Nomination for Minister of Defense

My fellow citizens of The North Pacific:

As many of you know, the office of Minister of Defense was not filled during the recent elections as none of the interested candidates were given an endorsement by the NPA in time before voting began.

As a result, it is the responsibility of the Prime Minister to submit a nominee for the office. That nominee must be confirmed by the Regional Assembly, and in the meantime, that nominee serves in the office on an acting basis.

The leadership of the NPA has notified me that sufficient endorsements have been made so that a nominee can be sent to the RA for ratification, and serve in the meantime as Acting Minister of Defense.

Accordingly, acting under my authority granted in Article III Section 5 Part 3 of the Constitution, I hereby nominate Romanoffia as Minister of Defense, and submit his nomination to the Regional Assembly for approval under a motion to confirm his nomination. Further, he is appointed as the acting Minister of Defense, pending the completion of the vote in the Regional Assembly.

Back