The house of rebellion (completed)

Helsø's mind was a mix of white noise and blurred images but he managed to focus on what Cyrille was saying, managing to breath just enough to keep from passing out. He looked up, eyes wide and nodded, managing a "thank you" in sloppy Ceretian Nors before he took off. The fighting in the streets was intense, but no one seemed to pay much mind. RLA soldiers ran passed him, seemingly unconcerned with one dazed Prydanian pilot as an entire Prydanian army bore down on the town. All he could do was head towards what he assumed were the front lines, and hope no one killed him before his own people could protect him. He tried to focus, but the sounds of gunfire, the smell of smoke, and the screams of children in the distance did him no favours. Long repressed memories came pouring into his mind, and he stumbled as his knees went weak once more...

Tobias had left his soldiers to tend to the Yukkiran envoys. They were an intimidating sort, to be sure. Still, he tried to focus as the KPS Eric VI prepared to leave port. William had always said to learn from opportunities like this. Not as if the Yukkirans had inspired him to do what he was about to do, but they certainly impressed upon him the need to stand up when the situation called for it.

"The Prime Minister, Your Majesty" the Eric VI's captain said as he handed Tobias a phone.

"Speak of the devil" Tobias thought, before thanking the captain.

"William, you're on your way to Tempest Holm, right?"

"Yes Your Majesty, but I'm afraid I'm at a loss."

"I know, but please. Trust me. I want you there for this."

"Tob...Your Majesty. The fact that you're telling me what we're doing has me thinking I wouldn't advise it."

"Maybe" Tobias replied softly. "Trust me, though, please. The RÚV staff will be there shortly, and we need to get ready."

"Of course Your Majesty."

"Flight Lieutenant Peter Helsø, X71 428 354 need to speak to CO" Helsø repeated as Prydanian soldiers loaded him on the back of an armoured jeep. The driver looked frustrated.
"You're sending me in the opposite direction of where I'm needed" he yelled at the two soldiers who had loaded the dazed and traumatized pilot into the back.

"He says he needs to speak to the Major General. In rough shape too. Looks like one of the pilots we lost. Just get 'em back to the Major General!"

The driver grunted but nodded, turning his jeep around.

Sleswick barked orders as what anti-tank weaponry was dry enough was put into position. He had 10,000 men, freshly re-armed thanks to the PGU, invading this town. It would fall. It had to....

He looked up just as an approaching jeep stopped, soldiers unloading a body...suddenly the body twitched, just barely managing to stand.

"Sir, we found one of our pilots! Says he needs to talk to you!"

Sleswick nodded as he placed a hand on Helsø's shoulder, pushing him to his knees, dropping to one knee himself as he leaned in.
"Airman, report."

"Flight Lieutenant Peter Helsø, X71 428 354 need to speak to CO" Helsø rattled off.

"Major General Sleswick here son, I'm as close as you've got in this hellhole. Report."

Helsø nodded, his breathing coming easier as he spoke to a Prydanian general.
"South of here sir, northern most mountain...enemy radio tower. Vital to enemy ops" he managed to say through clattering teeth.

Sleswick helped lean the pilot against a barricade.
"You did good son" he said reassuringly before jotting down what had been conveyed to him. He pulled a nearby Private over and shoved the note in his hand.
"Head back, to Com. Tell them to relay this to the air force. And get me. My. Bloody. Harriers!"

"Yes sir!"

Cyrille raised her gun back up as RLA soldiers entered into the alley way, before they could even react she emptied the last of her magazine and quickly they fell one by one, the yelling of pain and shock drowned out by the sound of lead filling the air. thick steam bellowing from her barrel as the cold meets the heated metal. Cyrille tossed her rifle aside and she let her dead down on the cold wet ground as the battle raged around her. She closed her eyes as the rain as the rain turned to snow slowly but surely, she shivered uncontrollably and incessantly, she was already cold from the rain but the blood loss wasn't helping.

she could hear shouting in Ceretian Nors and the cacophony of running feet, which direction she wasn't entirely sure, she could hear the comms from one of the soldiers she had just killed.
it was clear the commissar had lost his men, and cohesion had been lost. The general consensus across the RLA line seemed to be every unit for itself do or die.

"Unit 1 falling back to the bunker! we are getting torn apart! Four strong!"

"Survivor of Unit 4, linking up with Unit 3 Unit 4 is gone!"

"Where is Unit 12 and Cyrille?!"

"The enemy is so far up our asses our own tanks are tearing us apart!"

"Friendly technicals inbound! watch the MG crossfire!"

"Unit 6 Break out! Charge the gap!" distant war cries could be heard as the survivors of unit 6 charged from their locations with bayonets, swords and their rifles as improvised and clunky clubs into the enemy. Cyrille scoffed which just made her wince in pain. the thought and idea that outdated little tactic was still a thing in modern doctrine of both sides was amazing.. Suppose some Norsian romantic ideals of War will never die.

Minutes maybe had passed since Helso ran. Cyrille opened her eyes as she heard someone rush to her side.
"Lieutenant? can you hear me?" to which Cyrille grunted as the man checked her over before waving more people over. in a matter of seconds she was surrounded by another soldier, and two civilians.
"God, she got messed up, is it still inside?"
"Like I know! we gotta move her out of here! You grab her legs, on three we lift!" Cyrille felt arms wrap around hers, and in a count of three she was lifted and quickly set down on a stretcher the pain from the movement made her scream out blood curdling murder..

"Get her to the basement! and for God sakes take off your damn uniforms!"

The rioters in Irras had finally reached the capital square, the Capital building and the Royal estate was in direct view of the crowd and behind the Police line, so were the Silver guard, decked out in their combat gear, forming a line of their own in front of armored and armed vehicles, no one may realize it except the police and the silver guard but if the police line is broken it may just turn into a slaughter.. The Silver Guard have one mandate, Protect the Crown.

New additions to the riot mob waved flags, bearing a howling wolf in the base of a star on a black and red background. others toting signs with slogans for reunification, others the expulsion of violent foreign aid such as the Malorians.

The police despite their attempts to hold steady firm lines failed, ill equipped and ill trained and under immense pressure from the crowd that just kept growing. The taunts, rock throwing and prods from the more violent put even more pressure on the front line. the line folded another few feet and an officer lagged behind. Rioters quickly swarmed the officer panicked and swung fast and wild.

with a loud CRACK a rioter fell to the ground holding her face as the officer tried to run back and got chased, the chain reaction had been sparked the already agitated or angry crowd became furious as the shock wave spread and more got violent. More started to throw rocks and other loose items. a Man covering his face with a mask rolled up with a wheelbarrow filled with bottles and rags, he took one of the bottles and lit the rag and threw it as hard as he could.

The Molotov hit the line of shields and shattered covering the ground in front of it in flames. more people started to grab the bottles and that was the police's cue to call it.

over the radio the call was made. "Tactical teams get stuck in! take down the violent ones!" Police with smaller square shields and batons rushed in from both sides of the shield wall and violently collided with the violent elements of the front. those who didn't flee were now on the receiving end or fighting an officer. others were being cuffed and manhandled back into the police line. which took the time to recover in their eyes a lot of lost ground.

RÚV, GRK Preidein, and ARK Preidein cameras were set up facing the desk framed by a Prydanian flag and a Royal standard. Tempest Holm, the ancestral seat of the Lothbrok dynasty, was still in a state of repair. Still, the castle that represented the title usually given to the Prydanian monarch's heir apparent was situated on the island that bore its name. And that was more important than any symbolic importance to the Prydanian crown. It was situated right off the coast of Korova. Within spitting distance of the Stan Yera, for all practical purposes. That was what mattered. Not so much a show of force, as much as a show of confidence.

"This is highly irregular, Your Majesty" William said, going over the speech Tobias had handed him.
"We have channels for this sort of thing."

Tobias, for his part, seemed oddly calm.
"One brazen act deserves another" he said as he took a deep breath.

"Tobias" William replied softly, "we can't repel his navy."

"Then it's a good thing I'm not suggesting we try."

The young king embraced the righteous calm wash over him as he made his way to the old wooden desk. It was almost intoxicating. He'd spent his life unsure if he could be what people needed from him. Now, here, he felt extremely sure in his actions for the first time in a long, long while.

Tobias took his seat, the director of the GPK Preidein crew counting down for the three way broadcast.

"My name is Tobias III, King of Prydania" he said in Mercanti as he stared daggers into the camera directly in front of him.

"I'm speaking directly to Sfan Kâ K'ter, High Warden and Grand General of the Stan Yera. I speak to you, High Warden, as a man whose life has been defined by the suffering of his people. I was chased into hiding before the age of ten, and I've watched as we as a nation waged a war of national liberation. Liberation from Syndicalist, communist, tyranny. I've had to see things as a child no child should have to see. It's only made worse for me, knowing I'm in no way unique. Our Civil War killed the innocence of many children.
That's why my coronation was the happiest day of my life, High Warden. Not because I was finally crowned King, but because I knew that act was the final sign that the war was over. That suffering would soon turn to healing and, God willing, prosperity."

The king took a moment before continuing.

"The United Kingdom of Thederic Nors faces the same challenges. Tyrants in waiting have torn that country apart. Finally, after twenty years of fighting, the end is in sight. The fighting in Thederic Nors is not over yet, but for the first time in a long while? Norsian peace is a real, tangible, possibility."

"And it is in this context that I appeal to your famous sense of right and wrong, High Warden. I'm asking you to end the blockade of the United Kingdom of Thederic Nors. Remove the spectre of imperialism and war your armada has cast over northern Craviter. Pull them back to your protectorate of Korova and give both the Norsian and Prydanian peoples the chance at peace they have longed for, for decades."

"In the name of peace and decency, end the blockade so that all nations of Craviter, including the Stan Yera, can work towards building a better future for all of our children. Return home."

Tobias leaned back in his chair and breathed a sigh of relief when the director indicated the broadcast had ended.

"You just provoked one of the most powerful men on the planet" William said, his voice tinged with a hint of fatalism.

"I'm hoping I did the opposite" Tobias replied, looking at the ceiling as he leaned back in his chair.
"He wasn't provoked. It just remains to be seen if he'll take it that way or not."

Last edited:
"All clear," air traffic control says to a supply plane, delivering vehicles, guns, and equipment to the Royalist Norsian forces.

The plane lifts off and begins its course towards a military base on the front lines of the communist forces.

"One down, nine more to go," a member of the air control states.

The halls of Tempest Holm were lined with treasures of the Lothbrok dynasty. Helms decorated with stag antlers, great swords, war axes, mounted skulls from game, and grand tapestries depicting battles fought long ago, or glorious hunting parties from days past. Beaconsfield had been the capital for close to a thousand years, but it was Tempest Holm where the legacy of the Lothbroks was preserved.

Tobias found himself following the halls deeper into the castle, to treasures that pre-dated Vortgyn I's unification of Prydania. He felt a chill go down his spine and the hair on the back of his neck go up when he saw what appeared to be a human skull mounted as if it were game. It wasn't human though. The young King was sure of that, moving closer to examine it. It was thinner. More...majestic maybe?

"It's an Aed Kaenë skull" William said as he approached the King. "Hunted to extinction on Tempest Holm before even Vortgyn I's time."

"It's haunting..."

"It is" William agreed, leaving his King a few more moments to take in the skull.

"Your Majesty, the Cabinet has arrived."

"Of course" Tobias answered as he nodded, his eyes lingering on the skull for a moment longer before focusing on his Prime Minister. "They're in the Grand Hall?"

"Yes Your Majesty."

"Fantastic" Tobias replied, grinning. He'd be meeting with his Cabinet for the first time since he had addressed Sfan Kâ K'ter the previous evening. He'd insisted they meet him on Tempest Holm, as he wanted to spend an additional night in what was his family's ancestral home.

Tobias entered the Grand Hall, ignoring the throne at the far end to sit at the head of an old, oaken table.

Arne FitzOsbern, the Defence Minister, began.
"The General Staff has taken the liberty of drawing up plans for potential offensives against the Stan Yera in Korova. It's dependent on a number of factors including Malorian and Kanadian support as well as an early return home from Thederic Nors for our soldiers there but..."

Tobias held up his hand.
"No."

FitzOsbern went red for a moment as he clenched his jaw, but composed himself.
"Your Majesty given what has transpired I think it's prudent we be prepared to take the offensive in the event that tensions worsen."

"I asked the High Warden to pull his ships back in the name of peace. And I meant that. I won't follow that up with an act of war. Whatever happens? Prydania will not be the aggressor. I won't be sending our men into Korova to be butchered. I told the High Warden I wanted peace on Craviter and in the Auburn Isles. I meant it."

"It's the General Staff's job to be prepared for any military situation that arises, Your Majesty" William said, hoping Tobias could see the plan's merits.

"Well now they've planned for this one. Have them archive it. We're all doomed if they have to take it out anyway."

FitzOsbern nodded. "Yes Your Majesty."

"How's the campaign in Thederic Nors going?" Tobias asked, wanting to put the previous discussion behind him as soon as possible.

"Duke Sleswick's forces have encountered heavy resistance, but have managed to penetrate RLA defences. We're still very much in the fight for Renou. Besides, the operation is already a success."

"How so?" the young King asked, wondering how an invasion could be considered successful if the target had yet to capitulate.

"Our army's presence on the shores of Renou has already diverted RLA soldiers and tanks from the Malorian, Kanadian, and United Kingdom fronts" FitzOsbern explained.
"Win or lose, we've achieved the primary goal of spreading the RLA's defences thin."

Tobias leaned back in his chair.
"That doesn't feel like a victory, not if we butcher our own men for no gain."

"War is an ugly business Your Majesty" FitzOsbern replied.
"Believe me, it's helped the war effort on behalf of Queen Alycia and our allies."

Tobias closed his eyes for a moment and nodded. "Then we'll pray for victory" he said with a faint smile.
"Onto other business...."

"My fellow Norsians I call out to you today in the name of peace and unity." Alycia's voice could be heard from every TV channel Thederic Nors still had, all the channels had crews and cameras in the room. half of those channels were offering Mercanti translation as it happened.

"This war has gone on long enough, both sides have shared pain and suffering in equal measure. Nothing remains, Cities lie in ruin turned to dust and all has been lost. Neighbors fight neighbors, brothers and sisters once close fight each other openly. entire communities torn apart.. I know why the Red Laurel Rebellion formed, You fought against a sick and twisted regime. You fought against the trampling of your basic rights as a person and for a better life, well in that regard you have won. We all have won. But now we must face the facts." Alycia pauses for a second figuring out how to best put her next words.

"The Red Laurel leadership has become the very thing the movement itself formed to fight, The Red Laurels traded one tyrant two kingdoms away for thirty tyrants a few miles away. Their soldiers don't believe in the cause anymore, they turn and run away, or they advance on Royal army lines and surrender! more are surrendering or routing than actually fighting! They have no resolve because there is nothing left to believe in, and either way they run they face a punishment I feel is undeserved, and would only hurt our society more. I am going to change that."
Alycia stopped talking for a moment as she grabbed a rolled piece of paper from the small table in front of her. she held it up in front of her facing the cameras and unrolled it revealing a long document, a document of amnesty signed by her and addressed to all Red Laurel soldiers.

"I, Queen Alycia hereby extend the offer provided to Red Laurel conscripts to ALL Red Laurel soldiers, Regardless of rank or station. The only exceptions to this are the Commissars whose brutality knows no forgivable bounds. This amnesty, is effective immediately and will be offered to all who are captured or willingly surrender. Those who accept this amnesty will become full citizens within the United Kingdom and will enjoy all liberties associated with it. You are friends, family, partners, you are not an enemy! You are a loved one! And it is time to come home!"

Alycia puts the amnesty back down on the table and taking another, BIGGER paper and opens it, as the cameras once again zoom into it so it is readable.

"I speak of liberties and citizenship, but I will do more than that, and I have done more than that.
To bring the beginnings of a new age for the Norsian people. On this day, in the name of the people for the people, so never again shall the Norsian people or its state easily suffer another tyrant like my predecessors, I, Queen Alycia do hereby sign this constitution into action.." she puts it back on the small table in front of her and the cameras, taking a pen next to it and quickly signs it.

"A parliament will form, and you will form it, with your voice, with your vote. but not today, today we lack the infrastructure and means to make a meaningful election work.. Tomorrow, in two years time. December 20th, 2020, We will hold a nation wide campaigns and elections, to elect each and every member of the new parliament, it will be YOUR parliament, a voice for the people; chosen by the people."

Alycia paused as she looked at the center camera. "And I extend my hand in the offering of peace to the Peoples Party, This war is ending, you may flee if you wish, if you do I won't lose sleep over it, when this war does end I want it to mean liberality.. It mustn't mean imprisonment or execution, I don't want that. But I ask you to stay, and join me at a negotiations table.

"There is another matter.. My legitimacy as Queen, I usurped the crown of these kingdoms and for that my rule is not all that legitimate, regardless of who I deposed or how you look at it. Same time as the elections, a Referendum will be held, will I keep this crown and be your true Queen? Or will you cast me out? Will you abolish the monarchy outright? I leave that to you, in two years time."

Alycia bows respectfully to the cameras.
"We have put our nation into the intense fires of a forge and through the twenty two years of hammering that heated metal I hope we will have forged a better nation.. Good night."

the Channel logos appear on the TV's momentarily and cut back to their original programs.

Preamble:
I, Queen Alycia Rochette of House Rochette first of my name, by my power as Queen of the realms, in order to break the chains of Tyranny and safeguard against future resurgence hereby establish, The rule of Justice, provide defense, secure Domestic Peace, promote General Domestic Welfare, and secure liberty for the subjects of this nation, do ordain and establish this constitution of the United Kingdoms of Thederic Nors.

Section I: Legislation
The Monarch is the Head of State ruling a Hereditary/elected Monarchy. The monarch selects heir apparent, preferably amongst the Royal Bloodline. or should no better alternative exist, nominate an heir outside of the bloodline.

The Prime Minister is 2nd hand to the head of state, functions as head of government. advises and answers to the HoS, on matters Elected by Parliament and citizen vote.

Cabinet, Nominated by head of state, confirmed by majority Parliament vote seperately. holds the title of Ministers. answers to HoS and HoG, manages the affairs of their department.

Parliament, Legislative body that handles the majority of law making, can be overruled and or completely dissolved by the HoS, emergency election will be called if dissolved. Laws they work on have the potential to be taken to the HoS should the vote fail and the issue forced.

Direct Democracy, The citizens have direct say in the local laws of their province, so long as such laws do not conflict with the Supreme Laws. if local support reaches 65% majority, local legislation can be brought to parliament, potentially becoming national. These votes are organized by the Provincial governor.

Section II: Supreme Laws
These Supreme Laws are created and founded to establish and protect a Norsian citizens inalienable rights under this constitution and in turn safeguard the fabric of a Democratic and Free Norsian Society.

Article I:
Citizens of the Norsian realm have the right to peaceful public assembly and the right to representation. on both the provincial and National scale, as well as public and private unions and groups.
1: No person under the age of 18 may cast votes for the national parliament, provincial Legislation or National legislation.
2: No non citizen, or a citizen sooner than 5 years may cast a vote for the national parliament representatives, provincial Legislation or National legislation, or run for Parliamentary or Ministry election.
3: this article does not empower the Citizens of the Realm to violently assemble or otherwise impede the flow of the realms royal subjects in displays of assembly.

Article II:
Neither the Crown nor the Parliament shall make law favoring an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free excercise and exploration thereof. nor shall they infringe the free rights of speech, of the press, and to petition the Royal government of their grievances.
1: Users of free speech and free press are beholden to the consequences thereof, statements of criminal guilt or intent may be admissable to a judicial court.

Article III:
no person shall answer a capital crime unless indicted or on a presentment of a Grand Jury, unless such cases arise within the Royal Military.
1: No person shall be compelled to stand witness or testify against their own defense, nor be deprived of life, basic rights or property without due process of law, nor shall their private property be taken for public use without proper and just compensation.
2: No person shall take the law into their own hands unless Marshalled by the proper judicial authorities.

Article IV:
in all cirminal prosecution, the accused shall enjoy the right to public trial and judgment by an impartial jury of the province and district wherein the crime has been committed. the accused shall enjoy the right to the information of the nature and cause of the accusations placed on them, to be engaged by the witnesses against them and to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in their favor. and to have favorable counsel in their defense.

Article V:
No citizen and non citizen shall be imprisoned without a proper trial in front of magistrate and jury. and no citizen or non citizen shall be detained without the information of cause and reasoning. furthermore, no citizen or non citizen shall be subjected to slavery or involuntary servitude unless such is ruled by a Magistrate in front of trial and jury.

Article VI:
Citizens of the age of 21 may keep and bear arms, in protection of themselves, or as well regulated militias in the defense of the realm and the Crown.
1: Automatic weapons are prohibited and will be seized, and criminal penalties for illegal arms enforced
2: Citizens with a Class A license may keep and bear swords and other bladed weapons. Citizens with Class B may keep and bear handguns and Semi Automatic rifles.

Article VII:​
Citizens of the realm are safeguarded against being pressed into the Royal Military, or otherwise coerced. Unless such circumstances permit this law to be overwritten, for the sake of the realms continued existence.

Section III: The Royal Army

Article I:
the Royal army swears allegiance only to the monarch, every soldier, airman and seaman of the Norsian Royal Army swears to her/him upon enlistment. the Monarch is the Commander in Chief.

Article II:
The Royal Army is a VOLUNTEER force and only accept volunteers with a high school graduation certificate, or equivalent. conscriptions and drafts are forbidden, unless Supreme Law No.7 is overruled by Parliament majority, with the approval of the Monarch and Prime Minister.
The Monarch retains their Royal Perogative to instate a draft in a time of War without the consultation of Parliament.

Article III:
the Royal Army is a DEFENSE FORCE. the Royal Army may not commence offensive operations unless this article is overruled, see subsection 1. This Defense Force exists to protect the United Kingdom, and in extension, its allies.

Subsection I: The Head of State or Parliament may overrule Article 3 if it is deemed offensive strategy would be the best method to protect the existence of the Thederic Norsian state and its allies. This subsection may only be triggered on Defense status 3 Parliamentary passage required 70% super majority.

cogoria__216305.jpg

AN STATEMENT FROM THE OFFICES OF CHAIRMAN ZHUKOV
The great nation of Cogoria and the workers of the world welcome the latest developments from the nation of Thedric Nors. We welcome them not as the most desired outcome, but it is far from the worst.
In the face of the overwhelming force brought to bear on the Norsian people by the imperialist aggression of Maloria, and the senseless slaughter of civilians in Everlene by their artillery, I have advised the captains of the volunteer flotilla to return to Cogoria in the hope of assisting with deescalating the present situation.
In light of the recent indiscriminate attacks from the air by aggressors yet to admit their guilt, I have instructed the commander of the volunteer brigade to establish the city of Everlene as a no fly zone for any aircraft other than those of the Cogorian air force, which i have ordered to the city in order to facilitate the offer made by Mrs Aycia for members of the Norsian proletariat to seek refuge if they so choose to seek that refuge in Cogoria. Though to the aggressors who Alycia permitted to kill the civilians of Everlene know this. We have recovered wreckage. We know your name. We withhold it now for the sake of peace, but your murder of citizens not your own is noted, and not welcome.
Cogoria will welcome the volunteers home with open arms as heroes of the revolution, however the volunteers already in Everlene have informed me that as they see themselves as soldiers in the Red Laurel Army the order to muster out and leave the nation can come only from the command of the RLA, and they will oppose any non RLA forces attempting to enter the city. The Cogorian government can only hope that there is no further bloodshed, and advises the imperialist interventionists to respect the lives of their soldiers and advance no further upon the city.
Grigori Zhukov
Co-Chairmanof the Cogorian Politburo

It had been days since the city was captured. The city of Freseau had capitulated to the Malorian force. However it had fell far sooner than what they had expected but that didn’t matter, what did matter was that the city was theirs.

Since the day of its capture, General Wilhelm had temporarily been placed in control of the city and as such was heading the reconstruction efforts. These efforts included mainly employing the citizens of the city to rebuild the infrastructure that had been destroyed during the bombardment. He had also ordered more supplies into the city as well from the Malorian Government which would be given to the locals which was mainly food and new clothes along with the addition of better equipment to help with the reconstruction of the infrastructure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been days ago since they had finally arrived at the worker’s capital, Everlene. For days as well they had been raining hell and fire onto the red capital giving it the full wrath of what Maloria can give. However the stubborn soldiers that occupied the now burning city refused to give it up to the assaulting Malorian forces.

There is one thing the Malorians had on their side and that was the great gift of time. Since Freseau had fallen they now could be supplied for a prolonged siege of the city and for the lost manpower, they could replace it. Now in their eyes it was only a certain amount of time before the RLA had to give up the city.

The remnants of KPF flew over the town as dawn began to break. Remnantsm perhaps, but effective. The communications tower lay in ruins thanks to the Harriers, as Prydanian soldiers forced RLA tank crews out of their cans. Sleswick scowled. Renou was theirs. The RLA had been forced to divert men and armour. In every conceivable way the invasion of northern Central Nors was a success. And yet the grey, muddy, blown apart town reminded him too much of what he had come from back in Prydania.
Did he blame himself? Not fully. The Norsians didn't need Prydania's help to blow themselves to bits (and the inverse was true as well). Still? He just grunted, putting the unpleasant thought behind him.

"The last RLA holdout is to the south, on the main road heading towards Rodier" Colonel Jensen informed him, handing him a marked map of Central Nors.
"The remnants of whatever militia they could have scrapped together won't stand up against an assault."

"It's a clinic..." Sleswick muttered.

"Aye, it is" Jensen nodded.

Sleswick squinted as he looked towards the sun rising in the east as he looked down at the comunicae he was given shortly after the RLA lines broke. He approached the still intact city hall where a podium had been in place. Prydanian soldiers guarded him as he approached. The microphone at the podium had been hardwired to speakers throughout the town as scared civilians began to gather. He began to speak in accented but intelligible Ceretian Nors.

"The town of Renou is under the protection of the Royal Prydanian Army, in the name of Queen Alycia. At 22 hundred hours last night Her Grace announced that the rebels of the RLA insurgency would be granted clemency once they lay down their arms, save for Commissars. We are planning to comply with Her Grace's orders to the fullest extent possible until such time as our administration has ended. The wars in both our countries are over. We extend to you the hand in friendship so we can all rebuild. God save King Tobias III, God save Queen Alycia" he said clearly if plainly before stepping away.

"Will the holdouts believe it's over?" Jensen asked as he reconvened with the Major General.

"They can believe whatever they want. Belief won't stop our bullets."

The southeastern portion of Renou was almost idyllic compared to the rest of the town. Makeshift barricades and tattered RLA flags flew in the dawn breeze as soldiers in muddy, tattered uniforms clutched rifles as they peered over the top, waiting for the inevitable Royal Prydanian Army onslaught.

Instead a booming voice from a loudspeaker echoed through the streets.
"The war is over! We have no desire to attack a clinic! Surrender now and lay down your arms! The war is over!"

The RLA militia looked at each other. They knew the CO in the clinic must have heard that, and they nervously clutched their weapons, peering down the sights as they waited for something- anything- to make the situation clearer.

"What now, Major General?" Jensen asked as Sleswick peered at the barricade through his binoculars.

"We wait to see if they value their sick and wounded" he grunted.
"Get the motors into position. In case they don't."

A solid hour passes with no direct response to the Prydanians. the RLA flag above the clinic still flying, "Help" scribed onto it in Ceretian Nor.
soon a truck appears down the opposite side of the main road from the south, barreling towards the clinic with red crosses striped onto its doors. The truck was not stopping for anybody wearing Prydanian colors, it was be-lining for the barricades. It quickly stopped just as it reached the inside of the clinic perimeter as doctors, nurses and civilians, and soldiers too rushed out some even grievously injured themselves. A dozen at least haul off the injured in the back of the meat wagon, a term quite apt for the sight of it.

it takes another twenty minutes for the truck to be fully unloaded from its dead and dying. another five, for an old man, no younger than his mid sixties in doctor scrubs covered in viscera and a Soldier with a Sergeant patch to cross the barricade lines in a jog, the soldier still had his gun and as they did so the militia behind the barricade showed themselves, guns still raised but not firing.

It seems the Prydanians would at least, have a chance to talk, but this could be a trap as well.

Dear Alexander Garcia of Berkowitzia,

I am sorry I have been unresponsive as for the better point of a month maybe more. I have been in Prydania dealing with other matters. I am now aware of your issues, I do not pretend to know your policies and your methods, I feel for your people I truly do, no one should have to suffer or be that angry. But perhaps it is the way you govern them? it is hard for communism to find a footing when they can't establish roots into the minds of the people when the people aren't upset or angry and looking for a solution, any solution to the problem.

They are angry, sure, but Why are they angry? review your policy, listen to your people, if they aren't angry they have less reason to listen to idiots wielding sticks in the name of "the people."
As for the communists in Norsia, they have at this point lost. if they do not surrender they will be crushed and some form of order will be reestablished to Norsia, the aid your communists are getting from ours will soon fade away if it hasn't already from the noose we have tied.

But I will NOT come to a foreign nation where I have a high likelihood of getting mobbed or shot on the doorstep of its capital building, I will NOT send in my Royal army to act as Imperialist goose stepping jackboots on the necks of a foreign people who at the moment, are not actually at war with themselves, nor do I have the capability to even send them over with how absolutely wrecked Norsia is. with or without a civil war in Berkowitzia, I cannot assist you at this present time.

I am sorry.

Sincerly,
Queen Alycia Rochette
Queen of the United Kingdoms of Norsia

Alycia finished writing the letter and sealed it with her stamp and gave it to a RNA messenger. who promptly ran off.
a few minutes later his motorcycle could be heard loudly racing off.

Sleswick held his men back from firing on the truck, red crosses blazing in the sun a blatant warning to not fire. Prydanian troops had occupied most of the town, this enclave being the exception. It was the clinic that made it special, and the clinic that demanded a more delicate approach.

Sleswick looked up again at the RLA flag with writing scribbled on it.
"Aider" he muttered. He spoke Ceretian Nor. He knew the word "help" when he saw it. He was just about to motion for Colonel Jensen when what looked like a doctor and a RLA Sergeant began to approach from the makeshift barricade. Sleswick observed them for a moment before setting his binoculars down.

"They're not lowering their weapons" he muttered to Jensen.
"And they're not coming with a white flag. Prepare the mortars!" he called out in Prydanian.

"Sir..." the Colonel replied, concerned. "I'm not sure..."
"Relax" he replied bluntly. "I'll leave it up to them whether or not we blast them out of creation or not."

Sleswick handed his binoculars to Jensen and motioned for two soldiers to follow him out into the street. The morning sun was bright, causing him to squint a bit. He kept walking until he was a reasonable distance from the approaching doctor and RLA Sergeant. He stopped, and called out in Ceretian Nors.

"Have you come to accept our terms of surrender?" he asked bluntly as he called out to them.

The RLA soldier stopped abruptly after a few more steps and held out his hand for the doctor to stop, once he did he lowered his hand and took another step. he took a few seconds to cringe and shake his head slightly.

"Your Ceretian Nors sounds like a dog dying." he chuckled for a second before he started to deftly unload his magazine and unchamber the round, keeping his ammo in one hand and letting his strapped rifle fall to his side as he let it go.

"I am acting for Lieutenant Cyrille Lorraine when I say the Defectors of Unit 12 surrender." he grabs his gun again and holds it into the air, soon the men and women still behind the barricades do the same.

The doctor steps forward "Enough of this, we have more sick and injured than me or my volunteers can treat, and we are at such full capacity that the sick and injured are overflowing into the morgue, we needs extra hands and quickly!"

Sleswick just frowned as his Ceretian Nors was critiqued, not quite sharing the soldier's need to chuckle. He didn't let it bother him though, not after the sergeant and his men formally surrendered.

"I'm not in the business of letting good soldiers die needlessly" Sleswick replied. "In accordance to the orders of Queen Alycia, your men will be granted full amnesty and afforded the protection of my men for as long as Her Grace deems my presence in your country necessary."

He turned to one of the soldiers accompanying him. "Have Colonel Jansen get our medics and our supplies here as soon as possible." He spoke in Ceretian Nors, to a Prydanian solider he knew spoke it. He wanted to show these holdouts he meant what he had said. The solider saluted, returning a "yes sir" in Prydanian before heading back to the Prydanian lines.

"Welcome to peacetime" he said to the sergeant and doctor, before cracking somewhat of an uncomfortable smile.
"Don't worry. I'm just as unfamiliar with it as you are."

The council watches the ongoing events with much interest, it had been years since they had much contact with the international community, slowly building up their military strength.
One of they newest spy planes have shown pictures of the ongoing conflict. Everyone in the room supported the idea of helping the new queen and the ongoing fight.
Secretary of defense Mark kurger urges President Wikins to join the fight to showcase the new military might of the federation.
"No. We cannot just join in the fight just to show off we need a plan. I suggest we put our forces on standby but send humanitarian aid instead lord knows the people need it. It could also help foster better relationship with the people and the country." Foreign minster Charles Kaff argued.
"I agree to both of your views, how about this we shall send our newest aircraft Carrier, TFTN-Tarrawa together with 5 ships loaded with medical aid and basic supplies. Task Force Eagle will be on the aircraft carrier if anything goes wrong." Wikins suggested trying to get the best of both worlds.
The rest of the council were in agreement and Mark Kurger begrudgingly agreed.
With that preparations for the mission is underway.
A message was sent to the Queen of Thederic Nors.
To the esteemed leader of Tederic Nors
We have witnessed your rise to power and would fully support you in your on-going campaign to bring peace back to the region. We understand that you will need supplies to help defeat the rebels, do not hesitate to call upon us for help if you need it. Our leaders in the Federation have decided to send our newest Aircraft Carrier and 5 cargo ships loaded with medical and other supplies to help in the recovery and rebuilding. Should you choose to deny this offer we shall withdraw and wish you the best of luck in your campaign.
Regards
Charles Kaff
Ministry of foreign affairs

Sfan pinched the bridge of his nose. The blatant grand-standing of various world leaders about this whole debacle, shouting passionate invective and propaganda into their microphones in front of crowds and broadcast over all Eras gave him quite the headache. Matters of international diplomacy would not be solved in a shouting match, he felt. Rather, it was the subtle and deliberate machinations of a private letter here, a handshake there, a nod or a briefcase containing a few choice sheets of information that solved most problems.

And by these standards he wrote another letter. Formal, plain, and spartan, similar to his quickly souring mood.

Sovereign Tobias III of Prydania,

I was informed of your address to me some time ago regarding the presence of my navy in the waters off of the Korovan coast, and I sincerely appreciate your forthrightness in your advisement to move these,
to facilitate some ideal of peace and progress. Thusly, I feel it is only appropriate to respond in private letter regarding my concerns.

To request I withdraw the Yeran fleet from an area of political and military instability to assuage your fears of open war with my state seem to be entirely unfounded. We maintain a vested interest in a number of the countries bordering the waters between the Auburn Isles and Craviter and see this suggestion for withdrawing ships that may become necessary should instability break out as entirely short-sighted and contrarian to the wishes of any rational folk. That is not to say the blockade situation across the Norsian waters will remain permanently, just that we will maintain a strong military presence in the area to safeguard against potential insurgencies and instabilities breaking out and potentially harming stability in the region.

In short, I will not be issuing any command for the withdrawal of Yeran ships. I trust this ends the matter.

With Faith,

Sfan K'ter, Grand General of the Stan Yera, Federal Premier of the Stan Yera

O4aao38.png

Federal Premier K'ter,

Your work in your protectorate of Korova is admirable. I sincerely hope the day comes soon when your work has reached a point where the Korovan refugees in my realm, fleeing the disaster that visited their nation, may return with a guarantee of safety and security. I trust with any luck Korova will once again be able to stand side by side with the nations of the world thanks to your efforts.
With that said the purposes a blockade of the United Kingdom of Norsia serves in protecting Korovan interests is lost on myself, and my ministers. Norsian, Malorian, Kanadian, and Prydanian forces in Norsia find themselves within reach of a permanent victory in that country. Any need for your blockade will soon be over once a peace has been achieved.
In so far as the Auburn Isles go, I would remorse if I did not remind you that the third largest island, Tempest Holm, is part of the Prydanian Realm. My family's ancient seat gives me a unique appreciation for the plight of the Auburn Islands. As such I wish to do anything in my power to help with your rehabilitation of Korova. In that respect I sincerely hope your government consults mine on the need for the navy of the Stan Yera to enter Prydanian territorial waters between the mainland and Tempest Holm.

Sincerely and with much respect,
Tobias III Lothbrok
King of Prydania, Lord Protector of Austurland, Marshal of Beaconsfield, Lord Uniter, Defender of the Faith​

the peoples council convened around the table, covered in papers and rubble, out of the thirty two were absent, the field marshals off commanding their respective fronts or the lack thereof.
everyone in the room were dressed as officers, all carrying a sidearm the one wearing the red star on his cap holding papers spoke.

"In light of the recent call for surrender and the listing of its terms, which you have all heard I am sure. I call this war meeting open, the topic. what the hell are we going to do?" he called out and immediately the back and forth had started between two of them.

"Our military condition could be described in one rude word, and the Malorians are currently slaughtering us from afar and we have no real recourse outside of the Cogorians. Who at this point no doubt want to wash their hands of this conflict, its time to take that surre-"
"You can't be serious! and what of the people's revolution? of the grand dream of this republic?" a woman called out and interrupted the older man talking before her.

"Simply put, its dead, comrade Doullier. a lot of our soldiers have lost heart and are scattering, those who remain loyal are dying in a ditch, the rest are shooting each other. the north has dropped communication, Rodier won't pick up the phone or maybe they have abandoned the city who knows? and as our comrade has already stated, we are being bombed into mulch."

"if we are losing conventional why haven't we gone unconventional like I have argued the last two sessions?" The woman continued

"and what good would hiding in a hole do? we had the superior advantage earlier this year and through most of the war! all it took was Prydanian air support turning the tide of the Battle at Epiris to screw up our initiative. Then Maloria and Kanada Joined, what would be different?"

"We would be less predictable! we would be able to take the fight to the enemy without a front line.." the woman responded growingly defensive.

"Comrade Douiller, I think you will find a guerrilla war without popular support or soldiers to carry it out a very hard task to achieve.. Do it if you may, but you do not speak or act for me."

"Enough. we have heard the points. we shall do this then.. If you wish to continue a fight from the underground, take your sidearm and put it on the table.." the chairman called
Four officers of the military, the minister of defense and the minister of information put their guns on the table.

the man nodded and continued. "Those who would accept the Cogorians offer of asylum? take a step away from the table and raise your hand, we can always return and continue the fight in the future, or continue it abroad." Twelve men stepped back and raised their hands looking down at their feet with a kind of unified shame.

"Those that would surrender, and standardize into that bitches new nation, salute with your heart.." The chairman raised his hand to his chest and stepped back. after a few seconds. the remainder made their choices. Six would surrender, one would fight, the last three would flee.
The chairman nodded slowly. "Those that would fight or leave, do so now. your time is short.. Godspeed." the round table saluted each other, before those that would fight or flee quickly left the room, and soon would flee the building and scatter to the wind, either in their lonesome or in groups or pairs, all with armed escorts.

the chairman looked among those that remained. "I hate myself sometimes.. get the victors on the phone.. Tell them the PRN accepts surrender unconditionally. and radio to all command to cease fire.."

Janurary 9th 2018​

Everyone had gathered at a small round table in the still standing city hall of Rodier, the PRN on the left side of the table, the UNP on the right, everyone in suits and military officer uniforms. RNA soldiers armed with rifles and swords covered every door. Colart stood at Alycia's side along with Major Baschet. opposite of them, Gabriel Duboz, the one and only man in the PRN leadership who was averse to violent revolution now its leader in surrender. Foreign officers or dignitaries present over the proceedings where requested or required.

Alycia pushed forward the treaty paper and pen towards Duboz. the conditions of the treaty were clear in print, the PRN junta in Western Nors would dissolve, and allow way for a new Regional Government to be installed. any and all standardized PRN members must swear against further violent revolution, and attempts at secession. and agree to adhere to the Supreme Laws of the Constitution.

within a few minutes Duboz had signed the treaty putting it into effect as he rose from leaning over the desk he took his sidearm from its holster and surrendered it to Queen Alycia. Alycia took Duboz's pistol and gave a head bow. barely a word was ever uttered during the whole affair aside from verbal instructions on how to sign the treaty and the conditions of it.

very few news journalists were allowed in and only with cameras and pen pads, constantly taking notes or pictures of any little detail that may be significant. Radios, TV's and soon Newspapers would proclaim it to the masses throughout Norsia wherever it could reach and to whomever was listening, "Norsian Civil War Ends!" "Victory Day for the Kingdom!" "Duboz signs Rodier Treaty!"

Where Norsia stands now at the end of The House of Rebellion.

With the signing of the Treaty of Rodier the Civil War has ended, but the nation remains just as divided as ever between the socialists, the democrats, the monarchists and the growingly agitated grumblings of the nationalists. the hardline PRN members have gone underground to continue the revolution, those who have standardized have disavowed and swore against their former comrades. very few continue the revolution through democratic means, others resign themselves to be content with possible compromise.

Norsia is in the full grips of winter, those without food, water and power are desperate, the winter is claiming many lives and threatens to claim countless more. the Army is now a humanitarian force as well as a peacekeeping force in these desperate times. Every Norsian, Man and woman, boy and girl must answer the call, the Civil war has been fought and won by the Kingdom, now a new war must be fought, the war of recovery; and everyone is a soldier in that war. the new warcry "All Norsia Foward!"

Queen Alycia's legitimacy is in question and whether or not she abdicates rests in the hands of a referendum that the Queen herself had called. next to that elections are called to be on the same day; the same month the same year. December 20th, 2020. the newly forming parties are already drawing their battle lines as the new provincial lines are drafted.

The Royal Norsian army stood down and withdrew from the Korovan border as the Blockade had ended, the Northern border region in Eastern Nors would still remain re-militarized. the food shipments from Norsia to Prydania have ceased, as the surplus of food the east once had must now move west to prevent imminent widespread famine.

The Norsian Nationalist Party continue to agitate and incite disorganized crowds of people, but without the civil war and the war exhaustion to rally against or behind they have lost a major vocal piece and weapon. most of the protests and riots break down a
few days after the treaty of Rodier is announced.

((This post marks the closure of this thread))

Back