Minister of Culture
-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
So, thanks to the teamwork of Queen Leah and Minister Reeder, the Pigletville Exploration and Reconnaissance Vehicle (PigletXR1) is now fully functional and ready for a nice batch of astronauts to pilot it to the great beyond and "boldly go where no Guslant has ever gone before". With the CAPCOM, Carrotopolis, AKA Lauren Brown, helping out the crew from the Mission Control in Carrotopolis, (yay, why is help always on the ground safely? <_<) and an experienced crew, what could possibly go wrong?

So, who's ready to strap up into the first modern-day spacecraft in hopes of glory and fame?

We've recently cut back our space operations; I'm sure any number of out-of work Sadakhan would love a chance to get a job with your program.

Piscivore:
We've recently cut back our space operations; I'm sure any number of out-of work Sadakhan would love a chance to get a job with your program.
Does that mean a possible manned trip to the Moon?

Piscivore:
Syrixia:
Piscivore:
You betcha.
I could help you gents if you want, or maybe even come. The Democratic People's Republic of Syrixia put a man on the moon on March 22, 1972. The refounded Empire sent a mission up in 2006 to replace the flag, though, so the original flag is no longer there, but in a Sikhara museum.

Still counts though. >_<

Syrixia:
I could help you gents if you want, or maybe even come. The Democratic People's Republic of Syrixia put a man on the moon on March 22, 1972. The refounded Empire sent a mission up in 2006 to replace the flag, though, so the original flag is no longer there, but in a Sikhara museum.
Wouldn't it just be a rectangle of white cloth, after 34 years exposed to solar radiation?

http://gizmodo.com/5930450/all-the-american-flags-on-the-moon-are-now-white

Could you specify the purpose of this mission? It will allow the participants to send more useful IC astronauts.

Floresque has the capital to contribute to this program, with the right guarantees of shared credit and access to future economic benefits from the use of this spacecraft, if any.

The mission would involve going to a planet or moon that the team would believe they could reach. Whether that is the moon of Eras, or the next planet of our solar system, the PigletXR1's engines are powerful enough to do just that. The issue is actually thriving on that planet or moon, which is where the international space agencies come in.

The Khan places the use of Orbital Command and it's crew/facilities at Guslantis' disposal and offers Colonel Maria Forrest, one of our top pilots, as a helm officer.

Piscivore:
Syrixia:
Wouldn't it just be a rectangle of white cloth, after 34 years exposed to solar radiation?

http://gizmodo.com/5930450/all-the-american-flags-on-the-moon-are-now-white
The original would, yes, but I just said that it was replaced with the current flag in 2006. XD

Bootsie:
The mission would involve going to a planet or moon that the team would believe they could reach. Whether that is the moon of Eras, or the next planet of our solar system, the PigletXR1's engines are powerful enough to do just that. The issue is actually thriving on that planet or moon, which is where the international space agencies come in.
We can definitely help there; we have four decades of experience in life support systems, including waste disposal, food production, and oxygen generation, mostly involving GMO algaes that fulfill all these functions.

Okay, so the plan would be to launch PigletXR1 with a full crew, under command of either Mission Control or some kind of Launch Control Center. If a Launch Control is used, it would be under the control of the mission from the initial takeoff. The PigletXR1 would take off from Carrotopolis, and after the jettison of the boosters, would begin to turn into an orbit in preparation for a gravity assist. The plan would be to slingshot off of Eras' orbit and increase to an acceleration to conserve fuel. From that point, a transfer would occur to bring control into Carrotopolis. Depending on the location of the mission, time will differ between departure and arrival, however, for all locations, a trajectory would be chosen to attempt a reverse gravity assist, slowing the speeding vessel and hopefully land the space team onto the planet. Right now we're looking for six or eight astronauts, which we know is a bit much, however, we believe international cooperation is imperative and thus will need this much.

Syrixia:
Piscivore:
Syrixia:
Piscivore:
You betcha.

Still counts though. >_<
Actually, Syrixia when you sent that one up a Nebulan mission went up a few days later and attacked it with bolt cutters and razor blades. :P

We have made a few missions there, though, and intend to start a lunar colony in a few decades.

Wolfsea:
We're already working on a lunar colony... and legislation to preserve Lunar beauty.
Ok, a lunar colony; now that's a bit crossing the future line. Plx no :(

Syrixia:
Wolfsea:
We're already working on a lunar colony... and legislation to preserve Lunar beauty.
Ok, a lunar colony; now that's a bit crossing the future line. Plx no :(
Did we not establish in the Future RP that we did have subterranean Lunar colonies? I'm not saying the colonies would be formed next week or something (that would be silly) but considering a reality TV show wanted to set up a martian colony by 2025 its not beyond the reals of feasibility for a spacefaring nation to have plans for lunar colonisation.

#JustSayin'

The threadjacking in this topic stops now. Discuss Bootsie's proposal only.

Back