The West Pacific

*nods*

I apologise for interferring, it was far too hasty of me. I would be happy for the nearest admin or mod to remove my posts, if it isn't too much trouble.

~ Nekront

OK newbie, except you. Why? Because it hasn't been even a month since you quit, and I'm sure people still apreaciate your opinions.

Mushy enought. Now sit.

Perhaps the solution to the desire of the two sides in the current TWP dispute to communicate with the residents of TNP might be this:

Allow each side to open an "interest section: within an Embassy or Consulate loated at our forums. The region that hosts each interest section would agree to be responsible for that interest section (in terms of moderation and assuring that behavior goes not get out of hand.) The use of interest sections for this reason is in fact contemplated by Article II Section 4 of the Constitution.
E - Provisions for the establishment of embassies, consulates, and interest sections by treaty or agreement shall be established in the North Pacific Legal Code. Such provisions of law may provide for establishment of consulates or interest sections on request of another region or multi-regional organization, but no embassy may be established except by a formal treaty or agreement.
TNP Law 9, section 2 in part provides that:
G - Interest Sections do not require any Alliance/Treaty/Agreement documents, and may be established by a region having an embassy or a consulate to represent the interests of some other region that does not currently maintain diplomatic, political or military relationship with The North Pacific. Establishment of a Interest Section does not create a diplomatic, political or military relationship, but merely facilitates the ability of the region hosting the Interest Section in its Embassy or Consulate to represent the interest of some other region.

Severing the ability of EWP residents from being able to communicate with TNP is not the way invisioned by our Declaration of Rights. The current Cabinet's position may well be changed as the result of our elections within a couple of weeks, so our electorate ought to have access to this information during the pre-election and voting period.

I would bet that each side would be able to find a host region for an interest section at an Embassy or Consulate already opened within these forums.

As I said (I think) I'm quite happy for this disscussion to continue here. Indeed I welcome the thoughts of all parties involved in TWP, if anything it provides all the members of The North Pacific with all sides of the debate.

However, a seperate thread could well be required if our members are to discuss The North Pacifics thoughts on this, without interruption.

I have closed The West Pacific Embassy, both because we have no official treaty with any representatives from TWP, and because I wish to head off any arguments about who has the most right to most there. I would be happy to open up interest sections for any party involved (within reason, not like one per nation :)), should they wish it.

In an interesting development I understand that Moldavi (under the nom de guerre "the that called Vlad) has had his account suspended on the West Pacific Forum for posting smilie images of Adolf Hitler, to the great offence of many.

Let's see if Eli overturns the Admin's decision.

I did notice yet another threat of legal action on an NS forum.

I wonder how long it is until someone really tries to get their lawyers involved.

I believe the "smiley" was posted after some others made reference to the likelihood that Eli had a moustache!! Which, could be construed as a comparison to Hitler!!

I also wonder how many of those so appalled by this were the ones labelling others "Hitler" during the NPD reign!!

I guess Hitler is only offensive if used against certain people!! Seeing as this smiley was directed at nobody, I wonder how anyone could be so offended as to threaten legal action!! As far as I am aware there is no law in the US banning such an image and I'm not aware of one anywhere else!! Nazi images are banned in Germany as far as I know, not sure about unshaven smilies!!

Do these people threaten to sue a newspaper if they use an image of Hitler in a new article about him?! There was one in the Sunday paper here a few weeks back with 3 pictures of him!!

I believe the "smiley" was posted after some others made reference to the likelihood that Eli had a moustache!! Which, could be construed as a comparison to Hitler!!

There was nothing candid about it, Polts. It was very obvious what they were suggesting.

I find it embarassing on an OOC level that certain people would take an obvious joke in a game that was a direct response to being labelled as Hitler/a Nazi to this level.

For the first time in over three years I am considering quitting this game.

I know exactly what they have been doing and are doing now, Fedele!! Their behaviour has been apalling and their desire to feign offense in order to gain points in-game is pthtic but typical of people these days!!

*Poltsamaa stops short of a full-scale rant agains political correctness and victim mentalities!!

Be thankful I did!! ;)

46mj.png

A whole load of people were just put on Moderator preview by 'GiE' admin Berhamphore (BeerHam ;))
Seems that Freedom of Speech isn't as important as they made out.

For the benefit of someone who's been out of the game for about a year such sa myself, can anyone explain the basis of the userite/feederite thing? The impression I'm getting is one of non-NS forum people versus people who disagree with external forums. If that's the case then I have to argue against those who disagree with external forums, as surely saying that UN votes for the delegate should be the decider ignores that fact that in that case, not many nations will have any idea about who the delegate and their country are. Maybe it's just me.

Userites are people in user created regions, Feederites are people who reside in a feeder region!! Thats a general decription...has nothing to do with forums!!

The Pacific seems to look down or fowns upon userite regions. I believe Sir Pual or someone there wrote a very good article on userite vs. feederite.

I believe Unlimited is teaching a course on Francoism in their University.

My understanding (which is hardly expert) of the concept is that it boils down to something like this: Feederites are those that are devoted to strengthening the Feeders, whereas Userites are those who are devoted to using the resources of Feeders (i.e the constant influx of new nations) to strengthen user-created regions.

Depending on who you ask, it's either a magnificent, grand social theory that explains a lot about NS, or it's simply a piece of PRP propaganda to justify having tight controls on the leadership of the Feeders. I, personally, just enjoy calling people Userites.

The simplest way i can put it:

A person who takes residence in a user created region is a userite.

A person who takes residence in a feeder is a feederite.

Virtual Boy:
Can anyone explain the basis of the userite/feederite thing?"

If I may:
Proper Francoist Thought:
Class

Francoism is based off of a single and very simple concept - class. It is class consciousness and struggle that creates Francoism within regions, and indeed, it can even be said that it is this that makes the emergence of Francoism and Francoist revolutions in the Pacifics inevitable. It is upon class that all further Francoist political theory, as well as the actions of Francoist and Francoist Pacifics, are based.

The two classes recognised by Francoist Thought are the Feederites, who are the nations of their respective Pacific and seek to harness and work with the means of production (namely the Pacific region itself), and the Userites, who seek to exploit its fruits; by exploiting both the nations of the Pacific and the political structure set up within it to further their own political, military and social power. These two classes, as will be obvious to anyone, are completely incompatible since their interests lie in two completely separate directions. It is this conflict of interests that has shaped every epoch of the Pacifics, from the imperialism of the Atlantic Central Command, which seeked to control them for military recruitment and United Nations votes, to the present day neo-imperialism of the Alliance Defence Network, which, while using the tactics of deception, propaganda and indoctrination as well as brute military force, seeks the same end in political and military weight. It is when the Feederites realise this indisputable conflict that class consciousness goes from political theory to political reality, which invariably leads to the loyal Feederites becoming Francoists, which in turn invariably leads to a Francoist revolution within the Pacific.
Cite

Proper Francoist Thought:
Class

Francoism is based off of a single and very simple concept - class. It is class consciousness and struggle that creates Francoism within regions, and indeed, it can even be said that it is this that makes the emergence of Francoism and Francoist revolutions in the Pacifics inevitable. It is upon class that all further Francoist political theory, as well as the actions of Francoist and Francoist Pacifics, are based.

The two classes recognised by Francoist Thought are the Feederites, who are the nations of their respective Pacific and seek to harness and work with the means of production (namely the Pacific region itself), and the Userites, who seek to exploit its fruits; by exploiting both the nations of the Pacific and the political structure set up within it to further their own political, military and social power. These two classes, as will be obvious to anyone, are completely incompatible since their interests lie in two completely separate directions. It is this conflict of interests that has shaped every epoch of the Pacifics, from the imperialism of the Atlantic Central Command, which seeked to control them for military recruitment and United Nations votes, to the present day neo-imperialism of the Alliance Defence Network, which, while using the tactics of deception, propaganda and indoctrination as well as brute military force, seeks the same end in political and military weight. It is when the Feederites realise this indisputable conflict that class consciousness goes from political theory to political reality, which invariably leads to the loyal Feederites becoming Francoists, which in turn invariably leads to a Francoist revolution within the Pacific.
Cite
Ah.

Greetings,

I have been scanning this topic since I got here (a little over 5 min ago) I would like to offer any assisstance I can in these talks. If you have any questions or comments I would be happy to oblige.

CI :ph34r:

P.S.

Please forgive me if this was meant only for natives to participate in

Well, to serve as official notice, the GiE appointed me as official consul/ambassador to TNP. So I can answer any questions.

Woudl an embassy or consuloate be in order?

Freedom and pride, your special interest section is here.

Clockwork Isle, if you tell me what you want your section to be called I will create it for you as soon as I can.

I think it should be called "The West Pacific Government Special Interest Section" . I am the official rep from the new government to you. If you want please pop by http://twp.nosync.org/ I also notice you have a consulate there I hope we can help you in any way possible! :ph34r:

Back