Crown Princess Seeking Colleges Abroad

The Royal House of Beringer
La Maison Royale de Beringer

REGIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT.
HRH The Crown Princess Alexandra, Princess of Giroud, has reached seventeen years of age, and thus is beginning to file applications to various colleges. In keeping with tradition, she and her family wish for her to be educated outside of Elair, but within the North Pacific. The Crown Princess has expressed her wishes to pursue a degree in nursing from a preferably all-girls institution. The Royal House requests that other nations in the region present their finest all-girls colleges with exemplary nursing programs.

The Crown Princess has a GPA of 4.3 and is set to graduate high school with an Advanced Studies diploma next year. She eagerly awaits all responses.

OOC Thread: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7498375/

Sadakoyama has the finest educational system in the North Pacific, if not the world, and is a leader in biotech and medical research. We do not, however, have any schools segregated by sex or gender.

Additionally, as an enthusiastically egalitarian society, Sadakoyama does not, in general, recognize the titles of nor extend special privilege to "royalty" while they are residing in our country under work or student visas.

Miragea, the largest of Guslantis' southern cities, is home to the esteemed Boreaux Academy, an academy dedicated to Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math. The academy is not separated by gender, however, most of the academy students are female, such as renowned genius and inventor, Alicia Burns. The academy serves high schoolers, and college students, and does require applicants to take the Advanced Natural Talents and Intelligence Identifier, but with the princess having a 4.3, we doubt she'll have an issue getting in.

We also offer the Academy of Arts and Entertainment, but find that the princess will not be interested in it.

Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra is welcome to apply to the prestigious all-girls medical school at the St. Therese University, at the city Saisondorf, Wallei Province. Formerly a Catholic school, the college is now nondenominational and features a number of Kannexan royals as alumni.

To HRH The Crown Princess Alexandra, Princess of Giroud,

You are welcome to apply to the Kulle?? Irjali tal-Medi?ina (Royal College of Medicine) which is located in the city of Valletta, the capital of the Repubblika tal Callaici (Republic of Callaici) founded by Dukessa Clara Montanari in 1199 R.D. (C.E.) and is today regarded as one of the top colleges / universities for medicine in the Rose Union. While the college itself is not segregated by sexes, the Djar (Houses) are male-only, female-only and mixed (male and female). The Houses act as dorms for the students on campus and are designed to facilitate a welcome environment on campus and be a central social point. If you would like any further information, please direct any inquiries to Gavin Mianusa, the Callaician Legat of Culture.

Furthermore, as you are the Crown Princess of your nation and thus royalty, we extend an offer of invitation into the Ordni tal-Merkanti (Order of the Merchants) which was founded by the Duke and Dukessa of each family that oversaw the creation of the Most Serene Republic of Callaici after the overthrow of the monarchy. While Callaici no longer has royalty (nor being a Serene Republic), we acknowledge the royal families of other nations and if any member of one of those families chooses to study here, they are offered an invitation into that order. Typically, membership into the Ordni tal-Merkanti (Order of the Merchants) is bestowed as a honor to individuals in Callaician society who have made a significant impact that has benefited the people. However, exceptions are made to honor and recognize royal family members of other nations.

----
Kind regards,
Agusti Vatanius
Ma?istrat of Callaici

Yeraennus would be excited to invite Princess Alexandra to attend the Yeraenn University of Sciences (YUS). YUS has a prestigious medical science and education course, especially in the fields of radiology, prosthetics, and surgery, as well as supplemental courses in Political Science, Psychology, and Mental Therapy. Many extremely successful surgeons and pioneers in the medical industry have graduated from here, as well as the Minister of Foreign Relations, Esop A'guz. Individual courses are not divided between Male and Female, but separate housing exists for each sex. Further information can be provided through contact with Khiara Algen, Minister of Defense and Education.

"Alex, you've been invited to attend the Yeraenn University of Sciences," the Queen explained enthusiastically to her less-than-excited daughter. "They have superb courses in prosthetics and surgery."

"Did you say I was invited? Or am I welcome to apply?" Alexandra asked half-heartedly while thumbing through a tabloid.

"According to the response, you've been invited."

"In that case, I refuse," she huffed, crossing her arms.

"Pardon?" the Queen asked, confused. "There's hardly any difference."

"It makes all the difference! Is it too much to ask that I'm treated like a normal human being for at least four years?" Alexandra threw her magazine onto the end table and stood, taking the laptop that sat before her mother.

"Alex, you aren't prepared for that sort of treatment. I promise, it will make your college experience a nightmare," her mother replied.

"Aha! It says here that Sadakoyama won't 'extend special privileges to royalty,'" she said triumphantly.

"All of the institutions there are co-ed, though. That and not recognizing your title? I won't allow it!" the Queen reached for her laptop as she spoke.

"Do you not recall how you forced me to say that I wanted to attend an all-girls college? All in all, it seems like a perfect fit."

"Perfect fit?" the Queen spluttered. "Young lady, you will not attend college in Sadakoyama if it's the last thing I do!"

Regional Announcement:
The Royal House of Beringer
La Maison Royale de Beringer

REGIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT.
Both HM The Queen and HRH The Crown Princess have been overwhelmed by the responses from across the region. As of now, the Royal House has not been able to finalize anything, but they wish to express heartfelt gratitude towards all of the nations that have sent responses.

Princess Alexandra is perfectly welcome to attend the Marcadia University in central Xentherida, the finest of its type for medicine in the nation, with an extremely broad range of subjects, from pharmaceutical development to advanced surgery and therapy of many types. However, we do not separate our students by sex, although a high percentage - roughly 65% - attending are female (a result of a traditionally matriarchal society), and personal quarters are separated by gender. Also, while we will recognise your rank, it will be almost completely irrelevant to the school; it is a Xentheridan tradition to treat people equally, regardless of social status.

Should you have any additional questions, please contact the Principal, Samantha Collyer, who will be happy to answer any concerns or enquiries you may have.

"I think I've found a nation that would appease us both," said the Queen, looking up from her laptop.

"Hm?" Alexandra looked up from her magazine. "Which nation?"

"Xentherdia - they will acknowledge your position, but tradition there dictates that you'd be treated normally."

"Not interested," Alexandra replied with an air of nonchalance. "I just want to be Alex Beringer for once, okay? The only nation that's going to let me do that as of now is Sadakoyama."

"Well, would you be interested in joining the Order of Merchants?"

"Come again?" Alexandra arched a curious eyebrow.

"Apparently Callaici encourages you to apply to the Royal College of Medicine - if you do, you'll be invited to join the Order of Merchants, established by... you know what, just read it." With that, the Queen handed her laptop to Alexandra.

Alexandra's eyes skimmed over the page. "No."

"There's no need to be so stubborn, Alex. It's not like you'll actually use your college education for anything."

"That's exactly what I don't want to happen!" she snarled. "Believe or not, I actually want to work in a hospital one day! I don't want to be Queen!"

"You'll feel differently one day," the Queen muttered quietly.

"Honey?" the Queen tapped gently on the door leading to her husband's study.

"Enter," said a voice from the inside.

The Queen let herself in and sat in one of the plush chairs in front of the King's desk. "I, the lowly Queen Consort, need you to do a small favor for me," she began.

"And you cannot do this yourself?" the King asked skeptically.

"If I could, I would have already, believe me," she said, plastering a sickly sweet smile onto her face.

"Spit it out. What is this magical little thing that only I can do for you?"

"Declare war upon Sadakoyama." Her smile immediately faded.

"Did one of their tabloids insult your dress or something? We have no good reason to go to war."

"They're corrupting little Alex. She's spewing radical nonsense."

"How so? What so-called 'radical nonsense' are you talking about?"

The Queen sighed dramatically. "She doesn't want to be Queen, claims that she wants to be 'Alex Beringer,' et cetera. Sadakoyama sent a response to our regional announcement claiming that they wouldn't give her any special treatment whatsoever and she's obsessed."

"If it's only for four years, that sort of thing may be good for her, Katherine..." the King trailed off upon seeing his wife's glare.

"Oh, so you support the corruption of your heiress? Fine! I'll go fix this myself!"

"Katherine, I..." Before he could finish, the Queen had stormed off. The King could only hope that she wouldn't soil Elair's reputation permanently.

[img=163,110]http://wiki.taijitu.org/w/images/8/80/Imperial_College_Flag.png[/img]
Fendrina Quarrovth Academy for Young Women
A component school of the Royal College at Fellowmoor
"A learned theologian will come as male or female. Sel* will stand against the ancestors as an iconoclast and then with them as a defender of their ideas. Sel will learn from their teachings." - St. Derosimmu, c. 1341​

When Her Majesty proposed the Expanding Education To Girls and Young Women Act before the legislature in 1995, the Academy for Young Women was an integral part of its mandate to increase enrollment rates in primary, secondary, and tertiary schools for Myrorian girls and women. As the first institute of higher learning established by the EEGYW Act, the Academy was given a royal grant of over five million Myrorian guilden and quickly became the highest-ranked women-only college in the country.

Located in Fellowmoor, one mile away from the main campus of the co-educational Royal College at Fellowmoor, the Academy is close to the bustle of the big city while also providing the seclusion associated with more traditional university life. Young women from all walks of life attend class at the Academy - wealthy members of Myroria's noble Great Houses, foreigners attending school here in the All-House Union, and young women from rural backgrounds whose ambition and intelligence was discovered and nurtured in one of the many primary and secondary schools opened by the EEGYW Act.

The Academy's nursing program has been ranked as the best in the nation in both 2009 and 2014, and has been in the top five in the nation every year since 2005. Most nursing classes are held in either the Mevrenea Building or Townswomen's Hall, along with the Academy's medical and pharmacy programs. Designed by award-winning architect Llenosin Saraseth, these two buildings are among many on the campus that have been recognized for their modern outfittings and environmental sustainability.

Numerous extra-curricular programs exist on campus, such as the Gandosammu Society and Assarimirovth Sisterhood sororities, Academy student government, the Foreign Students' Assocation, the Lavender Alliance, occupational societies such as the Young Nurses' Union or National Association of Medical Practitioners, as well as a full gamut of highly-ranked sports teams.

It would be my pleasure to formally invite Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess to matriculate for classes here at the Academy at the start of the new term. As a student at the Academy, Her Royal Highness would be with among the best and brightest young women in Myroria and from around the world. Noblewomen from Myroria's Great Houses interact with people from more middling backgrounds as intellectual, if not economic, equals. That this would be the state of events has always been of particular importance to Her Majesty, who herself was born not "in-the-purple", but as the daughter of a military man only later chosen by the Council of Great Houses to lead our great nation.

I would like to see Her Royal Highness walking the Academy's campus in the spring, if it pleases you.

Your humble servant,
Ulisamsi Quarrith,
President of the Fendrina Quarrovth Academy for Young Women

*A gender-neutral Myrorian language pronoun.

To: Alex Beringer
Subject: Congratulations!

Ms. Beringer
I am contacting you regarding your results of the online aptitude assessment you completed on our website, which were outstanding. It is my privilege to offer you a place at the University of Sadakoyama's International School. Your course of study at IS will include an accelerated program to ground you solidly in the prerequisites of your field of study, as well as mandatory classes in adapting to the unique culture and lifestyle of Academy City and Sadakoyama. This course of study is largely self-directed, and takes no more than a year to complete; on average most students have met the requirements in 6-9 months. With the results you've achieved on the aptitude screening you should have no trouble at all. The International School is not bound by a traditional calendar schedule, the program begins once you arrive at and are settled into our campus in AC.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have, I've also included some links to additional information, or you may browse the website to learn more.

Thank you for your interest in USDKY, we look forward to working with you.
Pete

Do You Want To Know More?
What should I bring with me? What should I leave behind?
Planning my curriculum.
Mandatory classes?
Dorm life.
Academy City.
Who is paying for all this?

To: Pete Segreti
Subject: RE: Congratulations!

Mr. Segreti:

Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid that my family prohibits me from accepting it. There has been talk around the palace of a state dinner, to which officials from Sadakoyama, among other nations, are invited. I'm aware this sounds drastic, but if you were able to convince the officials attending the dinner to "kidnap" me and take me to Sadakoyama, I'd be able to accept. I'm very interested in doing so.

Best,
Alexandra

To: Alex Beringer
CC: Benedikt Alesini (Ben.Alesini.ff35d8@dis-fod.sdky
Subject: Re: Re: Congratulations!

Ms. Beringer,
I am sorry to hear that your family has qualms about you attending our institution. Other students have had similar difficulties which we have been able to overcome. As for your specific suggestion, while we value such creative and inspired thinking I have been advised by my colleagues at International Studies that while your nation is not a signatory to our neutrality treaty, such an action appears to violate the spirit of the document. We will be happy to have a representative attend the social function you mention, as an opportunity not only to get to know your people better but to make a personal appeal to your family on your behalf. I'm sure we can work something out.

In the meantime, I or one of my colleagues will check in with you to see if the situation has changed.
Pete

Back