Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia

GAKgn84.png

INTRODUCTION
Welcoming all spammers! I'd like to introduce to you - Ultimate Spamwars 2017 - the number one and only forum spamming competition known to the North Pacific! But what is a Spamwar?... You may ask - well, a Spamwar is a term I've coined to describe the merciless battle of posting power between two or more people. So why have I decided to start this competition then? If you've ever spammed before, or have ever seen spamming happen on this forum, you might know it can get a little crazy. Some of us spam for fun, and some of us spam for the sake of it. Either way, I thought it'd be a great idea to bring a community together in our favourite forum hobby, spamming!

Not only will this bring massive activity to our OOC area, but it might develop much stronger connections between members of this community who don't really talk or haven't got to know each other. I have so much planned for this, so I hope the best comes from it. When you look at other communities, they each have their own community festivals or events, some massive and some tiny - and that is what I hope to create, something we can be proud of and something we can all share as our event - our thing. I know you'll all help this idea reach such heights.

I joined this community spamming, from day one to now. This community has seen some serious giants, such as the much famed IndieGirl (who has unfortunately grown inactive again, but maintains an almost unbreakable position at the top of the Overall Posters list with 28,600 posts!), OPArsenal (spamming since 2005), and some much newer faces to the forums, such as McMasterdonia (18,182 posts in just under 5 years!) and Syrixia, who has amazingly broken into the Top 10 Overall Posters in under that time! And this is just to name a few! The purpose of this competition is to encourage greater activity, and maybe even to inspire some newer members, so they can join the posting legends some day.

The following few paragraphs will detail some of the activities and the events that will be taking place over the next year. A few months will be given to each event, so everything doesn't happen at the same time. I will attempt to explain them thoroughly and as clearly as I can.

FULL SPAMWARS SCHEDULE

Event [c] Dates [c] Novice League [c] Begins January 1st, 2017.
Ends December 30th, 2017.
[c] Standard League [c] Begins January 1st, 2017.
[c] Expert League [c] Begins January 1st, 2017.
[c] Legendary League [c] Begins January 1st, 2017.
Ends December 1st, 2017.
[c] Final Championship Battle [c] Begins December 1st, 2017.
Ends December 31st, 2017.

SPAM LEAGUES
There will be four spam leagues - Novice, Standard, Expert and Legendary. Each of those leagues has different requirements and challenges. The leagues will work by totalling all of a members posts made between two dates. Each league will have unlimited places, and is only bound to the number of posts someone makes. There will be updates to all of the leagues at the end of each date. The person at the top of each league will be crowned either Novice Champion, Standard Champion, Expert Champion or Legendary Champion.

To be validated for a championship title in any of the leagues, a certain number of posts must have been made in between the two dates. The number of posts recorded at the start of the date will be taken, and the number of posts at the end of the date. The difference will be calculated between the two and then updated as total posts. No posts made after the ending date will be counted as part of the previous recording. To sort everyone into their leagues, signups will be open all year. Someone can join the spam leagues, as they run all year round. At the end of each month, I will update all of the tables and begin the new month, and after all 12 months are over, awards will be handed out and the new season will begin in 2018.

The novice league accomodates members that are new to the spamming scene, who wish to rest their for a while. More advanced members can help them out of the beginners leagues and get them used to the higher league standards. The higher you go, the tougher it gets, so new members will need a place to rest for a few weeks if they can't maintain the post rate of the higher leagues.

To enter the Novice League, you must make 25 posts in January.

The Novice Champion is awarded the following trophy;

IqYSaD1.png
The standard league is where most people will be, it is admittedly not going to be the nicest place. The standards are normal, but keeping the post rate for a whole month can be difficult. Those in the higher leagues from here will have no problem cracking this. For some, this might be as far as they ever get, but for others, it will be a breeze.

To enter the Standard League, you must make 100 posts in January.

The Standard Champion is awarded the following trophy;

Hx2Mu1n.png
The Expert League is for the regular spammers, those who have spammed for a while and can keep up with the influx of posts and threads will find this quite easy, but breaking into the Expert League will take lots of effort for some. This league has a very special twist to it. The amount of posts needed to stay in the league increases every single month.

It begins in January, the requirement is 300 posts. Each month from then, the bar is raised by 10 posts. By December, Expert Spammers must make 420 posts to stay in the league.

The Expert Champion is awarded the following trophy;

J17Nfrv.png
The Legendary League is not for those with active lives. Enter at your own peril, as this league does not hold back. I doubt anyone will enter this league within the first month. The requirements are raised hugely throughout the year, and only spam legends would ever think of trying to conquer it completely. Records will be broken in this league, no doubt - but the question is - who will break them?

To enter the Legendary League, you must make 600 posts in January. From here, the bar is raised by 25 posts every month. By December, Spam Legends will be making 900 posts.

The Legendary Champion is awarded the following trophy;

5tTFloj.png

FINAL CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE
From the Legendary League, the top three competitors will battle it out over the course of a month. The person who posts the most within that month will be crowned as the Ultimate Spam Champion of the North Pacific - quite the title. The runners up will be just as respected, and the winner will go down in North Pacific history, as the greatest poster of 2017. So, not much on the line then. The final battle will take place around December next year, but it could come earlier if holiday celebrations start to get in the way. The Final Battle will be watched by everyone, from the Novice Spammers to the Legendary. All will cease, and watch the OOC explode with posts. New spam threads will be made, the records will be challenged and the books of spam history may well be rewritten all together.

ROUND & TOURNAMENT SYSTEM
During the Final Championship Battle, each league will have a seperate running tournament. Each tournament will be managed differently depending on the number of competitors still in each league. If the number of remaining competitors is odd, the person with the most posts in that league will be placed in the final of the tournament and the others will spam it out to face them. Winners of each tournament will be named Honorary (Novice, Standard, Expert or Legendary) Champion. More information on the round system and the extra tournaments coming soon.

TEAM BATTLES
Get ready for one of the most epic spam games of all time - Team Battles! Found a team, be a captain - or join a team! Come up with a team name, plan for times and threads in which to bombard with posts and so much more. Be it a 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or even a 5v5, these battles are going to get intense, so expect much rivalry. Team Battles can be organized throughout the leagues, and someone from a lower league can be chosen as part of an expert or even legendary team. Feel free to work together to move eachother up, or be a lonewolf and climb the ladders on your own, nevertheless - it's time to spam! Get out there, have fun and remember to follow the rules of forum etiquette.

QrbnQEK.png
Code:
[b]Team Name:[/b]

[b]Team Captain:[/b]

[b]What league is the captain currently in?:[/b]

[b]Team Objective:[/b] (What is your team aiming for?)

[b]What matches are your team interested in?:[/b] (2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, all, or other?)

SIGNUP INFORMATION
To signup for Ultimate Spamwars 2017, all you need to do is fill out the application form below and post it in the thread. I will get back to you as quickly and as often as possible once you've applied. Signups are open all year round, so it doesn't matter if you're a few days late to the party - you'll just have less days to get the required number of posts for league validation. But don't worry, you'll have 11 more chances to gain some ground in the upcoming year. I will add you to the roster once you're application is accepted so I know that I need to check you at the end of January.

This thread serves as a discussion thread for Spamwars, new threads will be created for any updates or announcements outside of this one. I will be selecting a few helpers who can verify applications and welcome people into the different leagues. I'd be completely overworking myself if I tried to handle everything on my own. So if you want to help me out with this, shoot me a PM and we'll talk things over.

Code:
[b]Forum Name[/b]:

[b]Posts per Day[/b]: (To find this out, just click on your profile and it should say it.)

[b]Would you be interested in joining a team?[/b]:

AWARDS
Award [c] Description [c]
jbZdP4y.png
[c] Awarded to the spammer who wins the Final Championship Battle. Crowned as the Ultimate Spam Champion of the North Pacific for 2017. [c]
3hJA4aq.png
[c] Awarded to the spammer with the largest post increase since the start of the year. I'll determine this by adding all of the months up, it should be pretty obvious unless the Final Battle is extremely close. [c]
70cHQmh.png
[c] Awarded to the spammer who makes the most posts in one day. This in incalculable on my part, but if you feel like you've made a lot of posts in one day, make sure to send me a screenshot of your posts on the day. [c]
0391slq.png
[c] Awarded to the spammer who makes the most posts in one week. I'll need people to send me their data for this one, whoever shows evidence of the largest post increase in one week shall win the award. [c]
OgFq6Nh.png
[c] Awarded to the spammer who makes the most posts in one month. I will be able to calculate this. [c]
veyuMMl.png
[c] Awarded to the winner of the Peoples' Vote for Best Spammer. At the end of the year, nominations and votes will take place for this award.
That's about it! If you have any questions at all, please ask away!

Tomb:
Forum Name: Tomb

Posts per Day: 7.5

Would you be interested in joining a team?: Sure.
For everyone elses' information, Tomb has also been made a Spam Helper. He'll be able to verify your applications, give out information and all other helper associated things.

Accepted - adding to the roster now.

Forum Name: Kasch

Posts per Day: 23.7

Would you be interested in joining a team?: I'd be interested in both joining and creating a team.

( I'll also be taking part btw :P )

Forum Name: Yalkan

Posts per Day: 3.9

Would you be interested in joining a team?: Hell to the yes.

Forum Name: Tego99

Posts per Day:0.1

Would you be interested in joining a team?: Okay

Forum Name: Syrixia

Posts per Day: 12.4

You are all going down.

Syrixia:
Forum Name: Syrixia

Posts per Day: 12

You are all going down.
Accepted :P

I expect to see you climbing those leagues pretty fast then.

Eh, why not.

Forum Name: Darcania

Posts per Day: 2.1 (more than it seems, considering my full-year absence)

Darcania:
Eh, why not.

Forum Name: Darcania

Posts per Day: 2.1 (more than it seems, considering my full-year absence)

Accepted!!!

and added to the roster.

Something that may be a good idea to implement: You have to actually participate in the threads, or the thread you make has to actually start a topic/game. Simply spamming, for example:
should be disallowed. Don't want to make the admins do too much work.

Yeah, so if you do want to make a new spam thread, or participate in the competition, your posts have to have context - they can't be like the example above.

I'm pretttttty new around here, but I'd love to join in!

Forum Name: Supree

Posts per Day: 0.4

Would you be interested in joining a team?: Yeah!

Supree:
I'm pretttttty new around here, but I'd love to join in!

Forum Name: Supree

Posts per Day: 0.4

Would you be interested in joining a team?: Yeah!
Great, getting involved is the best way to start! :P

Accepted.

Forum Name: Bootsie

Posts per Day: 1.8

Would you be interested in joining a team?: Sure, why not?

I'm coming for you, Syrixia.

Kasch, could it be made clear exactly how teams would work? Would teams just add together their post counts for each month? Would it be their average that would be submitted, so team members could keep a fellow teammate in the target league? How does it work?

Darcania:
Kasch, could it be made clear exactly how teams would work? Would teams just add together their post counts for each month? Would it be their average that would be submitted, so team members could keep a fellow teammate in the target league? How does it work?
Teams don't stay in the leagues together, and their post counts are not added to the ones in the leagues. In team battles, I'll be tracking the posts of each member at the start of the battle, and the posts of each member at the end of the battle. The highest average between the team members and the teams declares the winner. Teams are not contained within the leagues, while the leagues are going on, teams can battle it out for dominance over the spam forums. There will be a tournament later on in the year if enough teams are created, but if not, then one team will just be declared winner.

A team can challenge another team, and can customize the size of the battle (up to 5v5 if enough members are available). A team can also customize the time settings of the battle, the challenger that is. It can be for a single day, or an entire month, but nothing more than a month and nothing less than a day. Teams can cooperate to help each other in league spamming, but all members are counted as individuals and not counted as the collective team. It is only in Team Battles that members are counted in teams, obviously. Hope this explains it.

Bootsie:
Forum Name: Bootsie

Posts per Day: 1.8

Would you be interested in joining a team?: Sure, why not?

I'm coming for you, Syrixia.
Accepted, glad to see you've joined us! :P

Forum Name: [me]

Posts per Day: 1.6

Would you be interested in joining a team?: Certainly.

I had ~460 posts last February, which brought my average up from 0.1 to 2.0! :P
Let's do this! :D

Forum Name: Crodaria

Posts per Day: 0.3

Would you be interested in joining a team?: yes

I think this will be interesting to take part of.

Forum Name: Mystery Player

Posts per Day: (To find this out, just click on your profile and it should say it.) 1.1 (have not been very active recently though.)

Would you be interested in joining a team?: sure

Forum Name: FrozenTopHat

Posts per Day: 7

Would you be interested in joining a team?: Yes, as long as I'm not on the same team as Kasch. :P

Frozentophat:
Forum Name: FrozenTopHat

Posts per Day: 7

Would you be interested in joining a team?: Yes, as long as I'm not on the same team as Kasch. :P
Excuse me?

The amount of posts you have from about 10 minutes ago has been recorded, another check will be run at the end of the month to see what leagues you all get put in. In the meantime - you can spam, create a team, join a team and so much more!

Have fun!!

Team Name: Scammers Spam team

Team Captain: Lord Emmanuel

What league is the captain currently in?: Novice League

Team Objective: (What is your team aiming for? Top winners

What matches are your team interested in?: All

Lord Emmanuel:
Team Name: Scammers Spam team

Team Captain: Lord Emmanuel

Team Objective: (What is your team aiming for? Top winners

For your team to be officially recognized, you'll need one more member. You can't be in a team battle with just the captain, so if you want other people to join your team, I'd get asking around before we get too far into January.

Nevertheless, your application was accepted and I will update the roster.

Team Name: IndieGirl Fan Club

Team Captain: Syrixia

Team Objective: As high as a team can go.

Syrixia:
Team Name: IndieGirl Fan Club

Team Captain: Syrixia

Team Objective: As high as a team can go.

Team application accepted.

I have an interest in joining your team, Syrixia, can I become a member?

Team Name: The Greatest Spammers

Team Captain: Mystery Player

What league is the captain currently in?: Standard League (I believe I started with 211 posts, this post marks my 334th)

Team Objective: (What is your team aiming for?) To win it all.

What matches are your team interested in?: (2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, all, or other?) All

Back