Tangents!

I can't wait until this weekend! I get to paint my own room (cranberry since my roommate requested it and I think it'll be ok), build a loft, and buy a futon. Damn my room is going to be "off the hook".

YO!!!....pimp yo room ya'll....I'm down with the mofo's in de hood....that'll be sick....

I think that is the correct and appropriate vernacular response to the use of "off the hook"...Yes???

Phew, just sent a fire and brimstone preacher on the message board packing. :)

And I made a friend! :D

If you seek to bring people to the Lord I think you should have a good hard look at the message you are preaching. As a believer in Christ myself I find it to be more ostracizing and about fear mongering than anything. Statements like, "Afraid? You should be. Eternity is an awfully long time to burn." and "There's no hope for you. You're condemned to hell, and God is just for sending you there because you've sinned." are no way to encourage those who are uninformed or unsure about Jesus' message which is one of love.

Which was basically what I posted too. What a cool person! :cool:

Disclaimer.....1)this is a peronal rant.....2)Any use of the term he or his in reference to a god are purely for simplicity...rather than an expression of belief in a masculine god....3)because I reference a particular belief system does not mean I subscribe to it...

I get so sick of the whole judeo-christianic thing....in fact any religion that makes the claim of being the only true path is plainly nonsensical....It implies that a totally compassionate god could be exclusive....surely if their god is omnipresent he is all-inclusive....if he is everywhere and in everything then how can anything not be a part of him.....
And surely if he is as all-compassionate as they claim then how could he allow anyone to not enter into heaven/paradise/nirvana etc...
If JC died so that everyones sins are forgiven....then that's all sins forgiven...no one goes to hell...yes???
yet they still wander around judging people...tsk tsk....I sometimes wonder if they have even read the bible...

Judge not lest ye be judged....etc...

You're supposed to capitalize "He" and "Him" when referring to God. :P

in fact any religion that makes the claim of being the only true path is plainly nonsensical

All religions claim to be the one true path because they want you on their rosters.

It implies that a totally compassionate god could be exclusive....surely if their god is omnipresent he is all-inclusive....if he is everywhere and in everything then how can anything not be a part of him.....

Not all people lead good lives, and those people do not deserve heaven or enlightenment. I don't believe in double predestination, heaven and hell, it is easier to swallow single predestination, either you are redeemed or you rot in the ground. We are all a part of God, though we are still bad people sometimes and face judgement because of it.

And surely if he is as all-compassionate as they claim then how could he allow anyone to not enter into heaven/paradise/nirvana etc...

Again, all people do not lead a good life. I tend to agree that generally good people should not fear, but some people don't belong in Heaven. That anyone is saved is a show of great compassion because most religions agree that no man is worthy of heaven/paradise/nirvana.

If JC died so that everyones sins are forgiven....then that's all sins forgiven...no one goes to hell...yes???

Not quite. You have to follow the teachings of Jesus in order to have lead a good enough life to deserve salvation.

yet they still wander around judging people...tsk tsk....I sometimes wonder if they have even read the bible...

Judge not lest ye be judged....etc...

Yes they certainly do, and it irritates me. That is why I replied to the person on the message board. S/he was trying to gain converts through fear, rather than through the real teachings of Christ. They said that all people were evil and not worthy of salvation, a point on which I beg to differ and makes them look as if they think they are the select few, which is fairly judgemental since they do not know of anyone's life but their own.

I believe that religion in and of itself is pure, but unfortunately people twist it to suit their needs. A lot of what Christ said should be read and incorporated into our daily lives, the teachings are a good solid moral compass. It just pisses me off when people twist the Bible to justify whatever it is they need to fill their boring vacuous lives with meaning.

It just pisses me off when people twist an online role playing game to justify whatever it is they need to fill their boring vacuous lives with meaning.

DD (re-rendered)

Another HERO:

index_r3_c1.jpg

Another RACIST:

al_franken_suit_and_tie.jpg

It depends, person to person. Some present only a lie to all, some present half-truths to tempt, others are brutally honest and they are lies on the inside

My roommate may have made it with his dream girl, how cute. I just wish he would have told me he wouldn't be back for a while so I could have some privacy. For stuff. With a girl. :shifty:

Back