Plembobria for Delegate

plembobria

TNPer
-
:tnp:
KMOj9d3.png
zv7oY6e.gif
Hello TNPers! After discussions with trusted colleagues and my Dearest Mother, I must announce that I am running for Delegate of the North Pacific. Why would I do such a thing? Sit back and I’ll tell ya.

Well first of all, I am active. And that is totes a big deal. Trust me on that one. Secondly, I have experience in several branches of the regional government. I have served in the NPA, Executive Staff (HA, Culture, and FA), Cabinet, and Security Council.

What’s more, in those positions, I’ve gotten stuff done! I was a pretty active soldier during my short stint in the NPA, I was a busy bee ambassador and recruiter. (Though The Northern Lights has been lagging, so the jobs of ambassadors has largely been reduced.) On the SC I’ve been an active endotarter. Those buggers even put me #2 in the line of succession. (Not even my idea.) In the HA Ministry, as minister, and previously as Recruitment Director, I’ve kept TG’s, both manual and automatic, flying out like crazy. On the Court, I presided over one of the most controversial court cases in recent history, and took it all the way to the end. (See, told ya I was active.)

With-All-Due-Respect-I-Get-Shit-Done-Funny-Hillary-Clinton-Meme-Image.jpg

So that leads us to the question. If the Regional Assembly (that’s y’all!) actually decides to make me Head of State, what would I even do? Most importantly, I will Make TNP Great Again keep the lights on. As HA minster, I oversee a relatively small staff, but I have to make sure that I continuously nag people as much as I can so our TGs get sent out on time.

I will try my best to make sure that initiatives of each and every ministry get carried out. I’ll try to keep ministers on the ball, following through with their ideas.

Finally, since I am the third son of Joshua Ravenclaw, and recent Delegate Hyacinth Ravenclaw, I will advance conspiracy theories by adding another Ravenclaw to the list of regional leaders.

Specific Ministerial Goals:

Rename Ministry of Peace The NPA seems to be showing an uptick in activity. Under my leadership I intend to work with the NPA’s leaders to keep it active by making sure all members are notified of missions, and doubling down on recruitment.

I will continue to support the NPA’s status as an Independent™ military organization.

Merge Ministry of Peace Under the current government’s leadership the FA is slowly being revitalized. I mean to continue this. Ambassadors’ main job has been to syndicate The Northern Lights to other regions. But the publication has stalled lately. In between publications, the FA ministry will publish brief digests on TNP happenings either weekly or biweekly which will be posted in ambassador’s office threads.

Rename Ministry of Love This ministry has a broad but specific purpose. I will make sure our regional dispatches are up-to-date. I shall also work to continue the RMB Guardian program.

Rename Ministry of Truth The Northern Lights needs to be jumpstarted! Three words: Nag, Nag, Nag. I’ll try to make the TNL come out at least monthly. This will be no simple task, since we only have a few writers. So I intend to annoy the hell out of them monitor their progress and try to encourage them to stay focused.

TNL is a great newspaper when it comes out. I want that to continue.

Merge with Ministry of Truth I’ve always been slightly annoyed that Culture has often failed to follow up with the cultural events it discusses. Raven’s government seems to have had its efforts thwarted by IndieGirl’s CTE. I want them to put their plans into action. I’ll try to help them do this.

Rename Ministry of Plenty Under my delegacy the HA will continue how it’s been doing! The telegrams will keep flying, both automatic and manual.

So that’s my platform! Continuity with change! Keep the lights on, make ‘em brighter! Here’s a campaign button:
6JD8y5y.png

Here’s another one:
KzRrrjX.png

I'm also running on a ticket with Yeraennus! Here's a button for that:
98xf9ZR.png

Feel free to post any questions or accusations (real or imagined) that come to mind!

I'm just wondering how you get an Emoji with your own flag.

On a more serious note, I like the looks of this. It all seems sound to me.

Malphe:
Ask Lennart!

quak1234:
What will you take into consideration when voting in the World Assembly?
Largely the will of the citizenry on the forum vote, but also our regional interest.

Wolfenia PFK:
I have a question, What is your political ideology?
RL or NS? :P

Wolfenia PFK:
Question: Will re-election be a factor in your day to day decisions as Delegate?
No. At this point I have no idea if I would even desire to be re-elected.

plembobria:
Malphe:
Ask Lennart!

quak1234:
What will you take into consideration when voting in the World Assembly?
Largely the will of the citizenry on the forum vote, but also our regional interest.

Wolfenia PFK:
I have a question, What is your political ideology?
RL or NS? :P

Wolfenia PFK:
Question: Will re-election be a factor in your day to day decisions as Delegate?
No. At this point I have no idea if I would even desire to be re-elected.
NS please.

I was wondering what you think about the current system for retaining new nations in the region. My belief is that there are many good resources that are somewhat hard to find and that efforts should be made to make new nations aware of such resources and make them easy. For example adding the education help desk to the hot bar at the top of the forums (Just an example). What would your response to this issue be; do you think change is needed or not?

Plemby, there are few others who have served TNP so loyally and with such dedication. There are even fewer who have done it without bragging or acquiring an inflated self-worth. I am very happy to see you run for Delegate and you have my fullest support.

Also: who would be your pick for vice delegate (or hasn't that been decided yet)?
and will they be able to match bootsie/praetor's claims that they will ensure citizenship applications take no longer than 3 days?

Northern Scovia:
NS please.
Independent!

Techislovakia:
I was wondering what you think about the current system for retaining new nations in the region. My belief is that there are many good resources that are somewhat hard to find and that efforts should be made to make new nations aware of such resources and make them easy. For example adding the education help desk to the hot bar at the top of the forums (Just an example). What would your response to this issue be; do you think change is needed or not?
Well not long ago we had mentoring, though that program eventually crumbled. I'm not too sure of it's effectiveness. Putting a link to the helpdesk in the info box maybe a sound idea, however, getting people involved is the most important thing, so targeted recruitment for things like RP, the NPA, etc. is likely what is to get nations to stay.

Myroria:
Plemby, there are few others who have served TNP so loyally and with such dedication. There are even fewer who have done it without bragging or acquiring an inflated self-worth. I am very happy to see you run for Delegate and you have my fullest support.
:hug:

Techislovakia:
Also: who would be your pick for vice delegate (or hasn't that been decided yet)?
and will they be able to match bootsie/praetor's claims that they will ensure citizenship applications take no longer than 3 days?
I don't have a pick! The RA elects the Delegate and the Vice Delegate separately, so there isn't much point in picking one, and as of now I can't make any endorsements.

With regard to citizenship applications, those both require security checks by the Vice Delegate and the administrators, so it is out of my power. So the answer to your question is as follows: I have no intention of making promises I can't keep.

Lennart:
I am with you, Plemby, no doubt about it.
:hug:

If elected delegate, which of our many and numerous laws are you most excited to break? How flagrant do you intend to be in your criminal activities and abuses of power?

Are you a member of the Oligarchy or the IRCabal?

Tomb:
Good luck, Plemby.

Darklord:
Good luck.May the winner will be the best for TNP. :)

Gladio:
Good luck

Thank you all! I shall need all the luck I can get!

SillyString:
If elected delegate, which of our many and numerous laws are you most excited to break? How flagrant do you intend to be in your criminal activities and abuses of power?
The sanity clause of the Reckless Endorsement Gathering Law of course!* And as much as possible!*

SillyString:
Are you a member of the Oligarchy or the IRCabal?
I like to count myself among the ranks of them, though their members may disavow.

*This is a joke.

Since TNP is the greatest power in the NS world, would you consider instituting a TNP Empire, with snazzy uniforms and something that is no moon?

Barbarossistan:
Since TNP is the greatest power in the NS world, would you consider instituting a TNP Empire, with snazzy uniforms and something that is no moon?
I would certainly consider it, and then decide against it. We have a reputation to upkeep and all.

Barbarossistan:
pity, imagine how much better our reputation could be

Let's hope you change your mind when you're drunk with power
I may considering the amount of rum in Magicality Manor
:rum:

Barbarossistan:
I mean, I'd put my life on the line for the Galactic North Pacific Empire, but nobody else would stand a chance. We want to keep NS balanced politically, right?

Malphe:
Barbarossistan:
I mean, I'd put my life on the line for the Galactic North Pacific Empire, but nobody else would stand a chance. We want to keep NS balanced politically, right?

we do?

Barbarossistan:
Malphe:
Barbarossistan:

we do?
Good point.

I am going to wait for some other people to announce their candidacy before deciding who to ultimately support. For all I know, a better campaign may pop up soon.

Kasch:
I am going to wait for some other people to announce their candidacy before deciding who to ultimately support. For all I know, a better campaign may pop up soon.
Good thinking.

Malphe:
Kasch:
Good thinking.
I find it very hypocritical of you Malphe to go into a candidates thread agree it's good to wait to decide while you sport the campaign material of their opponent in your Signature.

Generally, why is it better for the Delegate and Vice Delegate to stand together on a ticket than to stand independently of each other? Particularly, why is it better for yourself to stand and be elected as Delegate and Vice Delegate as a ticket with Yeraennus rather than standing independently of each other?

Ah, Zyvet has sniped me here. But I am going to post the same thing that I did in the other thread, for consistency. Take that!

Why are you running on a ticket?

I'm asking this seriously, and would really like a thoughtful and thorough answer. We elect our Delegate and Vice Delegate separately, and the idea of a ticket only started within the last couple of years - I believe mcm and I pioneered it, IIRC. Ever since then, though, candidates have started pairing themselves off in ways that are not really clear to me (and probably not to most voters). Honestly, I find it a worrying trend.

So. What is it about the other person on your ticket that convinced you to try to tie yourselves together in the minds of the voters? What kind of partnership do you two have that makes your pairing better for the region than your individual election? What concerns do you have about working with one of the other candidates for the delegacy or vice delegacy that you do not have about your running mate? Why should voters vote the ticket at all?

Zyvetskistaahn:
Generally, why is it better for the Delegate and Vice Delegate to stand together on a ticket than to stand independently of each other? Particularly, why is it better for yourself to stand and be elected as Delegate and Vice Delegate as a ticket with Yeraennus rather than standing independently of each other?
Yeraennus and I are both active and enthusiastic. We support each other's plans for our respective positions, so i think together we present a good deal to voters.

SillyString:
Ah, Zyvet has sniped me here. But I am going to post the same thing that I did in the other thread, for consistency. Take that!

Why are you running on a ticket?

I'm asking this seriously, and would really like a thoughtful and thorough answer. We elect our Delegate and Vice Delegate separately, and the idea of a ticket only started within the last couple of years - I believe mcm and I pioneered it, IIRC. Ever since then, though, candidates have started pairing themselves off in ways that are not really clear to me (and probably not to most voters). Honestly, I find it a worrying trend.

So. What is it about the other person on your ticket that convinced you to try to tie yourselves together in the minds of the voters? What kind of partnership do you two have that makes your pairing better for the region than your individual election? What concerns do you have about working with one of the other candidates for the delegacy or vice delegacy that you do not have about your running mate? Why should voters vote the ticket at all?
I believe that we'd have a good working relationship together. We know each other quite well, and as mentioned above, we are both active and enthusiastic. I think my management of the executive, tied with his management of citizenship applications, could do quite a bit to welcome new active members to the community.

That said, though we mutually endorse each other, our campaigns are in fact separate, and people are more than welcome to support one of us and not the other, and I am more than willing to work with Praetor or Lore if elected and Yeraen is not.

plembobria:
Zyvetskistaahn:
Yeraennus and I are both active and enthusiastic. We support each other's plans for our respective positions, so i think together we present a good deal to voters.
Thank you for your answer to the question of yourself and Yeraennus particularly, however, it seems that you've ommitted to answer the question of why, generally, tickets are better (presuming you consider them to be)?

Also, is it your intention, whether it is Yeraennus who is returned as Vice Delegate or some other candidate, to seek to involve the Vice Delegate in your government, if you are returned as Delegate?

Granted I kind of have a vested interest in seeing you win the election since I made a kind of bet that you win. That doesn't mean I'm going to support you. I'm going to wait and see if other candidates declare before making a decision. Best of luck to you though.

Lord Lore:
Malphe:
Kasch:
Good thinking.
I find it very hypocritical of you Malphe to go into a candidates thread agree it's good to wait to decide while you sport the campaign material of their opponent in your Signature.
You have been rather passive aggressive to me, as of late. Regardless, I can appreciate an idea, even if I did not utilize said idea. And who I support has no bearing on that.
I respect you greatly, Lore, but I don't appreciate you going out of your way to call me out on every level.

Back