North Pacific World Assembly Address

/* If you don't like role playing, ignore this speech if you will, as it has no bearing on what I'll be doing regional government-wise. It may be worth some amusement though so I invite you to play along :) */

As the clatter of her telegraph assistant echoed audibly from the office to the side of the stage, President Elizaveta Morozova of the Soyedinnyonniyi Schtati of Zemnaya Svoboda took to the Podium. She glanced in the direction of the clatter nervously and then turned to the Audience: an array of leaders from many influential and vocal World Assembly nations of the North Pacific, gathered in an auditorium of the recently renamed the Lomonosov Hall for the World Assembly, a large building on the outskirts of Hersfold City, the effective capitol of the North Pacific, situated in Flemingovia.

"My Friends, it has been a long journey to this day. Some of you may remember when my predecessor, Ivan Scheremetyev, first began World Assembly campaigning in the North Pacific, after reorienting our foreign policy from Eurasia to the North Pacific."

"Today, it is my pleasure to officially announce the beginning of our campaign for the World Assembly Delegacy. Recently, we campaigned against the abuse of World Assembly electoral rules by the rulers of Lewis and Clark. Together, with all of us participating, from dozens, nay, hundreds of nations of the North Pacific, we unseated them from the Delegacy and returned it to the hands of our good friends in Great Bights Mum."

"Some weeks ago, I signed into law a bill requiring the Zemnaya Svoboda World Assembly Office to vote as decided here, in our regional headquarters, by a vote of present North Pacific representatives. In addition, it forbids the ballot-stuffing practices used by the World Assembly representatives of Lewis and Clark."

"With these safeguards in place, Zemnaya Svoboda is ready to serve as World Assembly Delegate nation for the North Pacific. And now, for our Reception for our guests..."

She gestured to the doors and several distinguished suited men emerged carrying platters covered in various culinary confections. She turned to the audience, grinned, and said "Dig in!" before hurrying over to the side room where telegraph clatter was still audible.

Back