Election Time is here!

I hereby open the floor for nominations and announcements of election campaigns. As such, the all candidacy announcements made before this point are null and void and will have to be resubmitted in the appropriate Campaign Forums.

Rules will posted as soon as I figure out what those will be. ;)

Article IV: Council of Lower Officers

Section 1: Membership and Powers
1. The Council of Lower Officers (CLO) is to be comprised of the Speaker of the Assembly and three specially-elected members of the Assembly.
2. The CLO is to be given access and speaking privileges within the private Cabinet areas but are not allowed to take part in votes of the Cabinet.
3. The CLO may, with supermajority vote, place an emergency temporary halt on any specific action undertaken by a Ministry, officer, or agent of the Executive branch.
4. The CLO may vote to immediately bring any piece of legislation to an emergency vote before the Assembly.

I have an unofficial proposal for the elections themselves, namely that they begin as soon as the nomination period ends and last a week.

However, since that is the week of Christmas, I think it would be reasonable to grant a half week extension to elections if absolutely necessary.

I'll second Poltsy for Speaker and Jal for Delegate.

We should have a lively election cycle!

I have an unofficial proposal for the elections themselves, namely that they begin as soon as the nomination period ends and last a week.

However, since that is the week of Christmas, I think it would be reasonable to grant a half week extension to elections if absolutely necessary.
I would agree that voting should begin upon the conclusion of nominations.

I'm not sure what you mean by the half-week extension however. Is that an extension to a 72-hour period or a one-week period ? I should think that even during holidays, one-week would be sufficient. Just my opinion - you're the Election Commissioner. :P

BTW, I also second NK for ELO.....though it is beyond my comprehension why he would want to be elected to such an old music group.

A week for voting is traditional, so it's supported by precedence. And should set us nicely to start 2008 afresh.

BTW, I second Rocketman for Supreme Rocker. :lol:

Alright, I dont mind the voting period either, though I can see where you wanted to do the extension because most people go out on vacation during christmas. I'm okay with any period. It's all up to you.

Back