Advise and Consent -- Associate Justices

I am obligated during the month preceding the beginning of the judicial terms of office, to nominate persons to serve on the Court of The North Pacific.

Mr Gaunt has expressed an interest in renomination to another term, Great Bights Mum has advise me of her intention to step down from the Court at the end of her term at the end of April.

I am nominating Freedom and Pride to that seat, and I am nominating Mr. Gaunt to another term as Associate Justice.

The Constitution requires a majority of the Cabinet to advise and consent to the nominations before they are submitted to the Regional Asssembly.

Please your endorsement of each nominaation in this thread.

Please, if you don't wish to advise and consent to a putative nominee, just say so. If either name is blocked, then that will give me an opportunity to propose a different name before these nominations go forward to the RA for a vote.

I'm not entirely sure of Freedom and Pride, although hard-working he is not especially well-liked in The West Pacific from what I've seen but since I stay out of The West I am not entirely sure this is.

Mr. Gaunt has my support.

Thoughts?

I'm withdrawing Freedom and Pride's name from consideration.

I therefore propose the nomination of Romanoffia for the second Associate Justice position. Roman has served the region as the Minister of Defense, Deputy Minister of Defense, and Deputy Minister of Justice and was the first elected Speaker of the Regional Assembly.

Does the Cabinet advise and consent to Romanoffia's nomination?

I would like to move both nominations to the Regional Assembly within a few days so the confirmation votes can be completed before the end of the month.

Although I do recognize I have no vote in these chambers, I do wish to state that the current nominees (that being Mr. Gaunt and Romanoffia) I believe are great choices.

It's has to keep track, so let's see where it stands at the momnt,

Mr. Gaunt -- (Haor Chall, Apollo-Industria, Byardkuria, Former English Colony, Southwest Asia, Grosseschnauzer Upper Kirby) (vote: 7-0) 1 not yet voted -- Mesian,

Romanoffia -- (Haor Chall, Former English Colony, Byardkuria, Grosseschnauzer. Upper Kirby, abstain Southwest Asia, (vote: 5-0-1) (2 not yet voted -- Apollo-Industria, Mesian,)

I heartily endorse this (these) product(s) or event(s) or support this (these) (those) person(s) mentioned (described) (nominated).

A majority of the Cabinet's voting members having voted to advise and consent to the nominations of Mr. Gaunt and Romanoffia to be Associate Justices of the Court of The North Pacific, for the term beginning on 1 May to 31 October 2007, these nominations will be forwarded to the Regional Assembly for confirmation.

Mr. Gaunt -- (Haor Chall, Apollo-In,dustria, Byardkuria, Former English Colony, Southwest Asia, Grosseschnauzer, Upper Kirby, Mesian, (vote: 8-0)

Romanoffia -- (Haor Chall, Former English Colony, Byardkuria, Grosseschnauzer. Upper Kirby, abstain Southwest Asia, Mesian, Apollo-Industria (vote: 7-0-1)

Edited to note A-I's late vote below.

Back