On the beginning of my term as Prime Minister

My fellow citizens of The North Pacific:

Earlier today, I executed the oath of office as your Prime Minister. I am humbled by the mandate you have placed in my hands. On behalf of The North Pacific, I want to extend the thanks of a grateful region to Flemingovia for his service as Prime Minister. I look forward to working with him during this term as our Minister of External Affairs. I also look forward to working with the other newly=elected Ministers of the Cabinet,

I also want to extend the thanks of our region to the other members of the outgoing Cabinet who will not be continuing in office this term. Finally, I want to acknowledge the service that Unterwasserseestaat has given this region during the past six months as Vice Delegate and interim Delegate during the last transition. We are all grateful for your devoted service during these last six months.

It is time for us to get to work. There are problems that need to be addressed and I ask for the proactive participation of the Cabinet and the Regional Assembly in addressing those issues. I also ask for your proactive participation to finally bring a university based in The North Pacific to fruition.

Over the next few days, I will be asking honored members of our region to come together to work out a concrete plan to start that university and plot a course for its governance and development. What I believe is needed is a framework that is flexible as to organization, course offerings, scheduling, and focus. I will ask the commission to focus on what the starting point should be in offering courses and how to proceed from that pointin the future development of the university. I will ask the commission to complete its work as quickly as possible so that a final plan can be presented to the Regional Assembly for adoption before the end of December. I believe that a university can be a strong incentive for new and established players to participate in The North Pacific, and that is an important reason to accomplish this goal as quickly as practicable.

I also intend to play a proactive role as Prime Minister in the Regional Assembly. My observation of the terms of past Prime Ministers is that such participation expedites the work of the Regional Assembly. There are several areas where I believe action by the Regional Assembly is called for.

We also need to address the repercussions of those recent events surrounding the state of affairs concerning the Lexicon. I will ask the appropriate Ministers to work together with me to address those matters swiftly and without unnecessary delay.

The future course of The North Pacific rests in your hands, my fellow citizens, more than it does in mine. I will do my best, and I ask each of you to do the same. That is the TNP way. Thank you.

Back