Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The North Pacific!
Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful.

The North Pacific is one of the oldest and most powerful regions in NationStates. We pride ourselves on our strong democracy, openness, and transparency.

The region is affectionately called TNP. TNP is home to over 4,000 nations, called TNPers, and we are always looking for more to join us. We are glad to see you here and hope you decide become a TNPer yourself!

As a new arrival, you may be bewildered with everything that is going on. We understand, and for this reason, we have prepared this quick introduction to TNP. Unpack your bags, make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay :) .

First step: register an account

Please do not register more than one account on the forum. If you are not happy with the account you have created and want to change the name, reach out to an administrator.

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. This means that you can only view some of the forum areas, and you cannot participate in any of them. To be able to join in or even see most of the things we will describe below, you will need to register an account. This is a quick and easy process that you can start by clicking here.

Our Government

The North Pacific is a constitutional democracy. We have a constitution, a bill of rights, and a legal code, which you can read here. Our government has four branches:

The Legislature consists of the Regional Assembly (RA), which votes to enact and amend legislation. Discussions in the RA are moderated by the Speaker, who is elected from among the RA members, and their Deputies. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the RA.

The Executive consists of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, the Cabinet of Ministers, and the Executive Staff. The Delegate and Vice Delegate are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The Ministers are appointed by the Delegate, and each one of them manage their own staff. Together, the Executive runs the day-to-day affairs of the government. Broad areas the Executive is responsible for include home affairs, foreign affairs, World Assembly affairs, communications, culture, and our military. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the Executive Staff and work in one of the Ministries.

The Judiciary consists of a single court, which has two Associate Justices and one Chief Justice. All Justices are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The court can authoritatively answer questions of law, void actions of other officials that have been brought for review, and decide criminal cases. Interacting with the Judiciary is the Attorney General, also elected by the RA, who serves as the chief prosecutor in criminal trials and as legal counsel to the Executive.

The Security Council is generally considered as a separate branch. It is a body of members that monitor the region for security purposes. They help protect the in-game delegacy, help with delegacy transitions during elections, and also provide a mechanism of response in the case of an illegal in-game delegate. They are accountable to the RA.

You can find a list of current government officials here.

Ways to Get Involved

The best way to start getting involved is to apply for citizenship. Citizenship allows you to access all forum areas and join the various government and community activities. The application process should be easy and fast, and the only prerequisite is having a nation in the region. Once you are a citizen, you will also be eligible to vote and be a candidate in elections for the various government offices, such as Delegate and Vice Delegate - there is an election roughly every two months.

If the description of the government has enticed you, you should definitely consider contributing in the various branches! As a citizen, you can take part in the Regional Assembly, where you can legislate and scrutinize the government. You can also apply to join the Executive Staff, and get involved in any Ministry that interests you.

If you would like to poke around the forum and interact with our community before deciding to become a citizen, you should register your residency. Once you do so, you will be able to access most of the areas of this forum and join the various other activities. Here is a sample:

You can participate in our Role Play section, where you can write the story of your nation, interact with your neighbours on The North Pacific map, and join the Democratic Union.

You can drop by our World Assembly section, to discuss resolutions at vote, draft your own resolutions, and determine how our WA Delegate represents us in the World Assembly.

If you want to experience and learn about the military gameplay, one of the most exciting aspects of the game, you can enlist in the North Pacific Army and start serving TNP as a proud soldier!

Questions?

If you have more questions, you can check for answers in the The North Pacific FAQs. The Yellow Pages in particular provide a comprehensive guide to the region in a single thread.

If you cannot find the answer to your questions there, or if you are having any trouble with the forum, you can contact our forum administrators and global moderators here.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bootsie's Security Council Application
Topic Started: Jun 9 2018, 04:14 AM (540 Views)
Deropia
Member Avatar

Bootsie has applied to rejoin the Security Council. As there is a standing nomination for the applicant that has not been revoked, the Chair presents the application to the Regional Assembly for confirmation.
Edited by Deropia, Jun 9 2018, 04:15 AM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Ambassador to [region]The South Pacific[/region] and
[region]Taijitu[/region]

Office of the Speaker of the Regional Assembly Staff

Vice Delegate
Deputy Attorney General
Posted Image
Formerly...

NPA Special Forces Captain
Posted Image
Posted Image-Posted Image-Posted Image
Posted Image-Posted Image-Posted Image
Posted Image-Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wonderess
Member Avatar

I'm sure there is no objection as long as lapses in activity are not ongoing. Full support!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

RP Nation: The Sutherland Federation

Bobberino
Member Avatar
man with a plan

100% support.
Lieutenant (LT) in the North Pacific Army (OP count: 38)
TNP Nation: Bobberino

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Executive Staff in Communications, World Assembly Affairs

Artemis
Member Avatar

I have a question for the applicant: can you assure the Regional Assembly that you will not let your citizenship and therefore you position on the Security Council again without giving notice?
Former Minister of Culture
Former Deputy Minister of Graphic Design

Posted Image

Limerick1
Member Avatar

I support bootsies admittance as long as there are no absences without warning.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Current Positions

Former Positions

Campaign Logos

Legal Compendium

Legal Disclaimer
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SillyString
Member Avatar
inFECted

Artemis
Jun 9 2018, 11:19 AM
I have a question for the applicant: can you assure the Regional Assembly that you will not let your citizenship and therefore you position on the Security Council again without giving notice?

To be fair, SC members are not required to maintain citizenship - they are the only government officials exempted from that requirement.

I do echo the sentiment about absence though. Bootsie, can you explain what happened with this disappearance?

Crushing Our Enemies
Member Avatar

Personally, after a lapse in activity, I like to see some activity for a while before putting them back on council. This was an issue that was discussed the last time we appointed Bootsie to the council, and he gave us assurances then that his membership would not lapse. Granted, he kept that promise for a while, but it's worth pointing out that Bootsie disappeared in the middle of a campaign for delegate, which requires more activity than anyone else in the region. Regardless of what happened, I, for one, am not going to be satisfied with promises. I want to see actual activity for a while first.
Posted Image
Helpful LinksLegal Reference
Apply for Citizenship
Changes in TNP Nation
How a Bill Becomes a Law
RA Voting History Tool
Constitution
Legal Code
Bill of Rights
Regional Assembly Rules
Speaker's Standing Procedures

Bootsie
Member Avatar

Artemis

I will make sure that my activity is maintained so that my citizenship and Security Council membership are maintained. My issue I think, is overloading myself, so I will just have my SC membership (if you guys vote me in) and I'll help out in the Executive Staff

SillyString
Jun 9 2018, 01:35 PM
Artemis

To be fair, SC members are not required to maintain citizenship - they are the only government officials exempted from that requirement.

I do echo the sentiment about absence though. Bootsie, can you explain what happened with this disappearance?

I panicked. I saw the walls crashing down around me, and well, I blamed myself. I saw that The North Pacific was better without me. After a week or so, I wanted to come back, but I felt as though after my selfish act, I'd never be accepted back into this community. I was also going through some real-life crap, and that really didn't help anything.

Crushing Our Enemies
Jun 9 2018, 02:11 PM
Personally, after a lapse in activity, I like to see some activity for a while before putting them back on council. This was an issue that was discussed the last time we appointed Bootsie to the council, and he gave us assurances then that his membership would not lapse. Granted, he kept that promise for a while, but it's worth pointing out that Bootsie disappeared in the middle of a campaign for delegate, which requires more activity than anyone else in the region. Regardless of what happened, I, for one, am not going to be satisfied with promises. I want to see actual activity for a while first.

And actual activity you will see, COE. I have begun my tarting and will be assisting in the Executive Staff as I readjust to being back. Keep in mind, my Council position was lapsed only one day before I returned. I have been more active than many of my fellow Councillors over the years of my service, and just missed the cutoff to keep my spot. I understand your frustration, honestly, I'm ashamed to come back and face you all under these circumstances. I owe it to my region to serve on this Council, though.

EDIT: I have since finished tarting.
Edited by Bootsie, Jun 9 2018, 07:05 PM.

Owenstacey
Member Avatar

Bootsie, you have made a habit of leaving without notice and have just disappeared, sometimes have even done it whilst in public office. So how can we be sure that this wonít happen again?
Past and Present Positions

Excecutive Staff

NPA Awards

Bootsie
Member Avatar

Owenstacey
Jun 10 2018, 07:54 AM
Bootsie, you have made a habit of leaving without notice and have just disappeared, sometimes have even done it whilst in public office. So how can we be sure that this wonít happen again?
I am committed to serving my region, especially in the office of Security Councillor. I am willing to provide my fellow Councillors and RP Moderators with my email or other contact information in case this happens again, but I donít want it to as much as you donít.

The only time I see leaving my region again is when I decide to officially retire from this game, and that will be done formally and at least after I celebrate ten years with the game.

Lord Lore
Member Avatar
Architect of Pandemonium

Since I was not around for the time when Bootsie was recommended I would like to state that despite our many disagreements I support their application. And their history of random inactivity is fairly minor even among the SC. Hell we keep letting R3n back on.
Former Positions

Current Positions

Current and Former Regions

Nations List

Owenstacey
Member Avatar

Bootsie
Jun 10 2018, 11:29 AM
Owenstacey
Bootsie, you have made a habit of leaving without notice and have just disappeared, sometimes have even done it whilst in public office. So how can we be sure that this won't happen again?
I am committed to serving my region, especially in the office of Security Councillor. I am willing to provide my fellow Councillors and RP Moderators with my email or other contact information in case this happens again, but I donít want it to as much as you donít.

The only time I see leaving my region again is when I decide to officially retire from this game, and that will be done formally and at least after I celebrate ten years with the game.
You say that you are committed to the Security Council and I am not questioning this but I do have another concern. As a security Councillor, you should be regularly endotarting in order to remain over the 500 endo minimum in order to protect the Delegate, however, how do you explain your reasons for the lack of this in your time as SC because your membership lapsed. This is because on March 2nd, endorsement records show that you only endorsed 460 WA nations. This only improved when you decided and announced your running for office. This is material of your lack of activity whilst a SC and therefore how can we know that you will be active enough to maintain this. This lack of endorsements given shows your lack of activity more recently and is why I don't believe that you would be right to be an SC unless you can give solid reasons why, because In my opinion, it looks as if a Security Councillor only started endotarting after March 2nd to facilitate a run for Delegate, which is not something you would want to see in a councillor.
For people wondering, I got the endorsement record from here.
Edited by Owenstacey, Jun 11 2018, 11:03 AM.

Excecutive Staff

NPA Awards

Dinoium
Member Avatar
Deputy Minister of Communications

Crushing Our Enemies
I agree as Bootsie hasn't re-new her citizenship and hasn't been very active after the election but Bootsie does meet the requirements, 500+ Endorsements, a lot of regional influence, and a former governemnt position..
Edited by Dinoium, Jun 11 2018, 11:26 AM.
Dinoium
Posted Image
Posted Image
Previous, Current Positions, and Ribbons

Campaign Buttons
Laws
Constituion
Legal Code
Bill of Rights
Regional Assembly Rules
Election Commission Rules
The Voting Booth/Voting Rules
Want to become a Citizen?
Citizen Application
Want to be part of our Government?
Application for Executive Staff
Want to set up a embassy?
Embassy Requirements
Post your Embassy Request here
Want to get lots of endorsements in one day?
Endorse The North Pacific
Want to fight the fascist regions, defend The North Pacific, detag regions, and help delegation transfer of our allies?
The North Pacific Army Sign up

Bootsie
Member Avatar

Lord Lore
Jun 11 2018, 05:32 AM
Since I was not around for the time when Bootsie was recommended I would like to state that despite our many disagreements I support their application. And their history of random inactivity is fairly minor even among the SC. Hell we keep letting R3n back on.

Thank you, Lore.

Owenstacey
Jun 11 2018, 07:38 AM
Bootsie
Jun 10 2018, 11:29 AM
Owenstacey
Bootsie, you have made a habit of leaving without notice and have just disappeared, sometimes have even done it whilst in public office. So how can we be sure that this won't happen again?

You say that you are committed to the Security Council and I am not questioning this but I do have another concern. As a security Councillor, you should be regularly endotarting in order to remain over the 500 endo minimum in order to protect the Delegate, however, how do you explain your reasons for the lack of this in your time as SC because your membership lapsed. This is because on March 2nd, endorsement records show that you only endorsed 460 WA nations. This only improved when you decided and announced your running for office. This is material of your lack of activity whilst a SC and therefore how can we know that you will be active enough to maintain this. This lack of endorsements given shows your lack of activity more recently and is why I don't believe that you would be right to be an SC unless you can give solid reasons why, because In my opinion, it looks as if a Security Councillor only started endotarting after March 2nd to facilitate a run for Delegate, which is not something you would want to see in a councillor.
For people wondering, I got the endorsement record from here.

The optimal way of tarting is that every day at update, you go in, endorse those people, and it be like 10-15 nations. Unfortunately, many times Iím either working or just forget, so youíll notice my endocount is very wave-like. My endorsement count has not dropped below 584, which was the lowest I could find, however, you must keep in mind that that followed my highest ďwaveĒ of endorsements, at nearly 1000 endorsements.

According to the rules of the SC, I have not done anything wrong. Activity aside, Iíve maintained the necessary endorsements, and influence to justify maintaining a membership. I did not log into the forum until a day later, which was what lapsed my membership.

There have been CTEs and just straight-up resignations this past term in the SC. I think itís unreasonable to have double standards of which activity counts and which doesnít.

Dinoium
Jun 11 2018, 11:25 AM
Crushing Our Enemies
I agree as Bootsie hasn't re-new her citizenship and hasn't been very active after the election but Bootsie does meet the requirements, 500+ Endorsements, a lot of regional influence, and a former governemnt position..

Well, I just got back on the 8th (maybe it was the 9th), and it does take a quick minute to get your citizenship. I did reapply though, seconds before I reapplied my SC membership. Iíve been fairly active this weekend. Iíve been juggling birthday stuff with TNP and readjusting to everything, but Iíve been here.

Owenstacey
Member Avatar

Bootsie, you didnít really say why there, you only told me about endotarting. You had given endorsements to 460 WA nations. In comparison GBM had endorsed 1497, over 1000 more. This is material evidence of long term inactivity and your endorsement count remained high above 584 during the period likely due to the WADP, so you can hardly say it was you at kept it there. So Iíll ask again, why was your endorsements given so low at this point? And in your answer I donít care about Endorsement count as it is irrelevant in this question.

And in your last paragraph you talk about double standards towards which activity does and doesnít count. I donít believe I have any double standards towards activity, if any other SC membership lapsed and showed lacking activity like you have shown, I would question this. My choice to use it endorsements given is simple, it is an easy way to see the activity of anyone, especially SC members because it shows who is actively working on their endorsement levels, and you didnít. And you say this inactivity was followed by 1000 endorsements but this was also around the time of your declaration for running for Delegate, so was this not to help your endorsement count, should you have won the election?

Excecutive Staff

NPA Awards

Bootsie
Member Avatar

Owenstacey
Jun 11 2018, 03:11 PM
Bootsie, you didnít really say why there, you only told me about endotarting. You had given endorsements to 460 WA nations. In comparison GBM had endorsed 1497, over 1000 more. This is material evidence of long term inactivity and your endorsement count remained high above 584 during the period likely due to the WADP, so you can hardly say it was you at kept it there. So Iíll ask again, why was your endorsements given so low at this point? And in your answer I donít care about Endorsement count as it is irrelevant in this question.

And in your last paragraph you talk about double standards towards which activity does and doesnít count. I donít believe I have any double standards towards activity, if any other SC membership lapsed and showed lacking activity like you have shown, I would question this. My choice to use it endorsements given is simple, it is an easy way to see the activity of anyone, especially SC members because it shows who is actively working on their endorsement levels, and you didnít. And you say this inactivity was followed by 1000 endorsements but this was also around the time of your declaration for running for Delegate, so was this not to help your endorsement count, should you have won the election?

I am in fact answering your question. You picked one day in March to analyze the endorsements given. I donít always have the time to endorse every nation in The North Pacific. But I do make sure my endorsement count stays up. As I explained previously, my endorsement count is a wave, itís high, and then it falls slightly.

My highest endorsement count was not in March of 2018, it was in November 2016, followed by the low 584. So, thatís irrelevant.

Also, endorsement count has everything to do with this question. Youíre calling into question my actions as a Security Councillor, and Iím pointing out how Iíve maintained my endorsement count as necessary.

In regards to the elextion, I did tart prior to the election, but I was overdue to tart anyway.

Great Bights Mum
Member Avatar
Grande Dame

I support Bootsie's re-admittance to the Security Council.

Every SC member who is in it for the long haul occasionally has lapses, usually due to RL pressures. Some take breaks when activity calls their WA elsewhere, or just for a change of pace. None of those circumstances affects the real value of having trusted nations, like Bootsie, who are willing to serve on the SC.
"Lest this is lost amid the asshattery..." -Flemingovia

mcmasterdonia
Member Avatar

Great Bights Mum
Jun 12 2018, 03:35 AM
I support Bootsie's re-admittance to the Security Council.

Every SC member who is in it for the long haul occasionally has lapses, usually due to RL pressures. Some take breaks when activity calls their WA elsewhere, or just for a change of pace. None of those circumstances affects the real value of having trusted nations, like Bootsie, who are willing to serve on the SC.
:agree:

:mcm2:
Former Government Positions
Awards and Ribbons
A Formal Apology
:lion:
Why People <3 me
The Kingdom of McMasterdonia

Our Factbook | Apply for an Embassy | Our History
Royal McMasterdonian Airlines | Freight McMasterdonia

Limerick1
Member Avatar

After following the debate and reading bootsie's reply, i retract my original post and support their re admittance fully
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Current Positions

Former Positions

Campaign Logos

Legal Compendium

Legal Disclaimer

flemingovia
Member Avatar
Here to merely serve.

I support. Real life (tm) can happen to the best of us. I would rather see Bootsie on the SC than not. With the departure of Raven, our SC needs a boost.
5. Forum administration will have 14 days to evaluate the citizenship applicant and verify that they are not using a proxy or evading a judicially-imposed penalty.

Happy Days

THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS IMPORTANT AND SHOULD BE READ
Terms and Conditions

please note that all comments made by Flemingovia (hereafter referred to as "the poster") should be taken to be prefaced with the phrase "I believe" whether or not the phrase "I believe" is actually used in the post. Therefore the poster is not liable to any charges of fraud, slander, libel or any other criminal or civil complaint resulting from this post (see TNP v Grosse, 2013). By continuing to read this post you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions. if you do not agree to these terms, this post is not intended for you and should not be read.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Regional Assembly · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Bug reportReport a Bug with this site
Theme by tiptopolive