[private] Cabinet Brief - On the Topic of a Portfolio Reshuffle

culture_badge.png
A Proposal for a Portfolio Reshuffle
Cabinet Brief
For the Ministry of Culture & Entertainment, the Ministry of Communications, the Ministry of Education, & the Cabinet

To all whom it may concern,

This brief is a formal statement by the sitting Minister of Culture & Entertainment, the Grim Reaper, as to a proposal for a cabinet reshuffling in regards to the Ministry of Culture & Education, the Ministry of Communication, and the Ministry of Education. The proposal is to dissolve the Ministry of Education, and shift the responsibilites of it and the other two Ministries across the Executive Staff. No responsibilities currently held by the Executive Staff are to be removed from the Executive Staff.

Background

The responsibilities currently held by the Ministries in question are as follows.

• The Ministry of Education will hereafter be known as Edu. Edu is currently responsible for the maintenance of the North Pacific University. The North Pacific University is a forum board outlining a number of subject areas for the discussion of real life issues and events, as well as a a category for guest lectures. Edu is also responsible for an RMB Trivia program, and for the upkeep of the North Pacific's public service factbooks, including the Yellow Pages.
  • The Ministry of Communications will hereafter be known as Comm. Comm is responsible for the Northern Lights, a newspaper of public record intended as an instrument of official policy. The Northern Lights indicates changes of government roles following elections (primarily an instrument of foreign policy), interviews with NationStates personalities (particularly, but not exclusively, TNP Ministers), a regular feature known as 'SillyString's Silly Advice', and domestic policy instruments (RP features, NPA features, and recruitment features).

Proposal

The Ministry of Education will be dissolved.
  • The responsibilities of the Ministry of Education on the North Pacific forums will be shifted to the Ministry of Culture and Entertainment.
  • The responsibilities of the Ministry of Education in-game (RMB Trivia and factbook upkeep) will be shifted to the Ministry of Communications.
The Ministry of Communications will be greatly expanded.
  • The responsibilities of the Ministry of Culture & Entertainment in-game (The planning and advertisement of interregional events) will be shifted to the Ministry of Communications.
  • The primary policy instrument of the Ministry of Communications is to be the Northern Lights, a newspaper of public record.
  • The Ministry of Communications is to be charged with maintaining in the Northern Lights a summary of the following:
    • Any changes in elected government officials since the last issue.
    • Any legislation passed since the last issue.
    • The results of any court ruling since the last issue.
The relationship between the Ministry of Culture & Entertainment, and the above two Ministries will be redefined in the following ways.
  • The scope of the Ministry of Communications will be redefined as that covering all matters of writing, planning, and informing the population outside the TNP forums.
  • The scope of the Ministry of Culture & Entertainment will be redefined as that covering all matters of writing, planning, and informing the population inside the TNP forums.

I am a little confused as to why this is being presented at the end of a delegacy term, since each delegate normally restructures as they see fit when they come into office. Is this something that has come out of cabinet discussions?

EDIT; Sorry? Is this a private thread? If so, can you please use the tag [private] in the topic title to prevent admins looking in inadvertently?

flemingovia:
I am a little confused as to why this is being presented at the end of a delegacy term, since each delegate normally restructures as they see fit when they come into office. Is this something that has come out of cabinet discussions?

EDIT; Sorry? Is this a private thread? If so, can you please use the tag [private] in the topic title to prevent admins looking in inadvertently?
Fixed. Sorry Flem, my bad.

And for the record, this was something that has been raised as a response to the fairly long term issues with the Ministry of Education, and the recent vacancies in the Ministry of Communications. I raised this matter with Raven privately, and decided to post a brief in general for feedback.

Apologies for reading a private thread. With the use of the [private] tag this will not happen in future.

As any admin will tell you, it is almost impossible for an admin to see when a thread is not for their eyes without the tag, since we have access everywhere.

We DO respect the tag, though.

I personally have absolutely zero issues with the Admins reading and commenting where they like, since I know they'll have the discretion to not discuss it outside of the appropriate places.

Thank you for the brief, Grim.

I like this idea. It will allow the Ministry of Culture and Entertainment to expand its purview, and be more active.

Back