IA Information Act

Thanne

TNPer
The North Pacific is a very large region, consisting of a large (and sometimes very confusing) government structure. I would like to propose an act which allows member nations (whether registered on the forums or not) to request information from the Internal Affairs Department.

Section One:
The Department of Internal Affairs hereby resolves to, the best of it's ability, provide information to member states using an organized procedure.

Section Two:
The Department of Internal Affairs resolves to set up, in cooperation with the General Assembly and the other departments of the North Pacific Government, an easy-to-use procedure for requesting information from the Department.

Section Three:
The Department of Internal Affairs resolves to accept any and all requests for information, provided that they are not considered classified material. In this case, the requestor may petition the government through the legislative branch, in which case the Department of Internal Affairs may present arguments for either side.

I'm not sure this needs to be approved by the RA or not; there are elements that appear to be a policy statement, and area where it functions as if it si a "freedom of information" law.
If the intent is to have the RA approve this as a lws, then it needs to be rewritten to reflect that in the way the content is worded. At the moment though it seems to be a policy statement, and if so, then it's likely something that does not need RA approval.

Oh, double check the use of "it's" (which means it is:, and "its" the possessive form of "it.")

I've also double checked the permissions for this subforum so as to make sure that RA members can read and post the threads in this subforum.

Yes, I would like to get a clause in there that requires, less state-secrets and regional secret information, other ministries to abide by the act

Yeah, I also would like to see links to some of the important forums- ie, RA, ministry, and military sign-up pinned in a conspicuous place, in addition to their current location. Threads (or links to them) can be posted in multiple locations, right?

Maybe have a subforum in the Welcome Center with links to the all the sign up threads? :2c:

WHEREAS, The North Pacific is a growing nation, with population exceeding 5 trillion, and

WHEREAS, The North Pacific government exists specifically to serve the people of the region, and

WHEREAS, The Ministry of Internal Affairs has specifically requested an act to regulate the flow of information here, it is hereby resolved that:

All official governmental agencies of The North Pacific shall be subject to legislation regarding the flow of information, and it's release to the public, and

All registered citizens and/or governments residing in The North Pacific have the right to request information from the Department of Internal Affairs, and

The Department of Internal Affairs shall endeavour to retrieve information requested from the different departments of the government, whom are obligated to release this information provided it will not and/or does not present a threat to regional security, and

Citizens or governments which do not recieve this information for any reason not specifically designated in appropriate legislation may file a request for the information in a regional court, where the Department of Internal Affairs and/or other regional departments may present evidence to attempt to persuede the court to rule for either side.

I appreciate the spirit of the idea here, but I don't particularly see the needed application of it. As is stands, anyone can contact any government official and request information, and the TNP forums are one of the most transparent in all of NS.

And any citizen could seek judicial remedy should they feel the need.

I absolutely agree with Josh's plan and as soon as we get some secret corespondence, I'll be more than happy to share!

I absolutely agree with Josh's plan and as soon as we get some secret corespondence, I'll be more than happy to share!
Does that mean we can post our PGP public keys now? ;)

I know this falls under government policy than law but given the troubles we have had, and I think we need to have this codified in case future Ministers are not as open.

Back