-
-
Pronouns
He/They/Any
TNP Nation
Frances_Francis_the_First_of_Frances
Discord
Just_a_Lore
Hello Hello, Its Lore, your favourite perennial candidate.

Some of you might just think "isn't that just one of those RP guys", well yes and no.

One thing I used to be known for is my almost comically large list of different hats that I have worn over the years. Just in the roughly 3.5 Years I have spent in TNP alone I have been been a Deputy Minister, Minister of two different departments (Culture and the defunct Entertainment Ministry), RP Moderator, Cartographer and a short-lived stint as an Ambassador.

You might wonder if I have ever had any experience in the realm of justice, well unsurprisingly I have worn that hat as well just not in this region. Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth in 2013 I stood as the Minister of Justice for a region named Nevthronia before it disbanded. I have also stood on administrative boards in UCRs that had Judicial Functions (Namely Audux and VF Founder Councils).

And while you might not think it is relevant one of the things that I have been heavily engaged in over the last few years is writing and breaking down of RP Treaties, Constitution, Laws, Policies, and etc. And while it is not from the normal Gameplay Perspective that most come from I believe it gives me a unique insight when looking at and interpreting the the rules and laws that we write for ourselves.

In all I believe that I can make a great Justice if you give me the chance that that you will see it fit to elect me in this upcoming election.

Hey Lore!

If my records are correct, the last government position you held in TNP was about 3 years ago. What encouraged you to run for office in TNP after such a large gap in government activity? And more specifically, why Justice?

Its only been two years thank you. But I have spuratically run for offices and technically I was an RP Moderator until a couple months ago and still am RP Cartographer even today which I consider in the same realm of public servant. But to boil it down just look at my signature I have a near unparalleled public service itch and this form of justice is something I have not tackled yet and is something I feel I can lend my deep well of experience and expertise too.

Hey Lord Lore, I just have a couple of questions for you.

First, the Penal Code provides sentencing options to the Court, providing for bans/suspension of basic right for either a 'finite amount of time' or 'for whatever duration the court sees fit'. This gives the Court a great amount discretion when it comes to the sentencing of those convicted of crimes. I realize that making changes to the Penal Code falls within the realm of the Regional Assembly, however, what would your opinion be regarding the use of minimum/maximum sentences?

Secondly, do you have any specific goals for this term if you are elected?

I realize that making changes to the Penal Code falls within the realm of the Regional Assembly, however, what would your opinion be regarding the use of minimum/maximum sentences?

I believe that the conversation is one worthy having, but if you are looking for my personal opinion then I believe that adding restraints like that hampers the court. It ties their hands to offer leniency in cases that may call for it, or on the reverse to add penalty when malice is behind the action. The one thing I know is that there is no perfect answer to this question and a continued dialog is a good thing.

Secondly, do you have any specific goals for this term if you are elected?

I would honestly say no, mainly because you just never really know what will be presented in front of the court between elections.

Back