The Free Conglomeration (Seeking Feedback)

The Free Conglomeration Factbook

Just wondering if I could get some feedback on what to include and what has been included so far, opinions would be really useful for further work

Military has played a large part so far but I hope to expand and was wondering what some other thoughts were

Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks,

I like what you've done so far. One suggestion would be that some of the images could perhaps be a little bit smaller, just to make it all fit in together a bit more neatly.

I'll read it over again later and see if there is anything else. I'll edit your topic title so people know you're looking for feedback, others may have thought you were just displaying your factbook here.

You need a coherent government structure. It's nice to say, "Well, my government takes action according to practicality," but the question is, who is the government that makes these decisions? Is it a single person, a dictator, or an oligarchy of 'experts'? Or is it a democracy? Simply mashing up all the ideologies doesn't produce anything; it just produces an incoherent ideology.

Ok thanks for the replies

I'll have a think over and come up with some government structure that makes sense and actually shows a combination of these ideologies at work

I updated my factbook with governmental structure, hopefully it'll clarify some things

I've indeed chosen a presidential parliamentary system with proportional voting as it seems to fit the nation perfectly, of course with one or two changes

Looks good so far. One suggestion would be separating the military stuff into a separate factbook, and then link to it from the overview.

Without going into the content, you can work on the look a little. I did not like the over-all theme of the Factbook. The current one is something like this:

TITLE

Section
Subsection
  • List
Text text text
When I would suggest something like this:

TITLE

SECTION
Subsection
  • List
Text Text Text

It looks much cleaner and more professional. I used Verdana font, removed the bolds and underlines, and changed the dark blue color to the sections, not title. It will make them stand out more against the subsections.

You are also lacking a lot of things in your sidebar. Ethnic groups are also not something I would put in the sidebar. I would keep that in the body of the Factbook. The sidebar is an important tool in a Factbook, because it allows visitors to see important info about your nation at a glance. I have taken the liberty to code a new sidebar for you below. :)

Code:
[font=verdana][floatright][box][background-block=ccfpcc][center][size=160]The Free Conglomeration[/size]
[hr]

[img]https://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/the_free_conglomeration__663221.png[/img]
[hr]

[b]Motto: [/b]"Practicality and Advancement for the Greater Good."
[hr][/center]

[b]Allegiance: [/b]  [url=http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_north_pacific]The North Pacific[/url]
[hr]

[b]Capital: [/b][i]NONE[/i]
[b]Largest City:[/b] New Alexandria
[hr]

[b]Official Language:[/b] English 
[hr]

[b]National Animal:[/b] Squirrel
[hr]

[b]History:[/b]

[list][*]Discovery: 1st February 1856
[*]Establishment of Frontier Territories: 21st August 1898
[*]Establishment of Islands Collective: 11th July 1909
[*]Reformation of the United Central Federation: 29th June 1989
[*]Formation of Free Conglomeration: 15th July 2035[/list]
[hr]

[b]Demonym:[/b]

Conglomerationian

[i]noun[/i]

[list=1][*]a native or citizen of The Free Conglomeration:
"I am a proud Conglomerationian."

[i]adjective[/i]

[*]of, relating to, or characteristic of The Free Conglomeration
or it's inhabitants:
"the birth of a new Conglomerationian car company."[/list]
[hr]

[b]HDI (NS Version):[/b] 58
[hr]

[b]Population (As of July):[/b] 6,536,900
[hr]

[b]Income Tax[/b] 48.6%
[hr]

[b]GDP: [/b] $12 trillion
[hr]

[b]Currency:[/b] New Dollar ($)
[hr]

[b]Time Zone:[/b] (UTC -8 to UTC -5)
[hr]

[b]Drives on the:[/b] Right
[hr]

[b]Calling code:[/b] +16
[hr]

[b]Internet TLD:[/b] .fcd
[hr][/background-block][/box][/floatright][/font]

If you need any help, please let me know.

~Casc

Thanks again for the feedback, very useful

I'll probably separate the military section once I have completed the other sections of the factbook and go from there

Concerning formatting, yes I will try and change the appearance following the alternate scheme, the sidebar for sure will be changed and I'm very grateful for the code

Thanks alot,

Back