Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The North Pacific!
Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful.

The North Pacific is one of the oldest and most powerful regions in NationStates. We pride ourselves on our strong democracy, openness, and transparency.

The region is affectionately called TNP. TNP is home to over 4,000 nations, called TNPers, and we are always looking for more to join us. We are glad to see you here and hope you decide become a TNPer yourself!

As a new arrival, you may be bewildered with everything that is going on. We understand, and for this reason, we have prepared this quick introduction to TNP. Unpack your bags, make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay :) .

First step: register an account

Please do not register more than one account on the forum. If you are not happy with the account you have created and want to change the name, reach out to an administrator.

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. This means that you can only view some of the forum areas, and you cannot participate in any of them. To be able to join in or even see most of the things we will describe below, you will need to register an account. This is a quick and easy process that you can start by clicking here.

Our Government

The North Pacific is a constitutional democracy. We have a constitution, a bill of rights, and a legal code, which you can read here. Our government has four branches:

The Legislature consists of the Regional Assembly (RA), which votes to enact and amend legislation. Discussions in the RA are moderated by the Speaker, who is elected from among the RA members, and their Deputies. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the RA.

The Executive consists of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, the Cabinet of Ministers, and the Executive Staff. The Delegate and Vice Delegate are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The Ministers are appointed by the Delegate, and each one of them manage their own staff. Together, the Executive runs the day-to-day affairs of the government. Broad areas the Executive is responsible for include home affairs, foreign affairs, World Assembly affairs, communications, culture, and our military. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the Executive Staff and work in one of the Ministries.

The Judiciary consists of a single court, which has two Associate Justices and one Chief Justice. All Justices are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The court can authoritatively answer questions of law, void actions of other officials that have been brought for review, and decide criminal cases. Interacting with the Judiciary is the Attorney General, also elected by the RA, who serves as the chief prosecutor in criminal trials and as legal counsel to the Executive.

The Security Council is generally considered as a separate branch. It is a body of members that monitor the region for security purposes. They help protect the in-game delegacy, help with delegacy transitions during elections, and also provide a mechanism of response in the case of an illegal in-game delegate. They are accountable to the RA.

You can find a list of current government officials here.

Ways to Get Involved

The best way to start getting involved is to apply for citizenship. Citizenship allows you to access all forum areas and join the various government and community activities. The application process should be easy and fast, and the only prerequisite is having a nation in the region. Once you are a citizen, you will also be eligible to vote and be a candidate in elections for the various government offices, such as Delegate and Vice Delegate - there is an election roughly every two months.

If the description of the government has enticed you, you should definitely consider contributing in the various branches! As a citizen, you can take part in the Regional Assembly, where you can legislate and scrutinize the government. You can also apply to join the Executive Staff, and get involved in any Ministry that interests you.

If you would like to poke around the forum and interact with our community before deciding to become a citizen, you should register your residency. Once you do so, you will be able to access most of the areas of this forum and join the various other activities. Here is a sample:

You can participate in our Role Play section, where you can write the story of your nation, interact with your neighbours on The North Pacific map, and join the Democratic Union.

You can drop by our World Assembly section, to discuss resolutions at vote, draft your own resolutions, and determine how our WA Delegate represents us in the World Assembly.

If you want to experience and learn about the military gameplay, one of the most exciting aspects of the game, you can enlist in the North Pacific Army and start serving TNP as a proud soldier!

Questions?

If you have more questions, you can check for answers in the The North Pacific FAQs. The Yellow Pages in particular provide a comprehensive guide to the region in a single thread.

If you cannot find the answer to your questions there, or if you are having any trouble with the forum, you can contact our forum administrators and global moderators here.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Military Sign Up!; Your region needs you! Join The NPA!
Topic Started: Nov 23 2014, 09:29 PM (5,053 Views)
Gladio
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Join The North Pacific Army (NPA)!

The Government of the North Pacific calls upon all nations to dedicate themselves to the security and prosperity of our region. This is best achieved by a large, active and responsible military.

The NPA as a military body has several functions and if you wish to join, you can choose what sort of role you wish to take:
  • The Auxiliary or Pilers - Nationstates updates two times a day (these two updates are known as minor and major) and during these periods every nation in a region has their endorsments calculated and the nation with the highest number of endorsements is made the WA delegate. Pilers do not have to be around during either update but rather need only check their email, forum PMs or nation telegrams to check if they need to move and reinforce a position during any given time. The benefit of being part of this crosssection is that you are not required to be online at update and will be given a rank. It is notable that you will not gain promotions as fast as the second force, the updaters.
  • Special Forces or Updaters - Updaters as mentioned above, are required to be online close to update so that they might move into a region at a given time. It is also generally a requirement that updaters have access to IRC, Discord or Skype(optional) which is easily achieved by visting the link at the top of the forums. Updaters will be promoted much faster than the Auxiliary and are also considered to be members the Auxiliary.
Note that by being a member of the NPA, you will be required to create additional nations (puppets), transfer your WA membership from your main nation to those puppets, and move the puppets to other regions.

Membership In more than one army Is not allowed In TNP.

This may all seem a bit complicated and overwhelming but feel free to PM the Minister of Defense if you have any concerns or queries about what it all means and by all means, fill in the form the best you can in the interim.

If you are interested in taking part in various missions in the name of The North Pacific, please fill out this form and take the oath correctly.

Applications must take the form of:

Code:

Nation In TNP: [nation]nation name here[/nation]
Current WA nation: [nation]nation name here[/nation]
NPA Division: < The Auxiliary, Special Forces >
Previous Military experience(If any):
Other military or non-military organizations you are involved In(If any):
RL country:

I, _________ request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.

Once your application is accepted and you have passed the necessary security checks by the admins you will receive a message from the Minister of Defense. Following that you may be remasked as a member of The North Pacific Army.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM/TG the Minister of Defense.[1]

The North Pacific

Gladio

:npa2:

:npa4: :npa4: :npa4: :npa4: :boom
[1] Though Gladio is the OP, Zazumo is the standing Minister of Defence and concerns should be sent to them.
Edited by Zazumo, Jun 1 2018, 02:30 PM.
Security Councillor

Former:
Delegate of The North Pacific (x1 full term)
NPA General
Chief of Staff of The NPA
Deputy Minister of Defense
Minister of Defense
(x6 full terms)

Executive Member of HA, FA and Comms

Posted Image
Military Ribbons
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nessuno
Member Avatar
Friends call me Nessie (Also spies)

Nation in TNP: [nation]The Disputed Territories of Territorio di Nessuno[/nation]
Current WA Nation: [nation]The Disputed Territories of Territorio di Nessuno[/nation]
NPA Division: The Auxiliary
Previous Military Experience (if any): Regional Guard
Other military or non-military organization you are involved in (if any): The Democratic Union, The Greater North Pacific Trade Agreement
RL country: Italy

I, Territorio di Nessuno request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to The North Pacific Region, our people and our government.
Posted Image
Posted Image

<Alunya (About the new motto "404 Error-Motto Not Founded")>: That should read, "Error 405: End of internet attained". Because, really, once you've visited the Territorio di Nessuno, there is nothing else on the internet to see!!

<Syrixia>: Your country makes my head hurt. :lol:
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gladio
Member Avatar

Nessuno
Nov 24 2014, 03:18 PM
Nation in TNP: [nation]The Disputed Territories of Territorio di Nessuno[/nation]
Current WA Nation: [nation]The Disputed Territories of Territorio di Nessuno[/nation]
Previous Military Experience (if any): Regional Guard
Other military or non-military organization you are involved in (if any): The Democratic Union, The Greater North Pacific Trade Agreement
RL country: Italy

I, Territorio di Nessuno request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to The North Pacific Region, our people and our government.
Approved, Welcome to The NPA! You will receive masking shortly.
Security Councillor

Former:
NPA General
Minister of Defense
(x6 full terms)

Posted Image
Military Ribbons

Nessuno
Member Avatar
Friends call me Nessie (Also spies)

Thank you!
Posted Image
Posted Image

<Alunya (About the new motto "404 Error-Motto Not Founded")>: That should read, "Error 405: End of internet attained". Because, really, once you've visited the Territorio di Nessuno, there is nothing else on the internet to see!!

<Syrixia>: Your country makes my head hurt. :lol:
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

BobFlutie
Member Avatar

Nation In TNP: [nation]Nomadic Peoples of Flutiestan[/nation]
Current WA nation: [nation]Nomadic Peoples of Flutiestan[/nation]
Previous Military experience(If any): Regional Guard
RL country: Australia

I, Flutiestan request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.
"A lot of educators tell students, 'Think of your principal as your pal.' I say, think of me as your judge, jury, and executioner"

Posted Image Posted Image

Gladio
Member Avatar

BobFlutie
Nov 24 2014, 11:10 PM
Nation In TNP: [nation]Nomadic Peoples of Flutiestan[/nation]
Current WA nation: [nation]Nomadic Peoples of Flutiestan[/nation]
Previous Military experience(If any): Regional Guard
RL country: Australia

I, Flutiestan request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.
Approved, Welcome to The NPA! You will receive masking shortly.
Security Councillor

Former:
NPA General
Minister of Defense
(x6 full terms)

Posted Image
Military Ribbons

Gen,Wolf

Nation In TNP:Wolf656
Current WA nation:THE NORTH PACIFIC
NPA Division:The Auxilary
Previous Military experience(If any):None
Other military or non-military organizations you are involved In(If any):None
RL country:United States of America (Southern California)

I, Gen Wolf request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.

elrenegado124

Nation In TNP: [nation]Turquestan[/nation]
Current WA nation: [nation]Turquestan[/nation]
Previous Military experience(If any): None
Other military or non-military organizations you are involved In(If any): None
RL country: Argentina (Buenos Aires Province)

I, elrenegado124 request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.
Edited by elrenegado124, Jan 12 2015, 06:47 AM.

Egalotir
Member Avatar
Supreme Leader of Space

Nation In TNP: [nation]Egalotir[/nation]
Current WA nation: [nation]Egalotir[/nation]
NPA Division: < Special Forces >
Previous Military experience(If any): I participated in the capturing of Nazi Europe awhile ago as my first tour of duty. I have since been very curious in becoming more involved and have decided to join up today.
Other military or non-military organizations you are involved In(If any): Democratic Union, Regional Assembly, Deputy of Foreign Affairs
RL country: U.S. but I am usually up at late hours and can participate in most updates.

I, Egalotir request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.
TNP Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
TNP Former Ambassador to multiple regions
TNP Regional Assembly Member
TNP Army

Gladio
Member Avatar

Gen,Wolf, elrenegado124 and Egalotir you are approved pending a security check by the admins.
Security Councillor

Former:
NPA General
Minister of Defense
(x6 full terms)

Posted Image
Military Ribbons

King Ems

I, ___Antari______ request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.
Royal Ambassador of Antari
Lord John Johnson

Gladio
Member Avatar

King Ems
Nov 27 2014, 02:57 PM
I, ___Antari______ request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.
You are already a member of The NPA.
Security Councillor

Former:
NPA General
Minister of Defense
(x6 full terms)

Posted Image
Military Ribbons

valory

Nation In TNP: [nation]Commonwealth of Valory[/nation]
Current WA nation: [nation]Commonewealth of Valory[/nation]
NPA Division: < The Auxiliary>
Previous Military experience(If any): none
Other military or non-military organizations you are involved In(If any): none
RL country: United States of America

I, ____Valory_____obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.

President Runyon
Member Avatar
Veteran

Nation In TNP: The Federation of Polothin
Current WA nation: The Federation of Polothin
NPA Division: < The Auxiliary >
RL country: United States of America

I, President Runyon request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.
Edited by r3naissanc3r, Dec 2 2014, 05:08 PM.

Gladio
Member Avatar

Valory and President Runyon approved pending security checks by the admin team!
Security Councillor

Former:
NPA General
Minister of Defense
(x6 full terms)

Posted Image
Military Ribbons

Ali

Nation in NTP: The Emirate of Ahlulabyt
Current WA nation: The Emirate of Ahlulbayt
RL country: Canada

I, Ahlulbayt request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.

Gladio
Member Avatar

Ali
Dec 7 2014, 02:20 PM
Nation in NTP: The Emirate of Ahlulabyt
Current WA nation: The Emirate of Ahlulbayt
RL country: Canada

I, Ahlulbayt request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.
Approved pending security check by the admins
Security Councillor

Former:
NPA General
Minister of Defense
(x6 full terms)

Posted Image
Military Ribbons

Bcrulez

Nation In TNP: [nation]Bcrulez[/nation]
Current WA nation: [nation]The North Pacific[/nation]
RL country:USA

I, Bcrulez request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.

Gladio
Member Avatar

Bcrulez
Dec 8 2014, 12:32 AM
Nation In TNP: [nation]Bcrulez[/nation]
Current WA nation: [nation]The North Pacific[/nation]
RL country:USA

I, Bcrulez request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.
Approved pending security checks by the admins
Security Councillor

Former:
NPA General
Minister of Defense
(x6 full terms)

Posted Image
Military Ribbons

Bootsie
Member Avatar

Nation In TNP: [nation]Guslantis[/nation]
Current WA nation: [nation]Guslantis[/nation]
RL country: USA

I, Bootsie, request to join The North Pacific Armed Forces. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command, and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Docks · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Bug reportReport a Bug with this site
Theme by tiptopolive