Interview with John Ashcroft Land

We have an Interview with John Ashcroft Land who is a newly elected Minister of Culture and Education.

Dont Pick It Up- Can you tell us why you choose to run for Minister of Culture and Education?

John Ashcroft Land - I felt that the Culture and Education Ministry was one that has traditionally been lacking. I'm sure it's not for a lack of trying, but I think I can bring fresh ideas to the Ministry.

DPIU- Why did you leave the race for prime minister?

JAL- Honestly, my chances of winning were slim to none, with a bias towards the none. That was obvious from the questions asked and comments made, as well as the strength of my opponents.

DPIU- A major issue that both you and Grosseschnauzer mention is the formation of the University. can you tell us what plans you have for the University?

JAL- The most difficult aspect of a University has been finding adequate professors. I'd like to give professors more control over how they teach their class (lecture vs seminar, grading, length of course, etc). In terms of what classes I'd like to see tought, I'm very open minded, although I'd like to see basics such as defending, invading, diplomacy, and journalism covered if at all possible. I also indicated in my platform that if I find people who would like to teach RL topics such as Physics (my topic) or economics, that could be done as well.

DPIU- How much of the university will focus on NationStates? How much will focus on real life topics?

JAL- Probably, more topics involving NS. Again, depends on how many people I can find to teach either RL or NS topics.

DPIU- Besides the University do you have any other plans for this term?

JAL- I've been brainstorming about a potential TNP Hall of Fame (members inducted by the RA) as well as more TNP holidays, similar to our "Liberation Day" from Great Bight's regime.

DPIU- Just out of curiosity, can you tell us why you chose Blue Wolf II as your Deputy?

JAL- BW is somebody I know to be very hard-working. He did build a premier raider region out of nothing, and that isn't exactly easy.

DPIU- Any closing remarks you would like to make to our readers?

JAL- My sig is going to be changing soon. I really need to stop making bets...

Back