Question

Haor Chall

The Power of the Dark Side
TNP Nation
Haor Chall
Just a quick question, regarding the Diplomatic Corp. It's been, what, 3 weeks now and we've not seen anything happen. Does the MoEA intend to do anything with the DC and our embassies this term?

Hardly. :eyeroll: I don't intend to run for office again. As a member of the RA and the DC, I am concerned with the lack of activity in our Diplomatic Corp and just wanted to know what is happening (if anything).

What? This: "Dunno......... hang on a moment."? Wasn't much of an answer. And that was two weeks ago, there hasn't been a post in the DC forum since. And he hasn't responded to the sincere question here, despite having been online (and posted elsewhere) every day since this thread was first started.

Despite your misgivings the Ministry of External Affairs has been quite busy over the past few weeks. There have been discussions over the opening of consulates and embassies, one of which I chose to take to Cabinet for discussion, there have been continuing negotiations with the West Pacific about possible closer diplomatic ties. It has been good to talk with Eli about these matters. I have also been contacting our ambassadors individually to discuss their placements, to see whether they are happy with the regions they are assigned to, and to see whether our region could better be served by assignment elsewhere.

This last process is ongoing, and is nowhere near complete as I am choosing to do it by PM and IRC chat rather than by an open thread, but we are getting on with the job.

All this is in addition to one of the busiest periods in general cabinet activity that I can remember in months, and one of the liveliest legislative periods ever.

Please do not fall into the trap of "because I cannot see it, nothing is happening."

Well thats good to hear. It wasn't really misgivings, more a question as to what your intention was with regards to the DC, as nothing has been said about it, rather than general Ministry policy, etc. Because I can see the DC forum and I haven't heard/seen anything from you as far as being an ambassador goes. Thank you for addressing my query.

Yeah, sorry. I probably should have posted an update in my office. I will try to remember to do that in future.

Despite your misgivings the Ministry of External Affairs has been quite busy over the past few weeks. There have been discussions over the opening of consulates and embassies, one of which I chose to take to Cabinet for discussion, there have been continuing negotiations with the West Pacific about possible closer diplomatic ties. It has been good to talk with Eli about these matters. I have also been contacting our ambassadors individually to discuss their placements, to see whether they are happy with the regions they are assigned to, and to see whether our region could better be served by assignment elsewhere.

This last process is ongoing, and is nowhere near complete as I am choosing to do it by PM and IRC chat rather than by an open thread, but we are getting on with the job.

All this is in addition to one of the busiest periods in general cabinet activity that I can remember in months, and one of the liveliest legislative periods ever.

Please do not fall into the trap of "because I cannot see it, nothing is happening."
What he said.

Stole my post.

Back