Should The Peace Festival Come to TNP?

Joshua

TNPer
5_create_peace.jpg

I was the founder of The Exodus Peace Festival, and some of you probably have attended it. It is meant as a festival to celebrate and promote peace in NS. The idea being to bring a diverse group of NS nations together to discuss peace, what does it mean, how can we achieve and promote it.

Peace is a very important concept/idea to me, but is so vague and all encompassing. I have found that the festival in the past is a good way to flesh out the meaning of peace and it is interesting that for everyone the meaning of it differs just a little bit.

The festival was setup as one forum with various sub forums within it. One part was a place to register and to meet and greet with folks. And there you could also establish your own booth or shop. Which I found added more depth and a little more fun to the festival.

Another sub forum was a place to share literature that related to peace and the various ideals associated with the idea of peace.

Another was a place to post art, and express peace through a visual means.

Now the festival has been a moderate success in the past, and I was hoping to do put on another one in my old home of The Exodus, but things did not work out as I had planned. I felt we could add more depth and meaning to the festival. here were ideas I had proposed:

1. Set up a section that could be used to moderate an y international conflicts in NS.

2. Establish a board to oversee the running of the festival and this might help make it more successful.

3. Have the festival goers collectively write a UN resolution that would promote the various ideals of peace and submit it to the UN.

Those are just some ideas. And I am open to others and please give input. And ultimately the response from fellow TNPers will determine if this goes forward or not.

Urgh @ the UN idea. It's already doing enough damage to my nation. I can't see the problem with having the festival visit Magicality city though.

Why not take a look at the holiday legislation that ought to be coming to a vote in the RA shortly, and see if you can plan something in connection with whatever holiday would be coming up forst, one the legislation passes?

That way it would at least have some meaning in terms of TNP.

Why not take a look at the holiday legislation that ought to be coming to a vote in the RA shortly, and see if you can plan something in connection with whatever holiday would be coming up forst, one the legislation passes?

That way it would at least have some meaning in terms of TNP.
4. The twenty-fifth day of October shall be known as Freedom Day, and shall provide and occasion for Nations to reflect upon the importance of vigilance, and the role of each Nation in assuring the security and sovereignty of its neighbors, and of its region as a whole.

This seems the closest holiday. But, is a bit to far off I think. I like the freedom day holiday. Constitution day I am not sure is the best holiday for a big gala festival. And the one on May 26th, liberation day is just to soon.

I would like to hold the festival sooner if possible. Celebrating peace is always relevant. :D

Thank you for the input. :D

Indeed, imagine children without any ideas of blood, gore and violence. Who would want to live in such a world?

And where would Haor Chall sell its arms to if everybody was at peace? War is good for business.

Indeed, imagine children without any ideas of blood, gore and violence. Who would want to live in such a world?

And where would Haor Chall sell its arms to if everybody was at peace? War is good for business.
What a silly hippy I am. Trying to promote peace, toelrance and understanding. :lol:

While I appreciate and enjoy the banter. This thread was set up for the discussion of bringing the peace festival to this region. I was hoping for more of an actual discussion of this topic. :D

Personally, I would prefer a Peace Festival to a War Festival. :bunny:

And why not hold it May 26th?

We can get something together...
Call me anal rententive! :lol: A mere 9 days away. Until now I had always managed the festival on my own and it is a lengthy process. Setting up the forum and sub-forums, inviting folks from other regions and advertising the festival, and things like that.

And I will not be around during the efstival if we hold on May 26th and will not be around much to help set it up. Of course this tiem I plan on sharing the management of the festival with folks via committee. I would like to be around to help out and be apart of it. :D

I will be back around June 8th or so. How would July 1st work? I realize that is an arbitrary date, but what the heck! :lol:

Zemnaya Svoboda thank you for the input. Do you have interest in serving on the committee? :w00t: (I am very good at bribing folks!)

Hmm, in my experience these kind of things rarely work.

As for the UN resolution, not a good idea.
So scrap the UN resolution, fair enough. From past experience with this festival it has been a sucess and has drawn a very diverse crowd. Though I really would love input on how to make this festival a bigger sucess. :D

Back