Security Council Applications

Yes.

(And to save time, since we're the only two members who can vote at the moment, I'll be going ahead and remasking now to save time.)

I'm putting both applications under review, for now.
@ Fal Your influence must be at least Vassal
@ Elu you need to get around 110-120

Where are you getting 110 from?

The law says 50 or 50% of the "serving delegate" endocount.

If it's 50% of the endos on the nation in the in-game delegacy, it's 50% of 252 which is 126.

If it's 50% of the endos on the elected delegate, it's 50% of 168 which is 84.

Logically I'd assume that 50 is a lower bound on that lower limit as if we were to have a delegate with 50 endorsements that lower limit would be nonsensical. However, if it is instead an upper bound on that lower limit, your direction still doesn't fit the law.

Now, the law does says it's to be applied "reasonably" in times of handover, but I don't see how that means 110. Perhaps you could explain?

PS: Zemnaya Svoboda now at 74 endorsements.

The key word is "minimum" 50 or 50 percent. It's an "either-or" formulation. If either is met, a suspended member may be reinstated as long as they've currently maintaining their "minimum" influence level at the time of reinstatement.

IMHO, Elu is entitled to be reinstated. His situation is an example of one of the reasons why we moved the system to a suspended system rather than a removal system. He will need to get his endos up further on an ongoing basis, but as I said, I think he's over the threshold for reinstatement.

Blackshear:
Eluvatar:
When did we start voting on applicants in the application thread?
Last July when Grosse was in charge.

Anyways...Aye.
You might want to check the date a little more carefully, my post that you're referring to was in October, not July.

And Pasargad was in charge then, and what you took to be a vote was actually a comment response to Pasargad's question agreeing about a reinstatement.

The thread can be easily enough edited to move the vote only posts if you like.

So, Roman, after openly supporting a coup in the Government Overhaul thread you now want to join the group charged with helping prevent them? And this makes sense how?

Oh, C'mon, where's your sense of humor?

And no, Blackshear, I did not support a coup. Please refrain from such accusations. How can you support a coup that supports the current regime?

[addendum as an editorial addition]

No, I won't say it here as discretion as a part of valor. But I will say it elsewhere.

No, I will say it. Who the heck was here from the beginning to fight off invasions, rouge delegates and every manner of invader and dictator who came down the pike? Who sacrificed their original nation to make a point in expelling a rogue usurper way-back-when? Who helped write this very Constitution that you people are absolutely failing to flesh out and get up and running again?

If you people want to amble along and continue to do nothing meaningful, that's fine with me. Eventually people will wise up and change things under the Constitutional and Legal means provided for. No coups, no one upset except those who are the dead wood.

Back