ARCHIVED: DISCUSSION: McMasterdonian betrayal

plembobria

TNPer
-
Representatives, I call the council to inform them of the Kingdom of McMasterdonia's wanton betrayal of this union. Yesterday, the nation declared war on my native country on the basis of a few false accusations. This aggression is unspeakable.

Agents of King-Regnant Albert's government were dispatched to arrest their own DU ambassador without any charges whatsoever.

I urge all DU members to support our government, rather than the sham democracy of McMasterdonia.

This is absolutely disgusting. The McMasterdonian government has betrayed our trust and has instead proven its utter incompetence.

Syrixia will be closing all relations with McMasterdonia henceforth.

We too will be strictly limiting our relations with them, although keeping a small amount open in case they wish to negotiate instead of continue with the war. We can also get our navy to patrol the strait and prevent any McMasterdonian ships attempt to attack.

Our so-called ally from the Not-So-Serene Republic of Syrixia has moved very quickly to turn against us. How quickly hypocrisy is accepted as the norm for diplomacy. While the Right Honourable Gentleman waged war and raped & pillaged the resources of poorer states in the name of World Peace, McMasterdonia politely respected the sovereignty of others and handled it's own issues internally.

Let us not forget that McMasterdonia is not the aggressor in this matter. The King of Plembobria ordered spies into the Kingdom of McMasterdonia, and assaulted a military encampment. This encampment attack also resulted in the death of more than 100 McMasterdonian military personnel.

Our declaration of war has not come out of nowhere - it is based on real actions that violate our sovereignty. Why is the Ambassador from Syrixia so keen to lie to their own people, and to the representatives of the Democratic Union? Why must the Ambassadors drink the koolaid from the Ambassador from Plembobria without questioning it?

McMasterdonia has not betrayed anyone. It is the Kingdom of Plembobria who has betrayed the world and the democratic union. The Chairman has violated the sovereignty of one of the longest serving members of the Democratic Union.

We are not the aggressors here. We will not simply accept repeated violations against our sovereignty. It is disturbing that the Ambassadors to respond so far seem to expect that we do so, and have made no attempt to demand Plembobria explain their violations of our sovereignty.

There were charges issued against the Chancellor, the charge of high treason. While treasonous behaviour may be the norm in the Hypocritical Republic of Syrixia, and in the Kingdom of Plembobria, it is not acceptable in McMasterdonia.

I'd like to find the source of this foolish notion that my government assaulted and killed one hundred McMasterdonian troops.

Where in the world did the McMasterdonian delegation hear this nonsense? I recommend he leave his post and seek employment at some other organization that doesn't peddle lies in the name of war.

I do not believe that the Government of Syrixia is currently hiring.

I refer to the attack made on a McMasterdonian encampment, in which a large group of highly trained Plembobrian agents coordinated their attack with terrorists in McMasterdonia. Anyone in the intelligence community can confirm their involvement. I suggest that there is a significant amount of misinformation and miscommunication occurring within your government at the moment, and I suggest that you consult with your Government and return when you are willing and able to respond to our declaration of war properly.

Syrixia was planning to retract our support for Plembobria and abstain from this situation until the discussion is over and a verdict, which requires evidence, is reached on whether McMasterdonia's claims are true. However, the blatant insults from the McMasterdonian ambassador against the Syrixian Empire are completely uncalled for and utterly immature. We demand an apology, immediately, or else relations end here.

Let it be known that our speed in choosing a side was motivated, as previously noted, by a lack of evidence from the McMasterdonian ambassador that his claims are correct. The Empire has decided to allow McMasterdonia a chance to save Syrixian-McMasterdonian relations by presenting any evidence they have. The Empire is interested in investigating such evidence if it exists.

Such evidence that we would accept would be photographic, video, satellite map, or a confession from the Plembobrian King, if he is guilty. Note that that last acceptable piece of evidence's mentioning does not mean we currently think he is guilty.

OOC: Evidence.. Well you are going to have to take my word for it :P

We have images that demonstrate that the King's Chief of Staff and Chief of Security met with the Lord Alexander and his security services. Attached are two photos of them inside the palace, and then two images of them fully armed and inside a jeep: <images here>

We have received eye witness reports of two Plembobrians walking towards the McMasterdonian mountains. At this point, we have drone images that show a large force aligned to the plembobrians attacking the encampment.

<drone images here>

We also include in our submission full photos of the 100+ dead McMasterdonian soldiers. All of them killed by the Plembobrian assault on the encampment.

<images of 100 dead soldiers>

It is also telling that no other force has claimed responsibility. If this was Gunrei's forces he would have admitted and claimed responsibility for the attack. The King of Plembobria has kept his cabinet in the dark, and then travelled to McMasterdonia while simultaneously violating our sovereignty. This evidence is irrefutable.

In order to prevent war, we demand the King fully confess his involvement, apologise, pay full compensation to the families of the victims, restore the McMasterdonian encampment, and that King Tozian I immediately abdicate as King of Plembobria. Otherwise we will go to war.

It's a trifle odd that two unarmed agents were able to kill over one hundred soldiers. However attacked your camp had nothing to do with my government, I guarantee it. Perhaps they were acting on the orders of Alexander. But there is absolutely no evidence that they had anything to do with this.

And yet you said just now that you did indeed send spies into McMasterdonia? This is beginning to sound fishy.

We refuted the notion that they were spies. They are agents fulfilling an undisclosed purpose. The purpose itself is a matter of national security.

plembobria:
We refuted the notion that they were spies. They are agents fulfilling an undisclosed purpose. The purpose itself is a matter of national security.

That sounds exactly like a spy.

plembobria:
It's a trifle odd that two unarmed agents were able to kill over one hundred soldiers. However attacked your camp had nothing to do with my government, I guarantee it. Perhaps they were acting on the orders of Alexander. But there is absolutely no evidence that they had anything to do with this.

We said plembobrian aligned forces. There is a difference. You were unable to move an entire batallion into McMasterdonia, so you enlisted the support of local warlords and funded their attack. You should be ashamed, and now you throw your ally Alexander under the bus simply because he is dead? Nice to know that the Plembobrians have no notion whatsoever of loyalty.

Syrixia:
And yet you said just now that you did indeed send spies into McMasterdonia? This is beginning to sound fishy.

Indeed.

At this time, The Lancerian Empire will be remaining neutral. We have no further comment.

Sincerely,

Dwight Hodges

Democratic Union Ambassador for The Lancerian Empire

Member, I must inform you that the Kingdom of McMasterdonia has carried out a truck bombing in our capital.

The entirety of the Royal Family has been killed. This is disgusting. It is barbaric. It violates the rules of war in every way possible.

This is part of the rules of war, gentleman, by assassinating the leadership team of the Kingdom of Plembobria we have ensured that the war comes to an end - with the loss of civilians and other military personnel absolutely minimized.

I hope the King sleeps well tonight, knowing after his sister's brutal death, that another country will have to mourn its leader. Fighting fire with fire just burns the world down. The Union highly condemns this action and will be cutting ties with the McMasterdonia King. All respect for his ruling was lost. A beautiful wake was put on, a lovely funeral including the now-dead Tozian giving a eulogy. What kind of façade did McMasterdonia want to fool the national leaders of, if I may ask?

-Parker Fuller
Temporary Rep of UGIE

That is incorrect, Ambassador. The only facade was that put forward by King Tozian - who was invited in good faith to the Kingdom of McMasterdonia to attend the funeral of his cousin. He did attend, while at the same time plotting the downfall of the McMasterdonian state and committing acts of war against us. He is the one responsible, and he should be blamed for misleading us.

The actions we have taken this day were necessary and proportionate.

Nay, you didn't even give time for the ambassador to explain their country before blowing up their King and the Royal Family. It's sick. It's disgusting. You both are probably at fault, I am quite sure, but this is not how you end a war. Our Queen had upmost respect for both Tozian and Albert. Now it's hard to tell who is really the lesser of two evils.

You may wish to attack our actions Ambassador, but do not presume to know everything. Do not presume you have the right to insult our character.

Shouldn't the Ambassador be more concerned about preventing the slide of Guslantis into that of a failed state and irrelevancy in the international community? This is what happens to nations who allow pretenders to rise up and name their family as royalty after serving only as President. It shows other wannabe leaders that it is an acceptable type of revolution in your nation.

Tozian did what he though was necessary - and in doing so he ensured a war between our two nations. McMasterdonia merely ended the conflict before it got out of hand.

Funkadelia has no official position on the matter.

We do not deal with inter-actor pettiness. It is not prudent for us to involve ourselves in this matter with such blurred lines.

By killing our King? This is nonsense. And Albert dares to declare himself the King of Plembobria? Madness! Kialga has betrayed us as well. How dare he?

This Kingdom does not recognize the claim by Albert. The Kingdom regrets that the leaders of Kialga-Lourti dares to do something so rash.

plembobria:
By killing our King? This is nonsense. And Albert dares to declare himself the King of Plembobria? Madness! Kialga has betrayed us as well. How dare he?

This Kingdom does not recognize the claim by Albert. The Kingdom regrets that the leaders of Kialga-Lourti dares to do something so rash.

Albert has dared to follow the law of Plembobria. The High Court evidently agrees with his opinion: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7456406/1/#post8257167

This quite clearly shows that Albert is indeed the rightful King of Plembobria.

The killing of your King was necessary to bring the war to a swift end. Kialga has recognised this and is willing to support us in reestablishing peace in the region, and in Eras.

I'll also add that Lord Ravenclaw AND Norvalkin clearly share the views of Kialga on this matter.

Yeah - when the High Court doesn't do what you want it to do, that is, it enforces the law, you dissolve it. This does not change anything, Albert is the lawful King of Plembobria and his succession should be enforced.

The Tech Republic enacted a calculated move to facilitate the extraction of noncombatants from a heated situation, and to ensure their continued well-being. That is all.

This has become nothing more than petty. The Empire is utterly ashamed at McMasterdonia and Plembobria for their continued bickering; as well as McMasterdonia itself for their truck bombing and forced succession, and Plembobria for its use of spies and, as evidence shows, soldiers to inflict harm. Both nations have committed atrocities in the name of a petty conflict which frankly only shows the world their incompetence. A conference could have easily settled this, but now 100 McMasterdonian soldiers and the whole Plembobrian Royal Family is dead.

The Syrixian Empire hereby DEMANDS a white peace be signed and this conflict end, or else we will start a coalition among the world's sane nations to enforce economic sanctions on both McMasterdonia and Plembobria.

If the delegation from Syrixia seeks a resolution to this conflict, it will not be achieved by enforcing sanctions on both sides.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. The attacks on the military encampment were not carried out by the Plembobrian government, nor on its behalf.

At this point it doesn't matter what happened. All that matters is that this conflict ceases. Talk it out and stop being petty like whining children slap-fighting over a toy truck.

There is a certain degree of maturity needed to be a politician. The Empire does not consider petty conflicts such as these as adding to one's maturity levels.

Exactly. People have been murdered over this whole thing yet this could have all been avoided had both of you not done whatever the hell escalated tensions in the first place. Put down your hatchets and become civilized again.

Our King, rest in peace, sent personal agents on a vital national security mission, and local tribal conflicts got out of hand in an unfortunate and tragic coincidence. Our agents had nothing to do with this.

Albert, in his rash and reckless demeanor, has declared war on us and murdered our head of state, his own cousin. This is a reprehensible crime against humanity, and a violation of the rules of war.

Only McMasterdonia must put their hatchet down. Plembobria did not attack or bring harm to the McMasterdonian state. Albert is a cruel imperialist, and he intends to cut down all who stand in his path for tyrannical world domination.

If the King is dead and this entire conflict hinges on this "vital national security mission," perhaps it would be a show of good faith for the Pelbobrians to present us with information about this "mission. Otherwise you are failing to impress most of us with your grandiose claims of "betrayal." The Democratic Union is not your personal army. We are a congres of separate nations and we, especially not Funkadelia, will not blindly accept any claims that you make.

Exactly! If we are to even consider supporting you, there needs to be hard, solid evidence and information.

The Empire of Kannex, in the strongest possible terms, condemn the brutal tyrant and his lackeys in Mcmasterdonia. The actions of the authorities who style themselves rulers of Mcmasterdonia have committed the grossest acts of terrorism and warmongering that threaten to level the world into war once again. The Reich wholeheartedly prays for the end of this conflict and backs the Kingdom of Plembobria and its just struggle for defense. His Majesty Emperor Franz extends the utmost condolences for the deaths of the Royal Family of Plembobria. May God bless their souls.

Kannex:
The Empire of Kannex, in the strongest possible terms, condemn the brutal tyrant and his lackeys in Mcmasterdonia. The actions of the authorities who style themselves rulers of Mcmasterdonia have committed the grossest acts of terrorism and warmongering that threaten to level the world into war once again. The Reich wholeheartedly prays for the end of this conflict and backs the Kingdom of Plembobria and its just struggle for defense. His Majesty Emperor Franz extends the utmost condolences for the deaths of the Royal Family of Plembobria. May God bless their souls.

How short do you think our memories are Mr Ambassador? You have some nerve to lecture the government of McMasterdonia on warmongering and methods of war. Kannex is one of the most well known war mongering imperialist states in the East. Take a good hard look in the mirror before you dare to make such accusations again. You were one of the major nations responsible for one of the most ridiculous 'wars' of the 21st century.

How conveniently you have ignored the killing of 100 McMasterdonian soldiers by Plembobrians - killed without even a declaration of war. Killed on their own soil. While the Plembobrian government may claim they did not officially support it, the reality is that they provided great support to that movement and were actively involved in it. Our war against Plembobria is completely justified.

That and we have it on good intelligence authority that the Government of Kannex has been providing support to the intelligence service of the flemingovianist rebels. Your opinion on the actions of our Government means absolutely nothing to us, or to any Government that does not support flemingovianist extremism.

The Kingdom appreciates the efforts of the Government of Syrixia to seek answers from the Kingdom of Plembobria.

You are not without fault either, Mr. Ambassador. You both are in the red. Stop debating from your pedestals and get onto the floor of diplomacy. Use your words to elaborate your intentions, and not actions of the others. Don't point the speck of dirt on your enemy's shoulder when there is a blatant stain on yours. Let's please work this out.

I find it interesting, that the Right Honourable Ambassador from Guslantis has seen fit to make that response to my accusations - but has been more than happy to sit idly by while the hypocritical, war mongering, imperialist, racist nations of the East have employed the floor of the Democratic Union as their own pedestal for lies and hypocrisy. On this matter, Ambassadors to the DU have given the limpest performance I have ever seen ... it was like being flogged with a warm lettuce. It was like being mauled by a dead sheep.

The Ambassador should get of his high horse and offer solutions, instead of offering nothing more than words. He should be lobbying members to remind them that it is not only the imperialist eastern states that matter.

The Kingdom of McMasterdonia has attempted to employ the Democratic Union on two occassions to help us to resolve issues. The DU did absolutely NOTHING when the Queen was murdered abroad in Eumenor. Eumenor continues to be a member of this body to this day - despite the committee being completely unable to determine any results of their investigation. People were very keen to defend Eumenor then when they had murdered a head of state - without any declaration of war might I had.

But suddenly, after a declaration of war - and proper notice, the assassination of a wartime political leader is taboo? Give me a break. That is warfare, we have not prohibited using assassination as a war time tactic - nor should we. It brought a swift end to a war that would have proven to be incredibly bad for both sides, and would have simply allowed the Flemingovianists to exploit our weaknesses. Tozian is dead because he committed espionage against McMasterdonia, and because he killed hundreds of our soldiers. We had far more justification for this war than any of the recent wars between Eastern states, that were little more than skid-marks on the underpants of the world.

Why don't the deaths of McMasterdonians matter to the Ambassadors of the Democratic Union? Is it because we were not willing to allow our people to be slaughtered in the brain dead wars of the past 2 years? It is because we do not bow to the imperialist nature of Eastern States? Is it because we do not tolerate hypocrisy from those states? Is it because we make a habit of pointing out double standards where they exist? Why don't McMasterdonian lives matter?

Every time a matter about McMasterdonia has been brought before the DU, the other Ambassadors have either shat all over it; or done nothing. There is a clear paper trail on this subject. The Democratic union - like all other international bodies that currently exist within the North Pacific - is little more than unrepresentative swill. Prepare some solutions. Show that there is any attention paid to the lives of McMasterdonians, until then, we are not going to take this body - the Chairman - or most of the Ambassadors seriously.

mcmasterdonia:
Kannex:

How short do you think our memories are Mr Ambassador? You have some nerve to lecture the government of McMasterdonia on warmongering and methods of war. Kannex is one of the most well known war mongering imperialist states in the East. Take a good hard look in the mirror before you dare to make such accusations again. You were one of the major nations responsible for one of the most ridiculous 'wars' of the 21st century.

How conveniently you have ignored the killing of 100 McMasterdonian soldiers by Plembobrians - killed without even a declaration of war. Killed on their own soil. While the Plembobrian government may claim they did not officially support it, the reality is that they provided great support to that movement and were actively involved in it. Our war against Plembobria is completely justified.

That and we have it on good intelligence authority that the Government of Kannex has been providing support to the intelligence service of the flemingovianist rebels. Your opinion on the actions of our Government means absolutely nothing to us, or to any Government that does not support flemingovianist extremism.

The Kingdom appreciates the efforts of the Government of Syrixia to seek answers from the Kingdom of Plembobria.
The Kannexan Reich defended the Southern world from the true imperialists of communist Nebula who would have their soldier-brutes wreck carnage over Rhuvanland and Syrixia. The Reich struck against the power-lust of this communist empire to divide up Cronaal and threaten the peace of the world -- now we see here, an upstart little king ascends on his throne and wishes more than just the blood-stained scepter of royal power. We, who have sacrificed our noble Teutonic blood for the sake of peace and justice, recognize a tyrant when we see one. This man Albert is no friend to justice, nor order. Mcmasterdonia under his rule has descended into chaos akin to Cronaal after Smithworks. With these false accusations against Plembobria, Albert seeks to wean attention off his failures at home. But he will not last. We Kannexans know a Latin phrase -- Sic semper tyrannis. So soll es immer den Tyrannen ergehen.

The purpose of the agents of Plembobria in McMasterdonia has been revealed. To rescue the queen mother and locate the rightful king of McMasterdonia. I have made a separate motion regarding Prince Richard.

In light of the latest revelations, I suggest member nations go over them, and rethink their positions.

Back