lexicon (yet again)

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
A quote from TGR's(=the Truth) application to the RA:

If the rules of wartime no longer apply, as I believe, and we are trying to get back to normality, I formally apply.

Here is a question. We have had several applications from lexiconian players/nations recently. The Lexicon still considers itself to be in a state of war with us, and actively working to bring about regime change in our region - a state condemned by all the feeders.

We have heard NOTHING from the lexicon to suggest that they are not, and will not, be engaging in continued action of this kind.

Our declaration of war ending a few months ago was a declaration that we would no longer wage war. It does not automatically mean that the rules of wartime no longer apply, since they are still committed to our overthrow. We have had absolutely no assurances from the Lexicon at all.

So a question to you all, because I would like some guidance, and I am sure Limi would as well as MOIIA.

Should we, before assurances are received, be acting as if "the rules of wartime no longer apply" and be "trying to get back to normality"?

I think this should no longer be just a processing by the MOIIA, but a matter of cabinet decision, and I ask Limi no longer to process applications from Lexiconians until a cabinet decision is reached.

me:
I think this should no longer be just a processing by the MOIIA, but a matter of cabinet decision, and I ask Limi no longer to process applications from Lexiconians until a cabinet decision is reached.

Limi, I note that three hours after this was posted you approved the RA application of "the Truth". Please can you post your reason for ignoring this request for cabinet approval before processing any more lexicon applications.

Last time I looked I was still Prime minister, the head of the regional government, and the MOIIA's duties are to administer RA registrations in conjunction and with the support of, the Prime Minister (section 3c)

last I checked all nations in the region were given the right to vote and equal and fair protection of that right to vote.

I am not all that bothered myself, but we need a response to this rash of applications.
Here comes the voter flood from the lexicon again (yet again). I think that since they are operating under the paradigm that they are at war with us, then it is entirely appropriate that applications for RA status by citizens of The Lexicon are entirely out of the question. What if we all went over and tried the same in their region? They wouldn't stand for it now, would they?

I concur in spades with Mr. Sniffles' most appropriate analysis of how we should deal with The Lexicon. :clap:

From Grosse:

Article II Section 3- Clause 2)- It's been used in the past to review voter applications; and the grounds flem is raising are IMHO appropriate ones to use under that provision.

2) The UN Delegate for The North Pacific, the Prime Minister, any Cabinet Minister, any deputy Cabinet minister, and the Attorney General shall act only in the best interests of the Region. Should any Regional Assembly member believe that the actions of the Delegate, the Prime Minister, or any other official in the Regional Government are inappropriate, or would serve the Region better if enacted as permanent law, that Nation may draft a petition, describing the action taken, to be signed by at least one other member, and then posted in a appropriate thread in the Regional off-site forum for the Prime Minister's office. The Cabinet shall review all such petitions. After deciding on the proper action to be taken, whether it is to overturn that action or to adopt that action as permanent law, the Cabinet shall put its decision up for a referendum of the Regional Assembly. If a majority vote is cast by the Regional Assembly (with a quorum of voters participating) in favor of ratification of the Cabinet's decision, it shall be carried out immediately.

How about, quite simply: No lexiconians allowed.

Not no war enemies, not no assholes, or anything.

Just absolutely no Lexiconians!

Forced to resurrect this thread, in my capacity as MOEA.

I Was a bit disturbed by the thread created by the LExiconian Katinaire in the courtroom (referenced HERE (CLICKY) where he seemed to suggest that TNP and the Lexicon were still de facto at war.

I was prepared to put this down to an individuals shit-stirring, but I thought I would query on IRC Kaltinaire's assertion that "the Lexicon ... may still be at war with the TNP since no official treaty has been signed from what I understand."

Here is the response I got from another Lexiconian, Baltija. I have edited it only to edit out a couple of Queries I did, which showed in the log the IP addresses of players. The Bolding is also mine:

[16:00] *** Signoff: Gaspo (cosmos.esper.net anger.esper.net)
[16:09] *** Mode change "+v Baltija" for channel #TNP by flemingovia
[16:09] *** Mode change "+v meri" for channel #TNP by flemingovia
[16:15] <Baltija> Thank you flem
[16:15] <Baltija> Are where any limits for your kindness?
[16:15] <flemingovia> You are welcome. 
[16:15] <flemingovia> Yes. Y
[16:15] <flemingovia> You do not get opped. 
[16:15] * Baltija is upset
[16:15] <flemingovia> Why does Kaltinaire think the Lexicon is at war with TNP?
[16:16] <Baltija> Who's Kaltinaire?
[16:16] <flemingovia> Lexiconian
[16:16] <Baltija> I don't know him
[16:16] * flemingovia shrugs
[16:17] <flemingovia> my player having a nation in the Lexicon which apparently may still be at war with the TNP since no official treaty has been signed from what I understand.
[16:17] <Baltija> Well, yes
[16:18] <Baltija> Technically we're still at war

[16:18] <flemingovia> Are we? I thought both sides had declared the war over? 
[16:18] <flemingovia> IS this the official Lexiconian position. 
[16:18] <flemingovia> ?
[16:18] <Baltija> We haven't signed any documents ending war
[16:19] <flemingovia> I Am the MOEA of TNP, so it would be useful for me to know if the Lex considers the war still to be on. 
[16:19] <Baltija> I don't think we need to sign any documents. We haven't done anything against TNP for a while now
[16:20] <flemingovia> If you aand Kaltinaire share this attitude, is it a general opinion in the Lexicon?
[16:20] <Baltija> I can't speak for The Lexicon
[16:20] <flemingovia> I realise that, I was asking whether it was a prevalent opinion?
[16:21] <Baltija> Ummm
[16:21] <Baltija> Well, what can I say is that most of us just carry on

[16:21] <Baltija> I can nudge SDixie and maybe we can have formal peace treaty
[16:22] <flemingovia> If Lexiconians are going to come onto the TNP forum and state that we are still in a state of war, you can understand how that would disturb Tnpers? No?
[16:22] <Baltija> Yeah, I guess so
[16:23] <Baltija> But I can't imagine this happening
[16:26] <flemingovia> Well, it comes down to a question of whether the Lexicon would feel it morally OK to take another opportunity such as that offered by Limitless Events. If you considered yourself in a state of war with us, whether active or not, you would think it OK to take such an opportunity. If you considered yourselves in a state of peace, you might choose not to take the opportunity. 
[16:27] <flemingovia> So it is a pertinent question whether the lexicon community considers itself to be in a state of war with TNP. 
[16:32] <flemingovia> Hello? 
[16:36] <Baltija> Hi
[16:36] <Baltija> I understand what you mean
[16:36] <Baltija> But I can't do anything
*** You have been marked as being away.
*** You are no longer marked as being away.
[16:49] <flemingovia> Ok. Thanks. At least I now know that there is an opinion among some lexiconians that we are still in a technical state of war, at least. That is .... informative. 
[16:49] <meri> wasnt there a declaration of peace?
[16:50] <meri> no flem
[16:50] <flemingovia> [16:18] <Baltija> Technically we're still at war <-- Looky. 

Now I realise that these two individuals do not represent in any way the opinions of the government, nor have they any official clout, but there does seem to be an attitude in the Lexicon community that, although the war is no longer being actively waged, the war is still not over, since a peace treaty has not been signed.

It is also possible that, should they decide to pull another Limi and move against our region, the lack of a formal peace treaty could be used to justify such an action.

Thoughts?

Actually, I have to agree that there is neither a state of formal war nor formal peace with the Lexicon. Flem, if you go back and look at this motion that the Cabinet approved by a 7-1 vote, here just 10 days ago:

3. The Cabinet affirns that while a state of declared war does not currently exist, there is evidence that leads the Cabinet to believe that an undeclared state of conflict exists and that these hostilities continue to be waged by the Lexicon and its allies against The North Pacific.

So I would think that the two sides actually agree on that point. And the procedures the Cabinet adopted in that motion concerning any inquiries or invetigations of any new RA applicants is based upon that determination of fact.

I would like to see the MIIA and the other authorities of the government that may have information concerning new RA applicants (the MoEA, the MoD, the AG, the NPIA) communicate with each other and then, when the information is compiled, consult with both myself and the rest of the Cabinet if any information indicates a problem with an applicant.

So...how long are we planning to extend hostilities and persecution of The Lexicon?
BW, you are making a false assumption.

First, TNP did not attempt to subvert an officeholder in the Lexicon and plot to sneak people in to seize the Lexicon Delegacy; it was the Lexicon subverting an official of the TNP government, and attempting to sneak people into TNP to seize the TNP Delegacy; and second, TNP did not attempt to interfere with the internal affaors of the Lexicon in a vote on a proposal affecting their fundamental laws; it was the Lexicon interfering in TNP's internal affairs.(And that doesn't even get to the disclosure of private information that was also involved. Why they did that I'll leave for you to think about,

The war was their idea, the continued condlict was their idea, and the state of conflict continues until they convincingly and permanently cease and detist from the same sort of conduct they've engaged in for months.

Your question presumes that TNP started it, when the record is quite clear this was started and continued by the Lexicon.

Back