Clean Land for Justice

Vote me.

I have time again(last month was not so good).
I think that every case will take lots of time because I'd need to reread every decision ever made to make sure that I make the right decision.
At the same extension I would probably not be a good Chief Justice in my first term.
If I see that some Justice does not have time I will tell that I think they don't. This might be confrontational, but unnecessary delays in rulings are bad, so it is absolutely needed(And I expect the same from the other justices when it comes to my activity).

My experience? Well, none.

Hey Clean Land, just a couple of quick questions.

First, the Penal Code provides sentencing options to the Court, providing for bans/suspension of basic right for either a 'finite amount of time' or 'for whatever duration the court sees fit'. This gives the Court a great amount discretion when it comes to the sentencing of those convicted of crimes. I realize that making changes to the Penal Code falls within the realm of the Regional Assembly, however, what would your opinion be regarding the use of minimum/maximum sentences?

Secondly, do you have any specific goals for this term if you are elected?

Deropia:
Hey Clean Land, just a couple of quick questions.

First, the Penal Code provides sentencing options to the Court, providing for bans/suspension of basic right for either a 'finite amount of time' or 'for whatever duration the court sees fit'. This gives the Court a great amount discretion when it comes to the sentencing of those convicted of crimes. I realize that making changes to the Penal Code falls within the realm of the Regional Assembly, however, what would your opinion be regarding the use of minimum/maximum sentences?

Secondly, do you have any specific goals for this term if you are elected?
Thanks for asking these questions:
1. As you said it is a matter for the Regional Assembly to discuss this.
As long as these flexible options exist I, as Judge, have normally to assume that the Assembly wants me to deliberate on the full range of possibilities. Which means that I have to look for any circumstances that warrant a longer or a shorter sentence.
However, a minimum sentence of one second would probably (and rightfully) seen as questionable, just like a maximum sentence of 90 years for something that mandates finite amounts of time. Generally, the court has a bit too much power it can possibly abuse, and little checks and balances against.

2. Hmm... ruling correctly, talking with the other Justices about the planned Court rules reform... no I don't think these count as specific goals. But a Justice should normally not come with a specific goal there anyways - ruling correctly and looking at the Court rules should be normally the only goals.
The position of a Judge is not a position where you should have an own agenda you want to push. It is one where you should NOT have one.A biased judge who tries to bend the laws to their own goals is something you want to avoid.

Back