-
-
Pronouns
she/her
TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
Why do you wish to join the SC? What are your qualifications for being trusted with a high number of endos and consequently a high amount of influence in TNP? What are your long term plans in NS?

Former English Colony:
Why do you wish to join the SC? What are your qualifications for being trusted with a high number of endos and consequently a high amount of influence in TNP? What are your long term plans in NS?
I want to contribute to the safety and security of the region.

I've been in TNP since resurrecting Sadakoyama and I have no interest in any other region. I've tried consistently to endorse everyone else in the region as per the WA Development Program, without asking for or requiring endorsements in kind. I've supported the duly elected representatives and have tried to add to the experience of TNP for myself and others.

My long term plans include continuing to develop my nation and to help others develop theirs.

I support you despite your being relatively new to the region. :)

It would be really nice if we could avoid another Plembobria situation and instead address this application in a timely manner.

Democratic Donkeys:
I support you despite your being relatively new to the region. :)

It would be really nice if we could avoid another Plembobria situation and instead address this application in a timely manner.
Thanks.

Hi Piscivore, thanks for applying. I apologise for not getting to this thread earlier.

I've seen you around and posting in the RP/Game and Arts areas of this forum. Both great areas of the forum and where (I think) some of the most fun occurs. I'm afraid to say that I don't know you that well though. I'm not sure what you think about the forum government. I'm not sure how you feel about the forums control of the game side region. I'm not sure how involved you are in the game side of this region.

I mention these things because we always consider the trustworthiness of applicants and how much we know/don't know about them. We can never be *certain* that a SC member won't break the rules, but we've done pretty well so far. I'm afraid that at this point in time, I don't know enough about you to say that you're trustworthy enough to be on the Security Council.

When I am considering an applicant I consider the following (not legal requirements)

- Trustworthiness & reliability
- involvement in the game (both on the RMB and in endo tarting)
- activity on the regional forum
- knowledge about what the SC does/does NOT do

How do you feel that you've demonstrated your trustworthiness? What do you think about some of the things that I've raised? Do you feel that you've met the above listed requirements?

The introduction of the endorsement wards and the widely available endotarting scripts/mechanisms has meant that many nations in TNP can gain a huge endorsement count without needing to be on the Security Council. The Security Council will mainly be around to enforce the recall of a Delegate, to coordinate Delegacy transitions, and to fight unendorsement campaigns (etc) against the sitting Delegate (should the need arise).

What do you think about the WADP awards and our widely available endorsement system? Is this good or bad for regional security? Why/Why not? What made you decide to apply for the Security Council instead of simply continuing as part of the WADP program?

Thank you.

mcmasterdonia:
Hi Piscivore, thanks for applying. I apologise for not getting to this thread earlier.

I've seen you around and posting in the RP/Game and Arts areas of this forum. Both great areas of the forum and where (I think) some of the most fun occurs. I'm afraid to say that I don't know you that well though.

Well, I'm a Sagittarius, I like seafood and sweet tea vodka and rainy days.

mcmasterdonia:
I'm not sure what you think about the forum government.
I was troubled that someone could force our delegate to resign via threats and/or blackmail and that someone would go to such lengths over an internet game, but otherwise I'm in favour of how this region is currently run. I still think the seal/coat of arms is hella ugly, though.

mcmasterdonia:
I'm not sure how you feel about the forums control of the game side region. I'm not sure how involved you are in the game side of this region.
Not very, to be honest, and that's why I applied; I'd like to get more involved. I'm not terribly interested in running things though, so I thought helping to ensure the security of the region was a good way to participate.

mcmasterdonia:
I mention these things because we always consider the trustworthiness of applicants and how much we know/don't know about them. We can never be *certain* that a SC member won't break the rules, but we've done pretty well so far. I'm afraid that at this point in time, I don't know enough about you to say that you're trustworthy enough to be on the Security Council.

When I am considering an applicant I consider the following (not legal requirements)

- Trustworthiness & reliability
- involvement in the game (both on the RMB and in endo tarting)
- activity on the regional forum
- knowledge about what the SC does/does NOT do

How do you feel that you've demonstrated your trustworthiness?

That's kind of asking to prove a negative, isn't it? "Prove to me you won't betray us." :)

What I can say to that is that I haven't ever broken any rules. As an example of my integrity, I can offer this: as I mentioned, I was disturbed by the Tomb affair and those events happened to coincide with a visit to this region by Zenny, who apparently had some history here. I liked some of the things she had to say, so I decided to move one of my alternates (Saint Discordia) to her region to see what it was like. I rapidly determined that it didn't seem like the sort of place I would be happy, so my participation began and ended with the application to join their forum, the oath for which I altered as such:
(http://w11.zetaboards.com/The_Communist_Bloc/single/?p=8662309&t=11143210)
Application for Citizenship by Piscivore
Nation Name in the region: Saint Discordia
Are you, or have you ever been, known by any other names or aliases in any NationStates region or organization? If so, name them. I always personally go by Piscivore, My nations are Saint Discordia, Sadakoyama (TNP), and Sesbania (TEP)
Do you have a World Assembly nation? If so, name it. Sadakoyama
How did you find The Communist Bloc? Zenny's recent interaction with TNP
Are you involved in other regions or extra-regional entities? If so, name them. My primary nation is Sadakoyama in TNP.
Are you interested in joining our TCB Skype group chat? If so, leave your Skype username. Not at this time.

Please also take the following oath:

I, Piscivore, swear that I will bear true allegiance to The Communist Bloc, that I will faithfully observe and read the laws of The Communist Bloc, and that I will fulfill my duties as a citizen, including maintaining a nation in The Communist Bloc, with the sole exception that Saint Discordia or any nation under my control cannot participate in war against The North Pacific.

I understand that any violation of the vows in this oath may result in the termination of my citizenship.

mcmasterdonia:
What do you think about some of the things that I've raised? Do you feel that you've met the above listed requirements?
I hope I've answered them to your satisfaction, but I think you have to determine whether I've met your standards or not.

mcmasterdonia:
The introduction of the endorsement wards and the widely available endotarting scripts/mechanisms has meant that many nations in TNP can gain a huge endorsement count without needing to be on the Security Council. The Security Council will mainly be around to enforce the recall of a Delegate, to coordinate Delegacy transitions, and to fight unendorsement campaigns (etc) against the sitting Delegate (should the need arise).

What do you think about the WADP awards and our widely available endorsement system? Is this good or bad for regional security? Why/Why not?
I like it, it is in keeping with the democratic ideals of the region and my own personal values of egalitarian equality. It is a step toward treating everyone as equals rather than developing a class system of elites who have lots of endos and a virtual peasantry who have few to none.

mcmasterdonia:
What made you decide to apply for the Security Council instead of simply continuing as part of the WADP program?
As I said, I am interested in getting more involved. I am also inspired by SillyString's work as Vice Delegate and her performance in that office.

mcmasterdonia:
Thank you.
Thank you for your consideration.

Back