Pelhaforan Emergency OOC

Kannex

TNPer
To air your frustrations, or perhaps to tell us your deepest fears and commonly-occurring nighttime dreams, and maybe we'll psychologically deconstruct those dreams for you.

Me watching this.

NnoGhN1.gif

Its not an invasion...emmmemmmm ehhhhh.... Its a supply drop...... Of foodz and medicine for the poor poor people..... not paratroopers. *Puts "FOODZ" sticker on troopers helmet* SEE SEE!

Cogoria:
Also are the silos AA or are they ICBMS?
AA... Pelhafor hasn't confirmed without a doubt that the aircraft are from Congoria, since Congoria hasn't given a declaration of war or any declaration of the sort. So Pelhafor isn't going to shoot missiles at the Congorian homeland.

Plus I'm doubtful that Pelhafor would be advanced enough to possess ICBMs. They might have, maybe, one or two.

Righto, I'll do a post of them continuing on their merry way, have some suprises for any AA :) (shit ton of missiles spoofing as planes, got the inspiration fron a Tom Clancy, but the idea is sound :p )

Cogoria:
Righto, I'll do a post of them continuing on their merry way, have some suprises for any AA :) (shit ton of missiles spoofing as planes, got the inspiration fron a Tom Clancy, but the idea is sound :p )
Okay? *shrug*

hehehehehehehehehe

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cogoria had work till midnight and is now hitting his bunk -_-ZzzZZZz will have post for you tomorrow though

@Cog, I love a dramatic "open fire!" scene as much as everyone else, but what exactly are you firing at?

Underneath the wings of each of the large aircraft, four obselete KAH-22 cruise missiles dropped from their racks and ignited their motors. There were no warheads on any of them. Instead an ECM suite had been rigged up in the noses, broadcasting out identical electronic signatures as the planes, while the modified reflective skin gave a larger radar cross section. To any radar station observing, there were now four more fleets of planes. Each taking a slightly different heading as they split apart on different approached to the capitol.

For such carelessness the only answer is immediate and terrible war! But my nation can't afford that, so we'll just write a strongly worded letter :p

Cogoria:
For such carelessness the only answer is immediate and terrible war! But my nation can't afford that, so we'll just write a strongly worded letter :p
Kannex, as self-appointed protector of Pelhafor, would normally place an embargo on Cogoria for the attack, but international institutions in TNP are weak. :c Like, practically non-existent.

At any rate I'll think of something and post tonight.

Since I had already been doing some stuff in my personal RP about Tajis having protests in the north (our border with Pelhafor) I thought it would be fun for Reynard Anaukshai to immediately start blaming it on Pelhaforian communists so he'd be justified in using extreme force. I'm planning on turning this into a civil war of my own and was wondering if it could somehow be part of this RP as a smaller connected conflict. Thoughts?

Esplandia:
Since I had already been doing some stuff in my personal RP about Tajis having protests in the north (our border with Pelhafor) I thought it would be fun for Reynard Anaukshai to immediately start blaming it on Pelhaforian communists so he'd be justified in using extreme force. I'm planning on turning this into a civil war of my own and was wondering if it could somehow be part of this RP as a smaller connected conflict. Thoughts?
Go ahead! PM if you have ideas on ways to integrate our character storylines.

Checklist of prerequisites for one-liners:

- on mobile: check
- no reason to add anything more: check
- being rushed for time: check

Honestly, what else do you want me to say?

Nebula:
Checklist of prerequisites for one-liners:

- on mobile: check
- no reason to add anything more: check
- being rushed for time: check

Honestly, what else do you want me to say?
Something more would be nice. Please do not leave one-liners.

8d6.jpg
(Totally get where you're coming from with posting on the mobile and being rushed. But this popped into my mind so I thought I'd share.)

Nebula:
hehehehehehehehehe

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Kannex v Nebula confirmed :pinch: :clap:

I call bs on Kannex's description of propaganda on the grounds that the brainwashing is usually so effective that the people will be totally convinced of their own righteousness even when the facts are against them.

Citations: North Korea, Fox News

Nebula:
I call bs on Kannex's description of propaganda on the grounds that the brainwashing is usually so effective that the people will be totally convinced of their own righteousness even when the facts are against them.

Citations: North Korea, Fox News
This isn't necessarily correct - it's based on a fairly outdated model of media theory. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypodermic_needle_model

It's more accurate to say that people seek out media sources that justify or repeat their own opinions. Media is most effective at changing views where it introduces new choices to be made, hence why being current and breaking news is so important from a political communications perspective. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-step_flow_of_communication

The argument that North Korean brainwashing is incredibly effective isn't necessarily well-cited - there's a huge corpus of information from North Korean defectors on the various myths and legends that is spread by Juche ideology, but that's entirely separate to taking a contrarian position on a dialogue. In the case of Fox News, it's generally shown that people who disagree with Fox News but continue to watch it are actually significantly less capable at answering questions on current events than people who disagree with Fox News and watch a news outlet they prefer. The same is true for people who agree with Fox News watching MSNBC - they're less knowledgeable on current events than Fox News watchers watching Fox News. http://www.poynter.org/2012/survey-...ormed-fox-news-viewers-worst-informed/174826/

People seem to adopt the views that they already agree with, and facts presented in line with those views are assimilated. If facts are not presented in a way aligning with an audiencemember's views, it actually makes their views stronger, in contradiction to the message being presented.

All in all, the propaganda on both sides is probably just making both sides more certain that the other is wrong. If they agree with it? Facts, sweet, the other side is clearly wrong. If they disagree with it? Vile propaganda that is not consistent with (their) existing knowledge, which hence is in itself proof of the fact that the other side is clearly wrong.

I'm not sure what you're objecting to, Nebula, a quote of the specific passage in the RP would be helpful.

The general portrayal of this pilot as someone who after being captured is willing to straight-up badmouth his country, his leadership, and his entire society.

Nebula:
The general portrayal of this pilot as someone who after being captured is willing to straight-up badmouth his country, his leadership, and his entire society.
Oh, that's easy to explain. Whether he's a captured Cogorian pilot in actuality is irrelevant. What matters is that he looks believable on TV. It can go both ways -- really good actor, or actual pilot. If he's an actual pilot, I can explain that too. Given one hundred Cogorian planes attacked Pelhafor and were met with disaster, there should be a significant number of POWs. Even in a group of ten POWs, maybe one or two would be superhuman in their piety towards Marx. The others are susceptible to torture, brainwashing, and other forms of pressure. Note that the broadcast was not live, but pre-recorded. There's plenty of playroom involved.

Kannex:
Nebula:
Oh, that's easy to explain. Whether he's a captured Cogorian pilot in actuality is irrelevant. What matters is that he looks believable on TV. It can go both ways -- really good actor, or actual pilot. If he's an actual pilot, I can explain that too. Given one hundred Cogorian planes attacked Pelhafor and were met with disaster, there should be a significant number of POWs. Even in a group of ten POWs, maybe one or two would be superhuman in their piety towards Marx. The others are susceptible to torture, brainwashing, and other forms of pressure. Note that the broadcast was not live, but pre-recorded. There's plenty of playroom involved.
In that case, could you maybe edit your post or something and casually mention that the pilot didn't have much of an accent or something like that?

Sory for the delay, was quite busy. Nebula, that chopper better be worth the Party's time they're delaying a lot of important stuff cause of it

Nebula:
Kannex:
Nebula:
In that case, could you maybe edit your post or something and casually mention that the pilot didn't have much of an accent or something like that?
No, I see no point.

Back