Announcement from the Delegate

Dalimbar

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Despot
-
TNP Nation
Angel of Wine
My fellow North Pacificans and esteemed envoys,

It is with great regret to be forced to apprise you that our homeland has a deeply rooted problem that must be addressed and resolved. Over my 144 days as your Delegate, I have noticed with great distress that our once proud society has been infected with a disease. This affliction I have noticed decays the quality of services that all nations in our region are entitled to and deserve. This malady has not been one simply from recent times, nay; it seems to simply be the next step in the downfall of our region. Our problem stems first from the conflicts and strife that has brought our region to its knees, followed by the paranoia and factionalism rampant in the political environment in our society in the post-conflict periods. Our current system is a product of such troubled times, and continues to hurt the region at large to this day.

I firmly believe that our region needs a vaccine to properly counter this culture of decay and lethargy. My friends, we are the largest region in all of NationStates and her largest democracy, yet we have allowed ourselves to be forced into this corner. We are not the respected region that we should be, nay; we are seen by the international community as impotent and cumbersome.

With saying all of that, as your elected Delegate, I will do all I can to revive our region and make her healthy again. It requires time, patience and understanding to achieve our goals. It pains me to say this, but to allow the homeland to heal from this disease; I can no longer recognize the authority of this government over our region. Until I can assess the situation and see what the region really wants and needs, for the time being there will be no forum-based administration.

I am hopeful that all nations, be they North Pacifican or not, will understand the neccessity of these actions and will cooperate and aid in the recuperation of the region. I understand that there may be those who do not believe the same as I do, so I ask only that those members engage in civility and not in impulsive behaviour that will only harm our motherland more. We will make this region move forward, if we are able to work together. I hope that you wish to work to save our region, our proud homeland, and not work for self-interests.

Sincerely yours,

Chodean Kal,
Delegate of The North Pacific.

I will wait for more information from the Delegate before I make a full judgement. However at the moment I do not believe this is acceptable and certainly not your responsibility as Delegate.

If we're not going to start a mass uprising can I suggest we start a new Imperial government and under our new overlord we march forth and conquer nationstates and the internet as a whole? we can make signs and sell lemonade and everything

Ladies and Gentlemen;

As an outside observer, I do not suggest that your Delegate is entirely correct in his actions. But from the point of view of someone who has observed, listened and otherwise makes a living out of understanding conflict, it is clear the Delegate is dissatisfied with your internal state of affairs.

May I suggest something novel. Try communicating with the Delegate and see what is frustrating him. If I understand correctly, your Delegate has no powers whatsoever and the real power is vested with the Prime Minister and Cabinet. So your Delegate is essentially venting frustration with an internal state of affairs and has no capability of doing any damage other than make you all upset.

I will speak with him outside of your government and encourage him to try to work with you, but you have to bring something to the table too. A willingness to listen. I need no encouragement or authority to do this, I need no promises of anything to do this. I will do it because keeping the Feeders stable is a prime concern to me.

It has been my experience that these sorts of matters blow over with time, care and an honest attempt to resolve the conflict.

Take these words with you. I see his post being used as a way to get you to see his point of view, to shock you. Do not dismiss them out of hand, in every frustrated post is a measure of truth among the words.

TNP is too respected a region, in my eyes to simply dismiss such concerns out of hand.

I hope you do not see my words as critical, they are not. I will speak with him on MIRC today in hopes of getting him to the table with you. Once he arrives at the table, my act of samaritanship is done and the work will be yours to do. I am an outsider and will remain such.

Caveat. I offer my services outside of my job as Foreign Minister of the West Pacific. I expect First Minister TAO will contact you all in due time to see if he can assist in any way.

Kind regards,

Sir Geoffrey A. Gosford; KGCB, KGCMG, KOGH, OSC
Prime Minister of Schwarzchild
Foreign Minister of The West Pacific
Knight of the Gryphons-Hospitaller

And here I am. A very interesting way to wake up this morning.

TWP offers its services for reconciliation. If either or both sides of the current dilemma would like an outside party to assist with discussions here or in TWP, we are making ourselves available. Contact Schwarzchild or TAO for assistance.

Clause 11 of the Declaration of Rights in Article I of the Constitution states:

11. No governmental authority of the region has the power to suspend or disregard this Constitution or the Legal Code In the event of an actual emergency, the governmental authorities of the region, with the express consent of the Nations of the region or their representatives, is authorized to act in any reasonable manner that is consistent as practicable with the pertinent provisions of this Constitution.

This action by Dalimbar is in a direct violation of th Constitution, and under the eergency powers granted to the government, the government, inclusing the Cabinet and the Security Council has authority to act in any reasonable manner that is consistent and practicable with the provisions of the Constitution and the North Pacific legal Code.

We have a precedent of withdrawing recognition of a rouge Delegate, and I will, as a member of the Security Council, present such a motion immediately.

Schwarz, I would say that I would not favour negotiation with Dalimbar and that I would not be happy to see Dalimbar continue as Delegate as he has broken his oath to the region.

That is your choice.

It is my hope that cooler heads prevail here. Where at worst this Delegate simply may stand down and withdraw. In any event, his statement remains.

It would be phantasmagoria to pretend that internal problems do not exist here. It is not the sign of a healthy government when the Delegate makes his frustrations openly known.

I fear you are taking the very easy path, the path of least resistance. Where all of you get angry, expel him and pretend there is nothing wrong. He may leave, but your fundamental problems stay here. Truthfully, I think he acted precipitously, but wiser heads estimate he felt painted into a corner anyway.

He did not go wacky on you. His statement seemed well reasoned, and he is (or in some cases maybe, was) close to the community and friends with most all of you. Are these the actions of a person gone insane?

I encourage you take whatever steps you think are necessary, but I also advise you to speak with him with an open mind and try to understand what led to this, if for no other reason to prevent another incident in the future like this.

Be wise and proceed cooly and cautiously.

Foreign Minister of The West Pacific
Knight of the Order of Gryphons-Hospitaller

Schwartz, we have aconstitutional system here that placed Dalimbar in that office, with the limitations on his authority that he was well aware of when he ran the first time, as well as the second time when he was re-elected.

At his request, I laced him in harge of an experimental process that I proposed midway through my tenure as Prime Minister, and had the RA approve an extension of that project. he announced plans o revamp the project, but failed to do anything since. Dalimbar is not as blameless as you think.

I bent over backwards to give him an opportuniy to develop and test out new ideas for the region, and Dalimba failed to take advantage of that opportunity. He has only himself to blame.

If he felt he ha become ineffective, then he should have resigned the Delegacy and allow the Vice Delegate to complete the term. If he waned more authority, then prhaps he hould have run for Prime Minister, who is thehead of government her, and not for Delegate.

In any event, he voluntarily chose to violate his oath of office, and commit malfeasance of office, and TNP is rntitled to hold him accountable for his actions. Whatever his complaints may be, his approach to addressing them was a poor one.

Schwartz, we have aconstitutional system here that placed Dalimbar in that office, with the limitations on his authority that he was well aware of when he ran the first time, as well as the second time when he was re-elected.

Master Grosse. With all respects, your Delegate is impotent. He only has extraordinary powers in defence of your region. If you think he is NOT aware of his actions, you are whistling in the dark. But I will address that momentarily.

At his request, I laced him in harge of an experimental process that I proposed midway through my tenure as Prime Minister, and had the RA approve an extension of that project. he announced plans o revamp the project, but failed to do anything since.  Dalimbar is not as blameless as you think.

I never said anywhere here that he is blameless. But the converse may also be true. I am not even suggesting he remain here. But to set out about a witch hunt without CLEARLY thinking about the consequences to your community is equally blameworthy. Ponder this. He just made a CLEAR political statement in the open. In a place where not only your PM and Cabinet can see it, but other high government officials from other regions can see. By taking these actions you take, you are proving his case for him. It is the thinking of a man who has nothing to lose and everything to gain. You impeach him, but he expects it. You declare him a rogue and again he expects it. You're reaction is predictable.

I bent over backwards to give him an opportuniy to develop and test out new ideas for the region, and Dalimba failed to take advantage of that opportunity. He has only himself to blame.

With due respect, Grosse. Your region has a reputation of being painfully slow and cumbersome. Bureacratic to an unhealthy degree. I have read your law code and constitution, and I see no reason to disagree with that reputation. It is one thing to "allow" him to experiment and quite another to embrace the process of change. I respectfully suggest that Dalimbar while being at fault in this case(and maybe others) is not the only one to blame for your internal ills.

If he felt he ha become ineffective, then he should have resigned the Delegacy and allow the Vice Delegate to complete the term. If he waned more authority, then prhaps he hould have run for Prime Minister, who is thehead of government her, and not for Delegate.

What would simple resignation accomplish? It is a negative action with no chance of any positive outcome. In order to effect positive changes, a Prime Minister needs support from his Cabinet and government. A Delegate cannot effect internal change in any case. This statement from him is not crazy or wacky, it is a repudiation of the PM and Cabinet. It had a slim chance of shocking you and others into recognizing what Dalimbar perceived as dysfunctionality.

In any event, he voluntarily chose to violate his oath of office, and commit malfeasance of office, and TNP is rntitled to hold him accountable for his actions. Whatever his complaints may be, his approach to addressing them was a poor one.

That he violated his office is not in question. Your assertion of mal or misfeasance is for your Court/Cabinet to decide. That your government is entitled to address this is also not in doubt.

But it is clear he felt he could not have his complaints fairly addressed by your government. Poor approach or not, it was an act of desperation in the vague hope that you would actually address what he perceived as problems. Pretending it is more than a desperate cry for help would be...unproductive.

I have made a positive, productive suggestion. If he is asked, he will likely withdraw without need for you to impeach him. You may yet learn something useful if you take a less punitive approach to the issue.

Regards,

Foreign Minister of the West Pacific
Knight of the Gryphons-Hospitaller

Excuse me for being blunt, but is The West Pacific supporting the actions of our rogue Delegate or those of our legitimate and democratic government?

Excuse me for being blunt, but is The West Pacific supporting the actions of our rogue Delegate or those of our legitimate and democratic government?
Haor Chall, the Government of the West Pacific supports the lawful government of the North Pacific.

We support a measured, thoughtful response to a difficult situation.

We do not support a "lynching party."

I have tried to point out that such a response would more appropriate and advantageous at this time. You reject this out of a sense of indignation. The approach I advocate puts the North Pacific on solid ethical and legal grounds, it makes you look like a wise government handling a rebel with dignity.

You need to seperate yourself from the "You either support us or him" attitude, it is unbecoming of you to even make such a suggestion, sir. It is in the best interests of all governments of the Feeders your government remain strong and stable, and IT IS in the long term best interest of your government to cut ties with Dalimbar, but it is NOT in the best interest of the North to ignore the lessons of why this happened nor is it, in my opinion, wise to not at least discuss rationally with your former Delegate why he felt his action was necessary.

Once again, clearly. Your government has every right to respond to this threat in whatever manner you so choose, and the West will acknowledge the LEGAL correctness of your actions.

But, you will forgive me for being a little queasy by your apparent willingness to get caught up in rage and run right past the opportunity to make yourselves look like statesmen and solidify this government.

Regards,

~S

I, for one, second Schwarz's call for levelheadedness. Volatile situations call for cool heads, and it should be our responsibility to explore ALL means to bring about a peaceful end before we rush off to battle.

As Minister of Defense I thought I should voice my opinion on this matter.

The North Pacific has fought many battles throughout the years to gain the democratic government we now have. We have endured tyrant after tyrant and struggled through every conflict.

Now we are again faced with a threat to that freedom and democracy. Our hold on regional control has been taken from us. The World Factbook now denies that we are the legitimate government of The North Pacific. If we do not take action we cannot re-secure the democracy we had not too long ago. We will lose this region to tyranny unless we fight for the rights of all the citizens of this region.

We must remember the past so as to not repeat it. If we act soon we can save democracy. We can save freedom.

Patrick Henry:
It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Until I can assess the situation and see what the region really wants and needs, for the time being there will be no forum-based administration.
Sorry for being dumb maybe, but does this mean our delegate tells us he's just gone rouge but does not know how rouge yet?

^, yes.

Shwarz...hey I'm Fulhead, we havnt met before I don't think. Can I ask if it's TWP supporting the delegate (or at least asking us not to be pissed at him) or you yourself, either personally or as a fellow gryphon?

Now lets be candid. Dali has a point. The region was stagnat. The game was stagnant. He hasnt gone about anything right. Though we don't yet know what he's planning on doing.

In my highly experienced opinion I would suggest we wait for tonight (Its 23:32 GMT) and see what he says when he and his time zone logs on. He may chose to stand down. He may go ban-crazy. He may just stay silent. But we will know what we are dealing with.

Then, we can decide what to do. Though when this is over we should look at what we do in general.

Who'd have guessed the Delegate would get jack of being a powerless figurehead after a while?!

I think someone may have mentioned that in the past a number of times but far be it from me to launch into a round of "told you so"!!

Perhaps its time to revisit the role of the Delegate and grant them a little more say and power in the government!! I think this shows that keeping the Delegate in a lock-box away form the buttons and levers of the government breed more discontent than if they had something substantial to do in the region other than endo-tart!!

Either that or you could all launch into another rabid rage!! Either is good with me!! ;)

Wow - again? TNP is behind the fashion times, it's legal tyrants these days.

I'm suprised by what I see here. To me TNP has been a becaon of democracy for a very long time - sometimes so much so that lesser hearted and less noble spirits in NationStates have taken advantage of the system and attempted to ruin the work of those brave few that brought TNP to the advanced state of democracy that there is here. To see such men considering working with the delegate suprises me to say the least, especially when such actions are clearly at odds with the "law of the land".

Dalimbar may perhaps have a point that TNP has been stagnant, but that does not excuse acting in a clearly illegal manner. If my understanding is correct there are plenty of legal means to raise, address and then act on concerns. If the Delegate had such concerns he should have pursued them in a legal manner, not made a mockery of the beliefs and ethos embedded in the system of government for the region that elected him.

We shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I agree that Dalimbar broke the law and should be removed as Delegate, but this region HAS been stagnant, and that also needs addressing.

Wow - again? TNP is behind the fashion times, it's legal tyrants these days.

I'm suprised by what I see here. To me TNP has been a becaon of democracy for a very long time - sometimes so much so that lesser hearted and less noble spirits in NationStates have taken advantage of the system and attempted to ruin the work of those brave few that brought TNP to the advanced state of democracy that there is here. To see such men considering working with the delegate suprises me to say the least, especially when such actions are clearly at odds with the "law of the land".

Dalimbar may perhaps have a point that TNP has been stagnant, but that does not excuse acting in a clearly illegal manner. If my understanding is correct there are plenty of legal means to raise, address and then act on concerns. If the Delegate had such concerns he should have pursued them in a legal manner, not made a mockery of the beliefs and ethos embedded in the system of government for the region that elected him.
You mistake support for his actions with support for your region taking a better approach than to whip out the sabre and cut the man's throat. In this case I support the latter.

How many times do I have to repeat, I acknowledge the illegality of his actions? How many times do I have to repeat, he must be seperated from this region?

My only contention is that you learn something from the experience, rather than whip everyone into a frenzy, eject him and the completely FORGET about the experience.

Governments since time immemorial have learned lessons from rebellion by trying to understand the root cause of the rebellion. This is nothing more or nothing less than what I am suggesting. You may take this option or not. Your region's choice. But I would not be doing my job as either a Gryphon-Hospitaller or the Foreign Minister of an allied feeder if I did not give my honest, unvarnished assessment of the matter, and give the best advice I could to your region whether it is popular or not.

You could do much more poorly than to listen to Minister Monte Ozarka. She is not speaking with a dose of testosterone poisoning infecting her, like some here.

Do what you must to protect your region, that is your duty. The West Pacific wholeheartedly supports that, and I as FM support it. It is how you comport yourselves in this matter AFTER, that I caution you about.

~S

How many times do I have to repeat, I acknowledge the illegality of his actions? How many times do I have to repeat, he must be seperated from this region?

Excuse me Sir, but where do I say that I think it is wrong to negotiate? I merely said that I was suprised. I believe I also implied that something must be learnt from this - that the legal channels could perhaps become more rigid. No one can stop a Delegate from going rogue, but stop guards (even more than are found here) can be put in place as a deterrent. In fact Sir, it seems that we are of one mind, I just appear to have the cooler mind for thought and ability to interpret words.

Perhaps its time to revisit the role of the Delegate and grant them a little more say and power in the government!! I think this shows that keeping the Delegate in a lock-box away form the buttons and levers of the government breed more discontent than if they had something substantial to do in the region other than endo-tart!!

The system has worked well for previous Delegates, if you want to try and change the government look to the Regional Assembly or the position of Prime Minister.

My only contention is that you learn something from the experience, rather than whip everyone into a frenzy, eject him and the completely FORGET about the experience.

Well your previous position seemed to be that we should be trying to work with or negotiate with Dalimbar, so I don't think you can get angry when people question what you said.

How dare you disrupt the status quo you scoundrel. Just try ejecting me, tyrant! I've survived worse!
:lol: Yes, you have you former ADN Vice President.

I feel a sense of deja vue in the air of TNP. But there are distinct differences between the present situation and those in the past.

It's my hope that TNP can find it's way into a dynamic new future. Out of moments of conflict and chaos often comes the greatest opportunites for creativity. Creative solutions can bring suprisingly good results.

From TAO ...

We in TWP continue monitoring the activities in TNP with an open mind and support neither psrty in this argument but offer ourselves as agents for mediation in this current conflict.

The Delegate of TNP and the forum administrators appear to be at severe odds in a power struggle of sorts. Having already come through a government dilemma where a constitutionally impotent delegate took control, splintering the region and community into warring factions that, only with time, patience, and much effort all around were we able to create a more balanced governmental model, TWP watches in shock as key members controlling the forum seemingly jump at the chance to remove the delegate instead of dialoguing with him. This forces the besieged delegate to take his his verbal battle to the onsite using the only real power he has ... WFE control and BANJECTION. The next step is threats and in-fighting followed by more reactionary moves by all parties.

What TAO sees is a series of too-quickly enacted reactions that will set events into motion which will lead to this region once again being plunged into chaos and internal conflict. Everybody, IMO, needs to calm down and talk instead of react. Reactions, and especially drastic reactions, only make the situation worse and cause a cascade of community fracturing as people feel forced to select this side or that side. Fracturing will lead to (Max Forbid!!) a reinstatement of multiple TNP forums which will lead to a further destruction of the community here.

What TNP needs now is much less DRAMA and more CONVERSATION among the aggrieved parties. Either that or a concessions stand to feed all the spectators and a program to explain to everyone who inTNP is on whose side.

So, for the moment, TWP will wait and watch for signs that a mature government response (from either side) to the present crises will be forthcoming.

Calm negotiations are no fun

This game is dying. Lets not kid ourselves. There is time for one hurrah at best. Dali isn't doing it right. We need something like a sweeping revolution followed by a mass rise up as we as a group march across NS conquering for The Empire.

Its not the usual but imagine the activity

Back