your favorite writers, articles, and classified ads!

Politics :ugeek: :angry-soapbox: :occasion-unclesam:
Legislative Update
• The House of Commons failed a bill to add recruitment to the Minister of the Interior's duties.
• The House of Commons approved a bill making it harder to overturn the Prime Minister's veto, which was signed by the temporary Prime Minster Shadow.
• The House of Commons exited the Kingdom of Hawaii from the Commonwealth.

images

The Commonwealth is currently in the midst of Special Elections to fill the vacant seat of Prime Minister (formerly Henry I) and one seat in the House of Commons (formerly rEVOLutionairs). Voting will continue until late night on the 6th (or early morning on the 7th).

In other news…
smiley_wedding-1.gif

King Charles I is marrying Rose...

...yes, again :)

The wedding date has been postponed, but an invitation will surely go out when it's announced.

Royal Family
gold_crown.gif

Vario Marx has been adopted by King Charles I and Rose, and is now a Prince of the Commonwealth.

Judiciary
• Henry I has been convicted of violating the Freedom of Speech Protection Act by deleting SheepSkin's accounts and all posts.
• Also involved in that ruling was a decision by the courts that said Act applies to all members of the forums, not just citizens.
• Vario Marx is the current District Attorney.

Other News
Henry I seceded from the Commonwealth, taking The Kingdom of Middle Earth along with him. The reason he cited for doing so was "massive corruption", but the government of the Commonwealth has refuted that claim.

All of our allies are hereby notified that the following members no longer represent the Commonwealth: Henry I, rEVOLutionairs. The Kingdom of Middle Earth is no longer a part of the Commonwealth.

CBanner.gif

[link=http://www.ns-cw.com/mkboard/]
The Commonwealth Update​
[/link]

CW Government

Monarch: Rose I
Crown Prince: Rix
Prime Minister: Vacant; Filled in by Rix
Intelligence: Vacant
Defense: Evil Wolf
Foreign Affairs: Caninope
Interior: Lord McEntire
Culture: Councillor of Venura
House Speaker: Rix
Supreme Court: Vacant
Civil Court: Deyan
District Attorney: Rose

Regional Population:

Kingdom Of Ireland: 127
Kingdom Of Great Britain: 78
The Kingdom Of Sparta: 88
The Isle Of Malta: 48
The United Islands: 121
Alteran Empire: 172
The Union: 42
Audux: 86
Lone Wolves United: 51

Total: 813

Government and Political News

There has been much dismay in the Commonwealth as much is happening. With elections soon upcoming, the typical campaigning has happened.

The Interim Prime Minister to fill in from Former Prime Minister Devestation has resigned after the trial of his FA Minister and the proposal to impeach three of his ministers. Rix, the House Speaker took over, and has tooken the position until the next general election

Caninope was appointed to the position of FA Minister after a long search by Rix for a suitable candidate.

The Case of The Government of the CW vs. rEVOLutionair has took on a life of it's own, as it has been argued that this is politics. Whatever the case, this trial of potential spying on the CW has a long way to go.

The House of Commons has took away the Monarch's ability to decree after one was issued bypassing the District Attorney in some places. Considering a bill to allow a Treasury Minister and to get the CW economy running.

Charles was appointed the Supreme Court Judge and resigned only a few weeks later.

Royal Family

Rose I, has accepted the position as District Attorney.

Rix has been adopted by Telthas and was later made Crown Prince.

Rix and Aurora Asianatic married on the 20th in the region of Europeia, Aurora's home.

Military News​

While conducting a raid, the CW was drove back by defenders.

Cultural News

Several Cultural Contests have been held so far, ranging from recipes to regional slogans.

There are big plans for the CW's programmed economy, ranging from products that expire to a Treasury Minister.

Brought to by the the MoFA of the CW: Caninope!

Hello, The North Pacific, I am Kazaman of the Commonwealth of Regions, and have an urgent message for you all.

An old and powerful organisation named the Aeazen Combine has risen again and is ready to strike it's second region this year. In April 2009, the Aeazen Combine's leader Aeazer, and his adjunct Lord Alphanesia, infiltrated the Commonwealth of Regions. They used electoral fraud to gain the government, and would have completely taken over the region if not for a few who repelled them.

As I have said, they have recovered from back in April, and are now prepared to strike again, somewheres else. Fortunalty though, if we as a mass take precautions to ensure that Aeazen Combine agents are unable to infiltrate our regions, they may sink down into inactivity once more. Here are some simple things you can do:

- Make sure that in election seasons, the processing of citizenship applications and other equivalent validation steps are postponed until after elections, and that the validating masks on your forum are unable to vote or view the polls.
- Make it harder for new members to get into the more powerful levels of government, and create lower levels where they can begin as ambassadors, or recruiters, smaller tasks with less power yet still active and fulfilling.
- Constantly watch and monitor the happenings in your region, especially in organisations such as political parties, to be sure nothing criminal is happening.

By taking these steps, you can greatly reduce, if not eliminate, the threat of the Aeazen Combine infiltrating your region!

Thank you for reading, and I wish you all the best;

Kazaman A. C. Anumia-Ross
Director of the Commonwealth Intelligence Agency

The Commonwealth Chronicle
King_puppy.jpg

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

King: King Shadow The Bonzi
Crown Princess: rEVOLutionair
Prince: Oliver Grey
Prime Minister: rEVOLutionair
Interior Affairs: United Ohio NKY
Foreign Affairs: Soritar_One
Democracy: Bootskitten
Treasury: Shadow-bonzi
Culture: Councillor of Venura
Attorney General: Caninope
Supreme Court: Viperlord
Lower Court: Lady Selina
Comm. in Chief: Steph Hate
Intelligence: Kazaman

Executive Affairs
• On June 1st the Elections began for under the newly confirmed constitution. Prime Minister rEVOLutionairs was declared the winner with 100% off the vote on June 3rd.
• The first week of June, the new PM announced her Privy Council (Minister of Foreign Affairs, Interior Affairs, and Democracy), Directors (Treasury, Culture,), Attorney General, Judge appointees, and Commander-in-Chief.
• The first Privy Council meeting was called to order June 12th
• June 14th the Prime Minister delivered a State of the Commonwealth speech
• June 17th shall hereafter be recognized as Commemoration Day to commemorate those we lost in the civil war.
• A second Council meeting was called June 19th
• Oliver Grey resigns as Minister of Democracy and Bootskitten is appointed June 19th

filigree-divider_2_lg.gif

Foreign Affairs
• Julian Anumia, exiled emperor of Land of Kings and Emperors, ABDICATES the exiled throne of Land of Kings and Emperors, and his heir, Charles Westwood-Anumia, ascends. Long live the Emperor!
• On June 11th we received an update on the crisis in Leviathan.
• An Inter-regional Espionage Conference was held in Europeia June 15-21st.
• Unknown ArchEmperor Gerzam stepped down, and the new Arch Emperor, Heras Savaer, has been crowned. Long Live the ArchEmperor!
• Will there be an Emperor Esoteric Thought in Sapientia?--so postulates the Big SIHT update of June 19th.
• rEVO posts the Definitive FA List!--June 23rd and the Definitive Ambassador and Dignitary List on June 24th
• The House of Grey breaks ties with Sapientia
• The every beautiful jDelight (Jade) and Falconias were married June 25th in a stylish Vegas wedding.
• On Saturday, June 27th, Imperial Britain was hosted the memorial service for the eternally devoted and loving Aessiris Grey, who was declared dead just days ago. Tragedy has once again struck the House of Grey.
• The individual nation of Sundertland was declared an Enemy of the Commonwealth June 30th by unanimous decision of the Privy Council and confirmation of the Senate.

filigree-divider_3_lg.gif

Interior Affairs
As you might imagine, after our Civil War at the end of April, and then our own internal discussions to write and approve a new constitution, there has been a lot of internal activity here in the Commonwealth. Our new constitution, with two governing bodies: one elected and one that is the voice of all the citizens, was approved and signed into law on May 26th, so this basically starts from that point:
• Twenty-six citizens in the Commonwealth were given the Award of Arms on June 1st, giving them the right to vote in the new bicameral democratic constitution and making them the first House of Commons for the Commonwealth.
• On June 2nd Councillor of Venura, Lord Brook Grey, released the Commonwealth policy: Kingmakers and Nationbuilders
• The senate was elected under the new constitution on June 3rd. Congrats to our new senators: Asianatic, Dave, Toadawhopper, Kazaman, Amalric, Bootskitten, Lord McEntire.
• Those who attempted to infiltrate and corrupt the Commonwealth were prosecuted: Rix, Rose, Aeazer, LordAlphenasia. Julian Anumia, Charles, and Commack were also prosecuted for minor violations during that confusing time.
• About a zillion legislative proposals have been discussion in the Senate and House of Commons proposal areas, mostly corrections to the legislative flow or additions to the criminal code as we have noted things that need to be legally addressed. A good example is: "How is a region promoted from "Colony" to "Region" status"?
• A new welcoming/mentor system was implemented June 8th by our Minister of the Interior, King Deyan I.
• The Privy Council voted on June 9th to allow Altera to rejoin the Commonwealth, by June 11th the House of Commons had confirmed and they rejoined us!
• Cultural Town meetings were held June 15th and 16th, and new cultural ideas and suggestions were brainstormed all over the place!
• Oliver grey resigned as Minister of Democracy in preparation for his going to camp--let's Deputy Minister of Demcracy, Bootskitten, agrees to step up and thus resigns as senator.
• June 15th TKoME made a formal request to rejoin the Commonwealth --on June 30th they were re-admitted.
• A Commemoration Day Picnic was held June 17th on Main Street, featuring such fine eats as Subron's Deviled Egg Potato Salad, watermelon, burgers, ice cream, haloumi cheese, mofongo, fried fish, FOE'S giant burger, a kegger of ale, some Gentleman Jack, Stoli vodka…and lemon meringue pie. The main stage feature the Charlie Daniel's Band followed by Dread Zepellin
• June 18th the King declared Dave and Shadow-Bonzi Dukes of the Commonwealth.
• June 19th The Archipelago of Seychelles was attacked by a troll (Sundertland) and the founder and WA Delegate were kick-banned. In a late-night move of bravery and helping to protect the Commonwealth, Devestation was up and had a WA so he went defend the region until Lord McEntire could log in and kick-ban the troll out.
• The Director of the Treasury named Lord McEntire as our new housing manager. People can now BUY their own house forum!
• On June 24th Lord McEntire announced he would have extensive vacations during the month of July and so he voluntarily stepped down from his senate seat.
• The colony of Wessex applied to exit the Commonwealth, and on June 25th it was approved with a sad heart and promises of good will and friendship.
• Sunday June 28th Amalric Richardson was appointed Deputy Minister of Democracy to assist Bootskitten in his duties.
• The Right Honorable Vario Marx announced his retirement. For his untiring service to the Commonwealth Vario was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry award and the title "Right Honorable." He is the only person in the Commonwealth to have been given that honor.
• Caninope was appointed Attorney General on June 30th, following Vario's announcement
• The Inactivity Crown Seizure Policy went into effect June 30th whereby after 30 days of inactivity 10% off a citizen's crowns are seized and every 7 days thereafter 10% more is seized until the person has no balance.
• The senate by-election from the vacated seats of Bootskitten and Lord McEntire concluded on July 3nd. Congrats to Vario and Skylman!

filigree-divider_4_lg.gif

The Department of Bourbon and Fig Newtons
On June 1st Councillor of Venura, Lord Brook, started the game of Confrontation.
First week of June, castles were passed out and then Lord Brook fell sick
The Legend of Brook and rEVO was published June 9th and makes for some delightful bedtime reading--if you like romance, adventure and a little comedy!
Subron returned to us from June 17th to June 20th and after that brief hello is off to fight in the United States Air Force. Thanks for stopping by Subbie!
June 18th TKoME generals challenged Phoenixian generals in Confrontation and the battle is still raging. This is the first inter-regional medieval battle roleplay and we hope in bring in more regions to challenge and play.
This department was established June 24th to dunk Fig Newtons INTO the bourbon for the more fun news of the Commonwealth!

Thank you, all.

On Behalf of Soritar_One, MoFA, and King Shadow The Bonzi

Hello, I am Kazaman, the new Foreign Minister for the Commonwealth.

I would like to, first of all, apologise for my predecessor, Soritar_One, for the lack of Foreign Affairs activity last term. He had something unfortunate happen to him in real life, and couldn't devote the time needed. I would also like to apologise on befalf of the current Prime Minister Charles for his predecessor, rEVOLutionairs, for not appointing a new Foreign Minister last term.

Now that I have that done and over with, I would like to let you know that the Commonwealth's Foreign Ministry shall be releasing a foreign update within a week or so. You shall also be getting a new ambassador by that time.

Thank you for reading, and may your region prosper,

Kazaman Anumia-Ross
Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Commonwealth

Back